F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2002-2009 >> 2002 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Area of Interest - Southern Bahamas
      #2878 - Sat Sep 07 2002 09:03 AM

Area of convection and general cyclonic curvature near 24N 72W, or just north of the southern Bahamas, has good potential for further development over the next couple of days. Westerly shear just north of the area is forecast to abate (but not totally) by Sunday evening. Area of development expected to remain pretty much stationary over the weekend. Keep an eye out for slow pressure falls in the southern Bahamas.

Postscript: East Atlantic wave near 20W still having some trouble getting organized - even if it does (and it might), it will encounter some increasing westerly shear in a couple of days. Atlantic pattern continues to be disruptive.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator

TD 8 Initialized
      #2911 - Sun Sep 08 2002 10:26 AM

Subtropical Depression #8 was initialized at 28.1N 70.3W at 12Z, however, the system does have multiple centers of rotation and the primary center appears to be close to 28N 72.3W. Models intensify the cyclone to Hurricane strength in 48 hours and move the storm off to the northeast. For the moment the system appears to be stationary - perhaps even a slight westward drift. This system certainly has the potential to become the first hurricane of the season. As a side note, this season has started with 6 straight Tropical Storms - and thats the first time this has been recorded in the Atlantic basin.
Cheers,
ED

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: TD 8 Initialized
      #2928 - Sun Sep 08 2002 08:46 PM

uh oh ed.. thats your seven. damage control from here on. with 12-8-4 i'm playing the same game.
HF 0043z09september

Ed DunhamAdministrator

Re: TD 8 Initialized
      #2940 - Sun Sep 08 2002 11:41 PM

Right you are, but no damage control. You either hit em or you miss em - probably no different for your 8 and 4. Actually, I'm getting this uneasy feeling that the Gulf might do something in a few days.
Cheers,
ED

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3184

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center