F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Shalafi
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Altamonte Springs
Re: Cantore on TWC now... [Re: COgal]
      #30565 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:22 PM

I think it means you're first in line to serve Phil his crow when he's deserving. I sure hope he's deserving this time...

--------------------
Bryan
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
God bless
I know very litte about weather. I'm here to learn mostly but will post friendly replies now and then. So if you don't want to see non-weather comments ignore me now. Thanx!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Fletch
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: Cantore on TWC now... [Re: sthorne]
      #30566 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

I wonder if Jeb has set JC to "no fly" status in Florida?

Not yet, but he did tell George that JC hangs out with Cat Stevens. "It's a Wild World"

--------------------
Irwin M. Fletcher

MissBecky
Weather Guru

Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
Re: Crow Munching Forecast [Re: Shalafi]
      #30567 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Oh my word..you offer all three...State Farm is my guess but don't feel like you need to say. I can't believe how busy y'all must be.

Someone posted a link to a graphic comparing Charley, Frances and Ivan (back when he was way down in the caribbean) I don't suppose anyone knows of a graphic comparing all the storms we've had including the many we have now?

Actually, they'd probably give me a pat on the back for promoting the agency. It's called Oswald Trippe & Company, and we have agencies throughout the state. Closest to you would be Ocala, I think. We don't have anything too close to Orlando.

For tracking, try:
http://www.nbc-2.com/

Then click on Storm Tracker in the top article. You can see the paths of all 2004 storms and a good deal of historical storms too. All of us in the office were doing this when Ivan seemed to be following Charley's path so closely.

Wingman51
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: CFHC [Re: COgal]
      #30568 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:24 PM

Well, here we go again - - TOHO is as high as I've ever seen it and that's after this years major draw down. My concern this time is which side of the house to board up her in St. Cloud - - Charley blasted the South Side and Frances hit the north side - - might as well cover them all, stay covered till christmas and paint decorations all over them.
Thanks for the great guidance and advice meted out by the site and the posters - - you have no idea how much you benefit not only us, but in some cases our companies. I am asked daily what I have seen and do we need to close - - thanks to you guys, I'm usually right

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: Shalafi]
      #30569 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:24 PM

ok, I'm sure we have passed each other in there a time or two. Small world, huh?

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

nandav
Weather Watcher

Loc: Pt. Charlotte, FL
Re: Cantore on TWC now... [Re: sthorne]
      #30570 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:25 PM

Speaking of JC, this was in the Charlotte County Newspaper on Sept 13:

Top 10 list offers respite from storm worries

Punta Gorda Isles resident Jim Druyor has the right idea -- it's OK to laugh again.

A la David Letterman, Druyor created a hurricane-induced "Top 10" list around 1 a.m. Sunday morning and faxed it to the Charlotte Sun.

"I'd had some of these thoughts for a while, and I couldn't sleep because I was worrying about (Hurricane) Ivan, so I though I'd write," said Druyor, 60.

Here, then, are Druyor's "Ten Ways to Tell If You Live in Charlotte County":

1. Primary means of communication is graffiti on your garage door.

2. Friends ask, "Where are you evacuating to this weekend?"

3. You know what time the tropical update starts.

4. FEMA's phone number is on your speed dial.

5. You can change a tire in 5 minutes flat.

6. You know Wayne's last name. (NOTE: The head of Charlotte County EOC.. warned us for years that this could happen)

7. You think "Red Cross" is a popular new restaurant.

8. Your gas tank hasn't been below three-quarters in five weeks.

9. Blue is now your favorite color.

10. Jim Cantore is standing in your back yard.

Colleen A.

Loc: Florida
Ricreig [Re: Ricreig]
      #30571 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Seriously, let us inside your head a bit....

Ya sure you wanna go there? Ok, seriously. Partly because it IS a gut feeling; partly based on what I'm seeing. It wobbles to the north, then back to the west, and they are expecting a more westward course later tonight or tomorrow. It's moving much faster than Frances and I think it will not make that NW turn until it's already inland. I don't buy the sharp turn to the north scenario.
Hope that helps; not an expert, just my opinion.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

COgal
Weather Watcher

Loc: Lake County FL
Re: The ubiquitous bonus points... [Re: LI Phil]
      #30572 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:26 PM

Now I will not only be up all night glued to this site for the latest info I will be digging deep inside my brain trying to come up with something "assinine".

Shalafi
Weather Guru

Re: Crow Munching Forecast [Re: MissBecky]
      #30573 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:26 PM

Local 6 has a tracker too: Local 6 Hurricane Tracker
Your link wont work in my setup. I have my computer on tight security and a lot of features don't function.

--------------------
Bryan
God bless
I know very litte about weather. I'm here to learn mostly but will post friendly replies now and then. So if you don't want to see non-weather comments ignore me now. Thanx!

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: Central Florida
Re: CFHC [Re: Wingman51]
      #30574 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:26 PM

Board the whole cotton pickin place up as that would cover all bets and your holiday decorations would just be a little early............could look cool

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: CFHC [Re: Wingman51]
      #30575 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:26 PM

Yeah TOHO is high.. Might be able to go surfing on it depending upon how high the winds get.. The white caps have been wicked this year.. Even seen some alligators body surfing..

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

Shalafi
Weather Guru

Re: Jeanne up close [Re: FireAng85]
      #30576 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:27 PM

wow..that's two close encounters on this board on one night. And it's waay past my bedtime. Night all!

--------------------
Bryan
God bless

MissBecky
Weather Guru

Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
      #30577 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Local 6 has a tracker too: Local 6 Hurricane Tracker
Your link wont work in my setup. I have my computer on tight security and a lot of features don't function.

This is the same one I posted about. I guess our news stations share the same source.

AmateurJohn
Weather Watcher

Loc: Highlands County, FL
Re: The ubiquitous bonus points... [Re: LI Phil]
      #30578 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:30 PM

Phil, can we post our own Bonus Point Questions? If not, how can I recommend one to you?

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Re: CFHC [Re: Unregistered User]
      #30579 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:30 PM

I have not seen the latest model runs but I'm starting to think that Jeanne will go more north than most people are predicting... Javlin might be on to something... its all about the ridge... how strong, and for how long... I posted early today for my first forecast I thought the space coast was a good as target as any, but perhaps more to the north, than to the south like Frances... as many were predicting Ivan early on to hit the Tampa, Purta Gorta area for a second major landing hurricane, this was something that was hard for me to buy into from the getgo, and it never did pan out... and it certainly is possible for Jeanne to produce another very similar track to Frances but I think the probabilities are against is somewhat.... what's the chance that the same ridge location and strength and steering currents will all set up exactly as set up for Frances.... I personally think it will be low.... and tonight I am having trouble buying that repeat event, call it a hunch, or guesscast, or whatever, but I really think the zone of probabilities will shift more to the north over time... I'm not sure if the ridge will be strong enough to shunt Jeanne south of the space coast like what occurred with Frances... at least right now that's my opinion.... I'm due for some crow eating so if it goes south of the space coast (titusville) then crow will be served buffet style at the Frank P household.... but right now.... very close or perhaps just north or so of the florida space coast titusville area

dwlobo
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Palmetto, FL
Re: Oh, yeah, I forgot... [Re: 52255225]
      #30580 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:32 PM

We've been waaayyy lucky so far. I keep telling people that we must be on some scared indian burial ground or somthing. I'm liking the early turn north and then northeast. This is making it a point to defy all the forecasts. Just when they thing they've sortof figured it out, it makes fake to the left then cuts to the right.

COgal
Weather Watcher

Loc: Lake County FL
      #30581 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:33 PM

Speaking of that link you gave for local 6 ;
I signed up for the Premium Weather service they have on that page because it was free for 2 weeks. You can plot your location as well as a few others and when severe weather is approaching your area it will inform you. When my power was out it didn't do any good to have them send me an alert on my computer but it was VERY helpful to have them send me an alert to my cell phone. My specifications for being alerted were if any tornadic activity were approaching my home I wanted to be alerted. I received notificaiton twice and both times hunkered down in the bathtub until it passed. This was especially helpful because I discovered that my radio batteries were completely DEAD (they were brand new) and I had no way of knowing what was happening out there.

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Sebring, FL
Re: Crow Munching Forecast [Re: MissBecky]
      #30582 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:34 PM

Still waiting for State Farm to inspect my roof from Charley damage. First appt. was cancelled due to Frances, second cancelled due to Ivan. Third appt. is scheduled for Saturday. Suppose they'll make it this time? :?:

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

rule
Weather Guru

Loc: Ocala, Florida
      #30583 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:34 PM

I'm beginning to find it hard to believe that Jeanne is going to head pretty much straight West for the next 48 hours... While the ridge is strong, it seems that is asking a lot.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but that seems like a long time to hold a course.

I'm fully prepared. It can come right for me and I'll be ok.

" So, what did you do this weekend?" "Oh, just rode out another hurricane."

dwlobo
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Palmetto, FL
Re: Oh, yeah, I forgot... [Re: dwlobo]
      #30584 - Thu Sep 23 2004 09:34 PM

Boy.... I kant tipe tunite. Sorry for the grammar mistaks.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 57009

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center