F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Bioman
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: Crow Munching Forecast [Re: leetdan]
      #30462 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:13 AM

shalafi your a neighbor i live in Orange City near Blue Springs State Park...which by the way has suspended swimming indefinetely due to the backup of the st johns river Welcome aboard! MBfly how did you fare with Ivan (1st one)?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Central Florida
Jeanne [Re: leetdan]
      #30463 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:15 AM

Jeanne

if you look at this loop, you will notice three things:
first, the hurricane made a shot at a "stadium eye" earlier and now the entire system is beginning to look a little ragged

second, click the forcast points box and note that the hurricane still continues each time to move north of the forecast track

third, note the trough off of Florida (those fast-moving high clouds) and the fact that it is no longer moving west but the hurricane still is--this may be pointing in the direction of movement later on down the line

the WV loop backs this up

Ricreig
User

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Fl
Re: Another One Of My Weird Questions [Re: Colleen A.]
      #30464 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:16 AM

Quote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here (and I'll bring my crow with me) but I think at 11pm we will see an ohsosubtle shift to the west and south and exiting the state near Cedar Key.

I guess the only good thing I can say is that we haven't had a truckload of rain here lately. Anything to be positive, right?

Ok, Colleen, but WHY are you thinking this? The ever so 'consistant' adjustments west most storms have had this year, something you've noticed on satellite or just different interpretation of published facts...or, heaven forbid, womans' intuition Seriously, let us inside your head a bit....

--------------------
Richard
A forecast is NOT a promise!

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: Redbird]
      #30466 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Skeet you do all this for free? Husband also says your site is the best and of course this site is part of it...................you should put a pay pal on your site for donations.

We are always looking at various revenue models and eventually there will be premium services available at Skeetobite Weather, however, our maps will always remain free.

Here's why:
I own a couple of successful internet businesses, which we closed for 4 days when Charley came through. I thought it would be a good idea to go help with relief efforts.

We relocated from Michigan in July. After unloading two semi trailers of water by hand in Lake Wales, we realized we couldn't take the heat and were quickly becoming potential heat casualties for the Polk County EOC to deal with.

So... Skeetobite Weather is our way of contributing.

Skeetobite.com has no ownership or affiliation with flhurricane.com. We distribute our maps here free of charge for the benefit of flhurricane.com's members and guests.

Please make any dontations to cfhurricane.com to cover their recent hardware purchase. I think they are half way to their goal of covering this equipment. PM MikeC for details on how you can contribute to this valuable resource.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #30467 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:22 AM

FYI, Skeetobite has been made an admin here primarily to help out with getting the maps up and the like a bit quicker and hopefully for some development later on.

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #30468 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:22 AM

I have every intention of donating to Mike as soon as possible.............he is great. You do a fab job too! I know you are separate from this board but I credit Mike since it was here I got your weather services.............

Thanks for donating your time to all of us.

mbfly
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: mbfly]
      #30469 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:22 AM

HEY !!! I just noticed that I got "promoted" from Weather Watcher to Weather Hobbiest !! Cool ! Thanks Y'all !

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

Re: Another One Of My Weird Questions [Re: Colleen A.]
      #30470 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:23 AM

That long awaited shift to the west continues to tease us. Between today's 5:00 a.m. update and the 8:00 p.m. uppdate (15 hours) Jeanne moved a total of 56 miles west and 34 miles north... that's WNW for todays movement so far.

AdmittedHacker

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: MikeC]
      #30471 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:24 AM

He certainly is a good candidate for that type of title...........just cleared a lot of mysteries up for me with his detailed maps.

Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged:
      #30472 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:25 AM

my title should be "meteorology student"

i am not sure how they are changed

Shalafi
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Altamonte Springs
Re: Crow Munching Forecast [Re: Bioman]
      #30473 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:26 AM

Yeah that's not far at all! That's my exit to and from I-4. I don't doubt the swimming is closed, the St. Johns is incredibly high and here comes Jeanne. The flooding around our area is what I'm worried about most. Neither Charley or Frances did any damage to us, save a screen on our back porch which was nothing compared to the loss others faced. But they closed Catalina for awhile which really messed up my travel time to work...

--------------------
Bryan
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
God bless
I know very litte about weather. I'm here to learn mostly but will post friendly replies now and then. So if you don't want to see non-weather comments ignore me now. Thanx!

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: Redbird]
      #30474 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:26 AM

I noticed the same thing.....................weather hobbiest..........and that is just a nice thing even though it is not really true........I am more like trying to keep my group at home safe and be able to someday spend more time on hobbies............but this could become a hobby as I am curious as how these systems tick................thanks

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: Rabbit]
      #30475 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:27 AM

The titles are automated (click the FAQ link at the top to see what they are and how many posts you need to get one), unless I (or one of the admins) override it to say something else.

The only time I've done it is for fully qualified meteorologists (Ie Clark, Jason Kelley, etc)

tpratch

Reged:
Loc: Maryland
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: Rabbit]
      #30476 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

my title should be "meteorology student"

i am not sure how they are changed

$10 says post-count and admin whimsy. Probably more of the former than the latter

leetdan
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Osceola County
      #30477 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:27 AM

Yeah, I really don't consider myself more than a hobbYist no matter how many posts I make ;p

And am I mistaken in thinking there's a PayPal link on the page somewhere to donate? I haven't seen one, and wouldn't hesitate to drop some coin to help this great site out...

--------------------
[witty phrase here]

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
      #30478 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:28 AM

Okay works for me....................I still intend to donate.........finances right now are not in the best shape so that is why it has not happened yet. Sorry about that.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: leetdan]
      #30479 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:28 AM

It's on the bottom of the main page. I had it up on top, but thought it was a little much there.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Evening all, [Re: Redbird]
      #30480 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:30 AM

Just got back from "enduring" dinner at an Italian restaurant with my family...

Haven't had a chance to really look at anything yet, but I notice Fort Pierce is now the landfall target.

I made my crow munching forecast without the use of any modeling, just knowing my climatology and some kind of weird sixth sense...

Well, I get back from dinner and holy $h!+, that's right where I predicted...I do not want to be right with this forecast, usually they go the OPPOSITE direction of the calls I make...that's why I'm overweight...too damn much crow!

I wish I had gotten more sleep in the earlier part of the week, cause I'm sure not getting much the next 72 hours and beyond.

Of course, I'm sitting here all safe and sound while many of you are facing Hell for the umpteenth time in 7 weeks. I'd hazard a guess all y'all have had much less sleep than I have.

Must be the season of the witch!

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Jeanne up close [Re: leetdan]
      #30481 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:30 AM

is it me or does Karl look like it is beginning to occlude?

leetdan
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Osceola County
      #30482 - Fri Sep 24 2004 12:32 AM

Done and done, keep up the good work.

--------------------
[witty phrase here]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 56769

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center