F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
Cathy
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Florida Native - Bartow (Polk ...
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: MikeC]
      #32274 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:26 PM

Lost electricity for 8 days, 2 cats, and a few shingles in Charley, Lost trees in Frances. Lost sleep in Ivan.

Have a 5% deductible. . . Waiting for Jeanne!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AdvAutoBob
Weather Watcher

Reged: Wed
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Jeffmidtown]
      #32275 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:26 PM

Correction on my last post.. (wrong WB station selected)

Winds NNW 16, gusts to 37
Baro at 29.52

--------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind"

teddy
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Jeffmidtown]
      #32276 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:26 PM

im in winter springs witch is right neer oviedo and sanford not much here some wind

btw first post been watching this fourm for a long long time jsut never posted

SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Deerfield Beach
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: danielw]
      #32277 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:26 PM

Daniel...
I am here....and OK so far

--------------------
Kathy
26.2N
80.1W

danielwAdministrator

Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL]
      #32278 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:33 PM

HURRICANE LOCAL STATEMENT...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
930 PM EDT SAT SEP 25 2004
...WIND IMPACTS...
BASED ON THE LATEST FORECAST TRACK FOR JEANNE...TROPICAL STORM FORCE GUSTS SHOULD BEGIN AFFECTING THE FAR SOUTHEASTERN FLORIDA BIG BEND AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS TONIGHT...AND THEN SUSTAINED TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS FOR THESE AREAS SHOULD BEGIN AROUND SUNRISE.
SUSTAINED TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS OF AROUND 40 MPH OR MORE WITH HIGHER GUSTS SHOULD THEN PERSIST FOR THE SOUTHEAST BIG BEND AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. INLAND COUNTIES OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA BIG BEND MAY ALSO SEE SUSTAINED TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS BEGINNING LATE SUNDAY MORNING. FOR THIS REASON...AN INLAND TROPICAL STORM WIND WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE INLAND FLORIDA BIG BEND ZONES. AT THIS TIME...TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS ARE NO LONGER EXPECTED TO AFFECT COUNTIES IN SOUTH-CENTRAL GEORGIA.

Edited by danielw (Sat Sep 25 2004 10:38 PM)

clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando, FL
From Melbourne NWS [Re: SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL]
      #32279 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:34 PM

Any idea what Doppler radar velocities translate to at the surface?

SATELLITE AND RADAR INDICATED THAT JEANNE CONTINUES MOVING TOWARDS
ABOUT 285 DEGREES AT 14 MPH. THE EYE REMAINED VERY LARGE AND
DOPPLER RADAR IS NOW STARTING TO INDICATE VELOCITIES OVER 120 KNOTS
IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OUT OVER THE COASTAL WATERS. MAJOR
DAMAGING WINDS ARE LIKELY TO SWEEP ONSHORE DURING THE NEXT SEVERAL
HOURS...STARTING ALONG THE TREASURE COAST AND EVENTUALLY REACHING UP
TO SOUTHERN BREVARD COUNTY. THIS MEANS THAT FURTHER HISTORY WILL BE
MADE IN THIS ALREADY HISTORICAL YEAR FOR FLORIDA...AS INDIAN RIVER
AND PART OF BREVARD COUNTY WILL EXPERIENCE MAJOR HURRICANE
CONDITIONS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 100 YEARS.

Colleen A.

Reged: Sat
Loc: Florida
LI Phil [Re: DroopGB31]
      #32280 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:36 PM

Listen up...for those of you who have just registered and are aggravated with Phil for posting about football, I want to tell you something.

LI Phil has worked his butt off keeping people updated with maps, links, personal thoughts, etc. He did it with Charley, Frances, Ivan, and now Jeanne. He's stayed up countless nights to keep those who are here a majority of the time updated with the latest information he can get.
I live in Central Florida. I am now going through 3 major hurricanes in less than 2 months. I am stressed out, too. But to jump all over Phil because he posted a few things about football is not fair to him. He's more dedicated to this site than anyone I know. For those of us who ARE in the the heart of this storm, a now and then OT post is a welcome diversion.
I would ask any of you that have just begun posting if you would be able to fill Phil's shoes. I think the answer would be NO. He (and others) have taken time to answer your questions, your concerns and have done it with much willingness to help you and others to stay safe. So WHAT if he mentions football? Life DOES go on, people. We all know what we're in store for, we've been talking about it for 4-5 days now, the time is here, what else is there to say? I, for one, am glad to take a break from what will be a hellish night, to post a couple of off-topic posts. We can only say the same thing so many times. You will know shortly what you will get, believe me.
So let's all take a deep breath and slow down. Phil does a fantastic job, and I don't want to lose him because some people don't want to hear about football. Lay off of him, he nailed this storm 3 days ago when people thought that the NHC track was the only one to go by. I think he's done a damn good job for the newbies and maybe you should appreciate what you have in a guy like Phil than complain about him.
And ya know what? If you don't like the off-topic posts..which do not happen frequently when we're going through something like this, you can change the channel and find another place that suits you better.
You might not like this post, but at this point, I don't like the pettiness. You are complaining about him talking about football and then post more posts about him posting about football.
Mike, John, Ed, Storm Coop or anyone else with the power to do so can delete this as an off-topic post, and that's fine. I'm just telling you what I know as a longtime member of this forum that Phil does not deserve to be beat up for a couple of posts about football.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Frances Comparison [Re: Colleen A.]
      #32281 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:38 PM

This is probably going to shoot the table layout, but its' interesting enough
Here's a side by side comparison of Frances vs Jeanne...

Jeanne is stronger for sure, but Frances was a larger storm.

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: LI Phil [Re: Colleen A.]
      #32282 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:40 PM

OUCH Colleen.. Guess you are catching up on your posts.. I evacuated from my house on Lake Toho to a hotel on IDRIVE in Orlando. Since I have substantial damage to my house thanks to Charley and Frances, thought it was prudent. Good luck to you tonight in case you lose electric.

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

Leigh

#32284 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:40 PM

First Post for a long time lurker:

I LOVE Phil!

danielwAdministrator

Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Phil, Colleen, and Frances Comparison [Re: MikeC]
      #32285 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:43 PM

Whoohoo Colleen, you go girl!!
They give you or Phil any problems, send 'em to me. We"ll negotiate.
Hey Mike, I just love the widescreen, and the map comparison too.
You guys rock

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Re: Phil, Colleen, and Frances Comparison [Re: danielw]
      #32286 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:44 PM

I just noticed an exteremly strong cell move through ft pierce and sw into the I95 area west of jupiter. Whoever was in that path probably got nailed horribly.

FlaRebel
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Re: LI Phil [Re: Leigh]
      #32287 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:44 PM

Lay off my bud Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!!!!!!!! With that out of the way, looks like land fall is immenient and well south of NHC track. Doesn't bode well for us in the Big Bend. She is gonna get in the GOM as she makes the turn. Good luck all.

RevUp
Weather Guru

Loc:
Re: Frances Comparison [Re: MikeC]
      #32288 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:45 PM

Well, you're right -- blew the table layout, but well worth it. Great comparison images! Thanks Mike.

cmdebbie
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: teddy]
      #32289 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:45 PM

I am right around the corner in Oviedo. The winds have certainly started picking up some here; although, we do have moments of stillness still.

Good luck to everyone tonight & tomorrow!

Jeffmidtown
Weather Guru

Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Re: LI Phil [Re: Leigh]
      #32290 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:46 PM

Couple of things here...

First things first, LI Phil works his arse off to help keep this board up as well as everyone else on here with information and reassuring words to everyone in the path of a hurricane. So "Lighten Up, Frances" and give everyone a bit of slack during this emergency time.

Second, am I the only one on here that's thinking this or does Geraldo look absolutely stupid in front of that chroma key wall?

And according to MSNBC the mayor of Vero Beach is saying that they could expect winds of 150mph later on tonight and in Sebastian, Fl it's about 80mph sustained and 100mph gusts....

Folks, it's here.....

--------------------
You know it's a bad day.....when you wake up and see Jim Cantore and Geraldo Rivera broadcasting from your backyard....literally!

RevUp
Weather Guru

Loc:
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: cmdebbie]
      #32291 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

I am right around the corner in Oviedo. The winds have certainly started picking up some here; although, we do have moments of stillness still.

Good luck to everyone tonight & tomorrow!

Your observations correlate well with radar. Outer band moving through now. My wife's parents are there at Lutheran Haven - we were there for Charley. What a mess!

--------------------
"Let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

manleyj
Unregistered

GOM? [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32292 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:47 PM

Stupid Newbie question--

What is GOM?

Great help you've all been (esp. Phil)

RONJON
Unregistered

Re: Is NOGAPS the king? [Re: MikeC]
      #32293 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:48 PM

I dunno about the rest of you..but Jeanne sures looks to be following the more southern, west tracking path.. AKA NOGAPS solution...if this storm doesn't veer to the northwest soon, its on a direct path for cigar city.

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
      #32294 - Sat Sep 25 2004 10:48 PM

I could not have said that better myself. Phil has done and is doing one heck of a job. The only thing I can add is to just say Thanks to Phil, Mike, you and all of the regulars....Keep up the good work and the OT's are a nice break during the stress of these storms.

Thanks All,
Milton

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 96983

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center