F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
AdvAutoBob
Weather Watcher

Reged: Wed
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: Punta Gorda/Charlotte County [Re: FelixPuntaGorda]
      #32073 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

If anybody is lurking from Charlotte County, we are projected to be within 90 miles of the center. I'm not sure what that means in terms of wind speed, but I think we're in for another rough time here.

Please stay safe everyone.

Agreed there, stay safe... here in Cape Coral, my barometer is now down to 29.59 inches and still falling (thankfully not rapidly), we've had a couple of squally episodes already since about 4PM. I'm more concerned at this point about my friends in WPB, as one of them just get their power restored about 5 days ago. To all of you in the direct path, our prayers are with you.

--------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32074 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:15 PM

I would have agreed with that assessment this morning, but for whatever reason, Jeanne continues to be an underachiever as it relates to windspeed in correlation with her pressure. I still think she can get to 125mph by landfall, but unless something drastic occurs, she is quickly running out of time to get any stronger. That being said, its going to take some time to spin down from that low pressure, so she may maintain intensity inland a little longer than Frances did.

Conditions in East Orlando, breezy and cloudy. Wind gusts to about 30mph. No rain for the last 2.5 hours.

LI Phil
User

Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
WV Loop from NRL [Re: AdvAutoBob]
      #32075 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:16 PM

WV Loop

Think this says it all, unfortunately...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32076 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:17 PM

Max Mayfield is on Channel 6 right now, said landfall between Fort Pierce and Vero Beach... They are still sticking to their NW turn..

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

KC
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: Naples, FL
Re: Punta Gorda/Charlotte County [Re: FelixPuntaGorda]
      #32077 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

If anybody is lurking from Charlotte County, we are projected to be within 90 miles of the center. I'm not sure what that means in terms of wind speed, but I think we're in for another rough time here.

Felix - sending lots of good wishes and prayers to all in Charlotte County. Stay safe!

Karen

Please stay safe everyone.

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

Re: WV Loop from NRL [Re: LI Phil]
      #32078 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:20 PM

Yep... it does say it all. She looks perfect. Very bad for us all...

AdmittedHacker

(nothing here yet....)

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
I'm Here [Re: tpratch]
      #32079 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:21 PM

Evenin' Everyone. I'm here now. I am at work in East Orange County. I made it safe and sound. After watching the forecast track this morning, my husband and I decided to send him and the kids to Tampa. But, with what you guys are saying about her forward speed and not making the northern turn, I am getting very worried.
Since I am the only one from my shift that has shown up, they have designated me the Station Watch Officer. I can keep you all updated on the current conditions here in East Orange County. We have a big nice new generator and will be online all night. I have to listen to the radio and keep track of my personnel anyway.
Good Luck to everyone in Florida tonight..... I'm thinking about everyone and we will be responding to help as soon as it is safe to do so.

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

collegemom
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Loc: Central Arkansas
MElbourne [Re: FireAng85]
      #32080 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:24 PM

JUst spoke to son at FIT in Melbourne. POwer out. THey went to the beach an hour ago and waves were to whats left of the dunes.

--------------------
character has been defined as what we do when no one is looking

Cape Hazer
Unregistered

Re: Punta Gorda/Charlotte County [Re: AdvAutoBob]
      #32081 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:24 PM

Max wind speed forecast for Charlotte Cty is 20-30 mph with gusts around 50. Maybe a little more tomorrow AM, but nothing like with Charley........ not trying to be pollyanish; just a little hope for everyone in the area.

RickInRockledge
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #32082 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:25 PM

Watching the Melbourne radar loop.. sure looks like it is still maintaining a due West motion.. now only about 60miles east of Stuart FL.

LI Phil
User

This is just ridiculous... [Re: FireAng85]
      #32083 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:26 PM

In case anyone hadn't heard, the Steeler/Phish game has been moved to 8:30 tomorrow.

F---in priorities, man...and the almighty $.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: I'm Here [Re: FireAng85]
      #32084 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:26 PM

Thank you for all that you are willing to do. I am not in your county but near by. I will look for anything you have to offer as long as we have power here. Thanks again.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

FlaRebel
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
GOM?? [Re: Cape Hazer]
      #32085 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:26 PM

How come every damn 12Z model run I've seen has the thing getting in the Gulf? What gives?

Bev
Weather Guru

Loc: Port Charlotte, FL and Abaco, ...
Re: Current Conditions [Re: lilyv]
      #32086 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's unbelieveable that folks in fragile zones would stay after seeing what Frances did and seeing the pictures from P-cola and Hati. I believe it was Harlon Ellison who said "The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." Too bad we can't run cars on the latter.

It's funny that those of you who haven't been through them are the ones criticizing those who have and who now refuse to leave. I was in Arcadia for Charley losing trees, roof, and stepping out into an alien world after it passed. I was in Bradenton for Frances without power for a week, and I fled to Tennessee for Ivan where 4 trees fell right outside the house from the high winds (go figure). My parents' home on Abaco was destroyed, and has just been struck again. I am SICK to death of running from them. My child has missed more school than he can afford. I'm completely out of money from spending thousands more than my normal budget on damage repairs, evacuations, etc.

Charley was a Cat 4 when he passed over my head in Arcadia and it was a complete and total nightmare. So I ran from them after that. But you know what? I'm sick to death of running and can't afford to do it anymore. I am staying right where I am, house boarded up, generator ready, fresh water in good supply. I'm going to pray. And if God wishes to spare me he will do so. If not, then it was meant to be. And I've never been overly religious, but at this point down here we have little left but that.

So before you point fingers at the decisions made by people who have now been through three "nasties", try to consider that they might have litttle choice at this point.

-Bev

>> Hurricane Magnet <<

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: GOM?? [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32087 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:28 PM

The model has a problem with ridges and has a left sided bias. (I hope)

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

LI Phil
User

Re: GOM?? [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32088 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

How come every damn 12Z model run I've seen has the thing getting in the Gulf? What gives?

Here's why:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/nwatl-wv-loop.html

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: I'm Here [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #32089 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:30 PM

It just occurred to me that this is a brand new fire station and they haven't installed our weather station yet. I do however have WeatherBug, so I can go with that for ya.
Right now we have sustained winds about 25 mph, gusting to 30 so far. Ugh.... it's going to be a long night.

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Getting Intense [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32090 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:30 PM

Winds gusting to 52 mph, 1.16" rain, 29.16" and still falling rapidly. Can't believe the power is still on.

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: LI Phil]
      #32091 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:31 PM

Looks like another west wobble...just before landfall? Landfall from Stuart to Vero....eye diameter respectively

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/RAD_HUR/animauto.html

KC
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: Naples, FL
Re: Current Conditions [Re: Bev]
      #32092 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's unbelieveable that folks in fragile zones would stay after seeing what Frances did and seeing the pictures from P-cola and Hati. I believe it was Harlon Ellison who said "The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." Too bad we can't run cars on the latter.

It's funny that those of you who haven't been through them are the ones criticizing those who have and who now refuse to leave. I was in Arcadia for Charley losing trees, roof, and stepping out into an alien world after it passed. I was in Bradenton for Frances without power for a week, and I fled to Tennessee for Ivan where 4 trees fell right outside the house from the high winds (go figure). My parents' home on Abaco was destroyed, and has just been struck again. I am SICK to death of running from them. My child has missed more school than he can afford. I'm completely out of money from spending thousands more than my normal budget on damage repairs, evacuations, etc.

Charley was a Cat 4 when he passed over my head in Arcadia and it was a complete and total nightmare. So I ran from them after that. But you know what? I'm sick to death of running and can't afford to do it anymore. I am staying right where I am, house boarded up, generator ready, fresh water in good supply. I'm going to pray. And if God wishes to spare me he will do so. If not, then it was meant to be. And I've never been overly religious, but at this point down here we have little left but that.

So before you point fingers at the decisions made by people who have now been through three "nasties", try to consider that they might have litttle choice at this point.

-Bev

>> Hurricane Magnet <<

Bev - I hope that you have lost your magnetic charge. This season has required people to make very difficult decisions. My heart goes out to all who have been impacted and you'll stay in my prayers. Please be sure to stop back after the storm and check in.

Karen

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 97035

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center