F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: LI Phil]
      #32133 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:19 AM

***** NFL.COM ***** The Steelers flew in to South Florida on Friday, a day early, because of the hurricane. No info if they are still in Fl or not

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: StormHound]
      #32134 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They first announced it was postponed. If they were so concerned about playing it, why didn't they play it today?

Are the steelers even IN Florida? That could be why they didn't play the game today...

The Steelers came in yesterday, they figured they would play the game when it made sense. Obviously, the weather is worse in Miami today than it will be tomorrow. Should be beautiful weather by kickoff, actually.

Oh, so it's all good then...gee, I guess I shouldn't worry so much...beautiful clear skies at game time...no one will have a care in the world by 8:30. Yay!!!

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: cjzydeco]
      #32135 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Landfall in north Indian River County vs south Indian River County is a difference of less than 30 miles. Big deal if they end up being a little off. This is a hurricane with a 40 mile-wide eye! C'mon folks... Let's watch the nit-picking!

That may be true in the bigger picture but for me it could possibly be the difference between hurricane force or tropical force winds.

RedingtonBeachGuy

Reged:
Loc: St. Cloud, FL
Re: Update [Re: WXMAN RICHIE]
      #32136 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:23 AM

love that backyard weather info online.. really neat.. is it one that can be purchased?

recmod
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: LI Phil]
      #32137 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:24 AM

Not to be disagree-able, but I really don't come to this board to view NFL schedules. I think we here in Central Florida have a bit more important stuff on our minds right now. Please don't think I'm slamming anyone, it's just that I came online after several hours at work to find out the latest and have just read page after page of discussions on whether football teams are in town and why games are delayed.

--Lou

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: SteveieB]
      #32138 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:27 AM

No, I'm on South Alafaya by Stoneybrook

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

sthorne
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Re: Blowin' in the Wind... [Re: cjzydeco]
      #32139 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:27 AM

As it was getting dark in the back yard, all the trees are still up, we are thinking the canal birm is acting as a windbreak, we'll see what's still there in the morning. Looking out front, where the security light across the street is still on, our Frances debris pile has not moved yet, I expect that to change with the back end of Jeanne. Winds are really kicked up, the wind whistling is giving me David flashbacks. He was a little hurricane then, but I rode him out in a trailer in Sebastian when I was 9. Travelled to a shelter during the eye. This probably colors my opinon on evacuations.

Powers about to go.

Edited by sthorne (Sun Sep 26 2004 12:30 AM)

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: recmod]
      #32140 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:28 AM

recmod : Your right, but some of these folks have been through 3-4 of these storms now and should be able to relax for a moment and that shouldn't cause you any distress. These folks are all professionals and dedicated and will get back to giving you your updates.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Cape Hazer
Unregistered

Re: This is just ridiculous... [Re: recmod]
      #32141 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:28 AM

Amen, Lou. Needed to be said and thanks for doing so!

RickInRockledge
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: gailwarning]
      #32142 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:28 AM

Good Point. 30 miles can make a big difference in how the winds hit you!

Rubber Ducky
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Cocoa Beach, FL
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: gailwarning]
      #32143 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:28 AM

2000 SitRep Cocoa Beach 1/2 miles from the beach: 40 MPH top winds (for last 3 hours - was 30/35 top speed for 5 hours before). Wind due north. Glass at 997 mb. No rain.

Am collecting date on wireless Davis wx station that I remounted this PM, it having snapped off during Frances. Luv solid-state electronics - 30' fall to ground broke the rain bucket, but otherwise still works.

carol_melbourne
Unregistered

Re: Blowin' in the Wind... [Re: sthorne]
      #32144 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:33 AM

Power is stable here so far. The trees have hardly any leaves on them, courtesy of Frances, so they're starting out with an aerodynamic advantage this time. The wind hasn't picked up to the "vibrate the house" level yet. Give it a few hours ...

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Rubber Ducky]
      #32145 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:34 AM

Quote:

2000 SitRep Cocoa Beach 1/2 miles from the beach: 40 MPH top winds (for last 3 hours - was 30/35 top speed for 5 hours before). Wind due north. Glass at 997 mb. No rain.

Thank you for the info! House in Satellite Beach just down the road from you. Channel 2 mentioned a possible tornado in Cocoa Beach an hour or so ago. Any sign or news of that?

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Sorry Lou [Re: Rubber Ducky]
      #32146 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:35 AM

Imagine what it's like having to read 300 posts in the morning before and sometime during work to make sure something that shouldn't be posted wasn't...I can empathize, especially now.

Things tend to snowball during the stressful times...I couldn't edit them fast enough anyway.

I've tried to throw up as much relevant info as I can, sat & wv loops, if someone needs a storm surge map, or something, I do my best.

When there are 600 people on line or more at one time, stuff that is not relevant is going to get through...

I agree with you about relevance and I hope we all try to keep it strictly on the weather from now on.

Thanks for your understanding.

--A New York Yankee in King Florida's Court

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

SteveieB
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Oviedo, Florida
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: FireAng85]
      #32147 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:35 AM

Angie,
Thanks for the reply. My folks live off of Chickasaw, south of Curry Ford. Would have been interesting to hear from you what is going in that area.

collegemom
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Central Arkansas
MLB [Re: carol_melbourne]
      #32148 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:36 AM

CArol what part of Melbourne you in?

--------------------
character has been defined as what we do when no one is looking

AdvAutoBob
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: Sorry Lou [Re: LI Phil]
      #32149 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:42 AM

FYI baro is now at 29.55 and still falling, fell 3 points in the last 20 minutes

--------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind"

Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
Re: Sorry Lou [Re: LI Phil]
      #32150 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:43 AM

local mets here are finally saying no turn happening. expected to have max mayfield on soon to explain. there may not be one! everyone in the Tampa Bay area needs to observe closely.

sthorne
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Re: Blowin' in the Wind... [Re: carol_melbourne]
      #32151 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:43 AM

Our big old oaks in the back yard were just starting to get new leaf buds. Will see if they are there in the morning.

Liz L.
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Florida
Re: Sorry Lou [Re: AdvAutoBob]
      #32152 - Sun Sep 26 2004 12:43 AM

very windy with sudden gusts here in st cloud. boarded up and got the tv loud so i dont have to hear the wind whistle

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 96542

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center