F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Comedy Shop

Pages: 1
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
I know you've all heard this before, but...
      #33922 - Wed Oct 13 2004 01:40 AM

Would this really be me if I move down to Florida?

"A Yankee's Diary
April 30th

Florida is fantastic! Just got here and love it already. Now this is a state that knows how to live! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

May 14th

Really heating up. got to 89 today. Not a problem, live in an air conditioned home, drive an air conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshiper.

June 5th

Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. No more shoveling snow either!. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 1st

The temperature hasn't been below 90 all week, not even at night. Where are those ocean breezes we heard about, still seems hot. Getting used to it will take a while, I guess. I sure miss my LP* collection, though. I'll have to remember not to leave anything made out of plastic in my car. Got one of those fuzzy steering wheel covers. Cheaper than the burn ointment for my hands. I always wondered what burnt flesh smelled like.

July 15th

Fell asleep by the pool. (got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though, got to respect the old sun in a climate like this.

July 20th

I miss our cat, Tabby. He snuck into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, he'd swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and just as I opened the door he exploded all over 2,000 dollars worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids he ran away. The car now smells like kibbles and poop. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th

Ocean breezes my ass!!! Hot is hot!!! The home air conditioned is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged me 200 dollars just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. Only hope for a break in the heat would be a hurricane.

July 30th

Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Swatting the swamp mosquitoes that are as big as B-52's. 1500 dollars in darn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

August 4th

100 degrees. Finally got the air conditioner fixed today. It cost 500 dollars and gets the temperature down to about 90. The electric bill is almost as much as the house payment and two old lady drivers almost ran me off the road. I hate this state.

August 8th

If another jerk cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his head off. Damn heat. by the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield!!

August 10th

The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot for the two @%*& months and the weather man says it might really heat up next week. And who came up the statement "it may be hot, but at least you don't have to shovel it" should die from heat exhaustion. Doesn't it ever rain I hate this God forsaken place?

Welcome to Hell!! Temperature got to 102 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the 1,500 dollar house payment to bail me out of jail.

August 30th

Worst day of the summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell and drove the damned roaches out of the ground. I wasn't aware they could fly! The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in the Caribbean. That does it, we're moving back to New York where all you have to worry about is getting mugged. I hope this state breaks in half and floats down to Cuba!!! "

*LP is short for "Long Playing" and refers to "records"; (this is for the younguns only), these were black vinyl discs about the size of a frizbee and which, when placed on a "turntable", played music. And before they were even made of vinyl, they were actually made out of some form of polymer akin to plastic...rent "It's a Wonderful Life" some time...when Mary (Bailey) smashes the round black thing which played "Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight", that's a "record".

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
Re: I know you've all heard this before, but... [Re: LI Phil]
      #33926 - Wed Oct 13 2004 02:50 AM

Ive never heard this before but its absolutely hysterical! I cant wait to go to work tomorrow and show it to my assoc from Scranton Pa, it sounds like he wrote it! He will get a real kick out of it. Thanks!!! p.s Im a Fl native and feel the same way sometimes. Too many ties here and too young to retire but have property in western North Carolina in the mtns. Thats where I would love to be sometime in the near future.

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
      #33927 - Wed Oct 13 2004 10:57 AM

Nowadays I don't even use the old el compacto disco, have an MP3 player and it holds 2,000 songs. Things have changed, haven't they!

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: I know you've all heard this before, but... [Re: Keith234]
      #33937 - Wed Oct 13 2004 07:17 PM

>>> disco

the only thing to come out of the '70s that was worse was the Bee Gees.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #33938 - Wed Oct 13 2004 07:55 PM

LI phil,

I think you mixed up something, el compacto disco is a term meaning CD in spanish. What are the Bee Gee's?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #33940 - Wed Oct 13 2004 08:10 PM

Keith. ..no, yo mezclaba no las cosas arriba. ..even con mi conocimiento limitado del espaƱol. El "disco" era casi lo peor del 70s. El "BeeGees" era el peor.

How three grown men who wear white jump suits and sing like women ever made it is beyond me...the Brothers Gibb. The brothers lame is more like it.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #33943 - Wed Oct 13 2004 08:27 PM

Pretty good spainish there, I'm not going to start speaking in spainish, I'm okay at it but it's not perfect. Anyway, you'd be surprised how many people like men singing like women wearing white jump suits, sisco anyone (not the stock) or is that not a good example, no?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

James88
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
      #33965 - Thu Oct 14 2004 09:12 PM

Some people make a good living that way...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5028

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center