F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Are You Ready For Some Football?
      #34165 - Sat Oct 30 2004 07:23 PM

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Are You Ready For Some Football? [Re: LI Phil]
      #34166 - Sat Oct 30 2004 07:24 PM

GWB has more experience, he was a Cheerleader!

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
This one is for [Re: Keith234]
      #34167 - Sat Oct 30 2004 10:44 PM

The Gipper!

For bonus points: Who said this:

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job.

Hint...the speaker of the above quote also said this:

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: This one is for [Re: LI Phil]
      #34168 - Sat Oct 30 2004 11:19 PM

Winston Churchill no doubt!

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: This one is for [Re: Keith234]
      #34169 - Sat Oct 30 2004 11:28 PM

Bonus points awarded.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: This one is for [Re: LI Phil]
      #34170 - Sun Oct 31 2004 12:05 AM

At first I thought it was JFK but then I remebered good ol Winston. BTW, that's a good viedo.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: This one is for [Re: Keith234]
      #34171 - Sun Oct 31 2004 12:25 AM

At first I thought it was JFK

John F. Kerry?

BTW, this is how a real man throws a ball (my ONLY favorite Red Sock):

Not like this:

Which always ends up like this:

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

LI Phil
User

Reged:
More Bonus Points... [Re: LI Phil]
      #34172 - Sun Oct 31 2004 12:36 AM

Who said this:

"Good evening. Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world. Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

"That is why, on the unanimous recommendation of my national security team -- including the vice president, the secretary of defense, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, the secretary of state and the national security adviser -- I have ordered a strong, sustained series of air strikes against Iraq. They are designed to degrade Saddam's capacity to develop and deliver weapons of mass destruction, and to degrade his ability to threaten his neighbors.

"Bringing change in Baghdad will take time and effort. We will strengthen our engagement with the full range of Iraqi opposition forces and work with them effectively and prudently. The decision to use force is never cost-free. Whenever American forces are placed in harm's way, we risk the loss of life. And while our strikes are focused on Iraq's military capabilities, there will be unintended Iraqi casualties. Indeed, in the past, Saddam has intentionally placed Iraqi civilians in harm's way in a cynical bid to sway international opinion.

"If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people. And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them. Because we're acting today, it is less likely that we will face these dangers in the future."

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: More Bonus Points... [Re: LI Phil]
      #34173 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:00 AM

Colin Powell, I think Kennedy:JFK

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

Edited by Keith234 (Sun Oct 31 2004 01:00 AM)

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: More Bonus Points... [Re: Keith234]
      #34174 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:03 AM

It was NOT Colin Powell, though that is a pretty good guess. No bonus points for this round...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34175 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:09 AM

Oh wait just one more guess Clinton?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #34176 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:17 AM

That is correct...no bonus points awarded, as you only get one shot at the apple.

Those several paragraphs and more were spoken by President William Jefferson Clinton on December 16, 1998, in an address to the nation...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34177 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:23 AM

Oh well, it's always good to now stuff like that...I knew it had to be Clinton or Powell and no Bush because the word Mass destruction was not included in the speech!

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #34178 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Oh well, it's always good to now stuff like that...I knew it had to be Clinton or Powell and no Bush because the word Mass destruction was not included in the speech!

>>> They are designed to degrade Saddam's capacity to develop and deliver weapons of mass destruction, and to degrade his ability to threaten his neighbors.

Last sentence, paragraph 2.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34179 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:35 AM

Whoops but you have to admit he does throw that word around quite a bit! I'm a democrat, and don't want to see any type of involvment in Iraq whatsoever anymore. Enough is enough, we looked for the weapons and we couldn't find them. I heard that the "weapons" were sent into Siberia...what do you think?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #34180 - Sun Oct 31 2004 02:09 AM

You know Bush is NOT going to reinstate the draft...the military does not want it...you have nothing to fear if Bush is re-elected.

This cliche has been uttered more times than needed, but it still holds: "If we do not learn from history, we are destined to repeat it."

Where are the socalled WMD? I don't know...but I do know that war is a last resort...Clinton & Bush both know (knew) that. No one wants troops in Iraq "for the heck of it."

These brave men and women, including a few on this website (not in Iraq, but in the military in other theatres), dedicate themselves so people like you and me have the right to say whatever we feel is right. Eventually, we will liberate Iraq...re-read those quotes from Churchill & Clinton...freedom isn't free...it comes at a price.

Perhaps if our previous President had acted a tad more forcefully (he sure talked a good game), many of my neighbors, friends and a relative, as well as more than 3,000 in the Towers, the Pentagon & in the skies over Pennsylvania would still be alive today...it's great to be a democrat...I have several friends who are...so it's not about party label.

If Kerry wins I will support him 100%; he will be our commander in chief and our President...and if he wins, I would hope he will continue the war on terror that was brought upon us in 1979...with the taking of the American Hostages in Iran.

The United States CANNOT allow history to repeat itself!

Otherwise all of europe would be speaking German today and the state of Israel would not exist (and I'm not jewish).

Courageous leaders like FDR & HST (both democrats) weren't afraid to let the rest of the world know that democracy kicks ass and that freedom isn't free...

Truman NEVER once regretted dropping not one, but two, atomic bombs on Japan, so long as it ensured unconditional surrender.

You want the troops out of Iraq? Then you better make DAMN sure there's no more reason for them to be there...

I'm watching the news as we speak, and Al Queda just decapitated a Japanese 24 year old student...it's all related and it's truly as the current president stated some time ago:

"You're either with us or you're with the terrorists."

Lets Roll...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34185 - Sun Oct 31 2004 12:18 PM

I know that we are all upset from the attacks from terroists, but sometimes people have to realize the line between being offensize and defensive. I am not afraid of any form of draft if that may be what you think, I just don't think it is necessary. You don't always have to drop an atomic bomb on someone to kill the threat for that matter, it's much more athenian like (be strategic). Take this for example; the Spartans trained day and night and waited for war against Athens, while the Athenians trained mentally and less physically. When the war came the Athenian's one, because the Spartans got trapped in the wrong position. I'm not saying Republicans are going to die, I just don't want it to be another Vietnam. That's why I don't want Bush anymore, I want someone more passive-aggressive. Just my thoughts

Yeah, right
Unregistered

#34186 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:14 PM

Passive Aggressive.

That's a pretty shallow and short sighted view. Patiently waiting to be attacked and then becoming aggressive and fighting back is exactly what cost over 3,000 Americans their lives on September 11, 2001.

In todays world, pre-emptive strikes allow the Commander in Chief to take the battle to the enemy rather than fight them on our own shores. President Bush made an interesting comment about a "gathering threat". A gathering threat is when you are off in the distance watching your enemy train day and night, preparing to do harm to your people.

The question is a simple one. Do you want to fight the enemy over there, or do you want to fight them here, in your schools, downtown parks and plazas and small coffee shops like they do in Isreal. Do you want terrorists to gain a foothold that allows them to take over a school like in Russia? No, I say the best thing to do is to take the fight to them on their own SOIl (or someone elses), hunt everyone of them down and kill them unmercifully (no bonus points for style).

The fact that so many terrorists are going into Iraq to fight the U.S. military is a good one. Kerry and his liberal morons claim that we are now less safe because of the terrorists entering Iraq. This is complete and utter crap. The U.S. has defined the battle field and has drawn these people out to fight on foreign SOIl rather than fight them here. Any conclusion to the contrary is wrong headed and foolish.

So... you can take your ignorance to the next level by disagreeing with simple truth or take the straight path to common sense.

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: More Bonus Points... [Re: Yeah, right]
      #34187 - Sun Oct 31 2004 01:54 PM

I guess I'm taking it to the next level...and I'm not trying to preach my political status and I"m not saying it's wrong to be a republican, got it. You don't go around calling people morons because they have a some thoughts that you disagree with, that is the worst thing to do. "A nation divided cannot stand", and if people start taking their beliefs to the radical level it will be worse then if terrorists invaded America. Presidents have the same goal, to PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE neither Kerry, Bush, Bush or Kerry want any Americans to die for any un-necessary reason. Bush didn’t even admit to his fault, imagine if John F. Kennedy didn’t admit he didn’t do anything wrong in the Bay of Pigs, it would have been a disaster. If you are going to insult, then please don't post, I don't need it.

Yeah, right
Unregistered

Hmmm... [Re: Keith234]
      #34188 - Sun Oct 31 2004 02:39 PM

See, even in your reply you don't answer the valid points and simple truths stated in my prior post. This is common among the uninformed, regardless of party affiliation.

I'm not calling YOU a moron, but if the shoe fits, only you would know. I meant no offense and appreciate the exchange. Just wanted to bring sharp focus to those who mislead America with half truths and full lies. I could have called them “liars”, but chose “morons” instead. In election years, folks often fail to remove the rhetoric from the undeniable facts.

Let's pretend you are all grown up and married. A van full of men stop on the street and grab your wife. Would you say, "fellas, when your done with her, just drop her off at the address you will find on her Driver's License" or do you react violently? Being passive has no measure of degree, but the opposite is true of swift and forceful action. When those you love or those you are sworn to protect are in danger, I for one expect a disproportional and violent reaction to immediately render any threat neutral. Since all Americans are my family, this view applies broadly.

I'm not advocating for Republicans or Democrats. Just speaking the truth. My vote is for the man that has demonstrated a willingness to keep my family safe. Period. One man has done that and the other has over 20 years experience in diminishing our ability to protect our citizens. Another simple truth that is in the public record for all to see. I expect, however, that someone will give a reason for every single one of the 800+ votes cast by this man to reduce our military and intelligence services over the course of his ultra liberal career.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19157

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center