F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Still in Iraq [Re: Unregistered User]
      #34220 - Mon Nov 01 2004 12:45 AM

Very defensive once again, you act like I'm insulting your child. I think you need to wake up, if you look at how many posts Bashing Kerry then would see. Look at all the videos made against him, pictures, and little catch phrases, there's even a website to bash kerry. If you don't see that you're blind. Again with the moron remark, I'm tired of it, and I don't want to talk to people that shut me out. So got it, lay off and go about you work!

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Still in Iraq [Re: Keith234]
      #34221 - Mon Nov 01 2004 12:47 AM

>>> there's even a website to bash kerry.

Jason/Keith,

There are about four hundred websites bashing Kerry. And they didn't crop up just for the hell of it.

You are always most welcome to post with any comments on this board...but if you want to play with the big boys, then you need to be prepared for unconditional surrender...

Skeet will appreciate this: "It's my will against yours...an you WILL LOSE"

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Still in Iraq [Re: LI Phil]
      #34222 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:04 AM

I don't mind posting , but if my idea's are shot down faster then if GWB flew a plane, then what's the point. I need some backup...

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Still in Iraq [Re: Keith234]
      #34223 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:13 AM

Who? This guy?:

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Yeah, right
Unregistered

The beauty of truth [Re: Keith234]
      #34224 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:17 AM

The beauty of truth is that it can stand by itself. It doesn't need a cosigner. Nothing else is required. Lies need to be supported by more lies, or ever increasing chatter and further deception.

Some things are true, whether you believe them or not.

Once again, I was speaking in general terms. Not calling YOU a moron. I was speaking to the unwashed and uninformed who constantly spew accusations without specific facts or proof. You can't make general comments and expect to be taken seriously. It is you who keeps lumping yourself in with the crowd I'm talking about, and then you get mad at me. Come see me during recess and we'll sort this out.

I will defend the truth. If that makes me defensive... well, ok. No problem.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: The beauty of truth [Re: Yeah, right]
      #34225 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:23 AM

>>> Come see me during recess and we'll sort this out.

My daddy can beat up your daddy!!!!

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Yeah, right
Unregistered

Re: The beauty of truth [Re: LI Phil]
      #34226 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:21 AM

Doubtful. Mines a former U.S. Marine Drill instructor who can still crack walnuts with his ass cheeks.

Storm Cooper
User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: Still in Iraq [Re: Yeah, right]
      #34227 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:27 AM

Well well, Yeah, right....you did a great job on that post! Some things I have to walk away from, my words won't come out right....so Thanks. LI Phil... on the money also...again! Keith... it is a free country and your opinion is fine...it just seems most are with another camp so I'm not sure about any "back up".... that is all it is.

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34228 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:29 AM

I'm taking it personally because no one else is posting that is a democrat...you keep on anwsering with the word moron included in the post. Let's end it here, okay.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: The beauty of truth [Re: Keith234]
      #34229 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:38 AM

>>>> no one else is posting that is a democrat...

sKerry is talll...think about it!!!

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Yeah, right
Unregistered

#34230 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:38 AM

Quote:

I'm taking it personally because no one else is posting that is a democrat...you keep on anwsering with the word moron included in the post. Let's end it here, okay.

Ok, I won't use that word anymore. I think your opinions are valuable. To you, and obviously tons of other people. I just happen to disagree with many of your thoughts and conclusions.

What makes America so strong is our diversity and our willingness to go to the mat to sort out our differences.
Serious dialogue requires serious people. If you have something specific to discuss or debate, many here will take you up. You'll find that when you drop the generalities and speak to the facts, EVERYONE will listen to you and offer meaningful debate. This is a good thing to bear in mind as you go through your life and start shaving, etc. You may be outnumbered in this small arena, but it is obvious thay you are in agreement with just less than half the people in our country... and that is what makes us strong and why we like guys like you.

If two people always agreed, one of them would be unnecessary.

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Sebring, FL
Re: The beauty of truth [Re: LI Phil]
      #34231 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:42 AM

Seems to me that Bush supporters see no wrong in him, and opposers can see very little right with him. I figure that at this point nobody's opinions are going to change and that is OK, we'll have to wait and see how it all turns out. I do have a question or two for you all. The President mentioned that in retrospect of things that he has made no mistakes. Do you agree? Doesn't everyone make mistakes? Also, do any of you question the relationship between the Bush's and the Saudi's? None of us have all the facts about that, but surely it makes you wonder? Would be glad to see some tropical activity out there, as I definitiely enjoy that conversation better.

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #34232 - Mon Nov 01 2004 01:52 AM

I'll do some research on the topic's I want, but let's what till Tuesday to discuss. I got off from work, and such things, and that day will be better. Heather, don't be scared to post anything we will all accept it but if you don't want to you you don't have to, okay?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Sebring, FL
      #34233 - Mon Nov 01 2004 02:06 AM

I'm not afraid to post, just know that these debates can't be "won". Most of the issues get very heated, for example Iraq, etc. I don't have the energy for all of that. I know that things really aren't the way they should or could be. Take health insurance-everyone should have it. My family is one of the many that doesn't. I can't afford the $1,400 a month that it would cost me. Sad thing is my husband and I are both nurses for Pete's sake-that just doesn't make any sense.

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Healthcare [Re: Heather]
      #34240 - Mon Nov 01 2004 09:31 PM

As a small business owner I can say without reservation that the cost of healthcare is out of control. I don't believe we should have a social health system, but we really need some creative solutions brought to the center isle and discussed.

A couple of years ago I had to make a decision; provide healthcare or reinvest the capital in the business for future growth. Fortunately, the tax cut we received allowed us to do both for the past two years. Now everyone has healthcare and our business has doubled in size.

That's a great story, BUT neither party has done much to make sure healthcare is available to all Americans. It's incredibly unfair to blame GWB (4 years in D.C.) for this when it has been a problem all my life. Seems Kerry (20+ years in D.C.) has been in Washington longer, along with Kennedy (30+ years in D.C.), and has had time to address this issue. It's a sad day in politics when the only time a seasoned politician focuses on what we need most is when he or she is pointing out what is wrong and then pointing out who to blame it on. Tsk... Tsk.

While we're at it, how is it even possible for one man and his Administration to destroy the U.S. economy in just 4 years. A cursory review of the past 4 years reveals corporate scandal (clearly GWB's fault), the attack on 9/11 (let's blame that on him too!), a shallow recession was already underway when GWB took office, (but let's hang that around his neck also). Not possible. The President doesn't create jobs. Neither does Congress. These two branches of our government are charged with creating and protecting an environment in which free markets of commerce can thrive and you and I can find gainful employment. I'm not an apologist for the mistakes of this Administration and yes President Bush has angered me at times, but to blame the sitting president for your lot in life seems unfair and uninformed.

Clearly there are countless real issues for the Democrats to go after a sitting Republican President on. Why push such opaque and nebulous issues?

I look forward to meaningful debate and opposing viewpoints.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Healthcare [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #34242 - Mon Nov 01 2004 09:41 PM

I too, am angered for the cost of healthcare, but at least some of the blame can squarely placed on the shoulders of Trial Lawyer's like John Edwards and his lot. Frivilous lawsuits have been driving up the cost of insurance like mad...and are prehaps the single biggest factor in the increase in health insurance...

Hillary Clinton attempted to shove universal health care down the American people's throats and her actions in 1994 cost her party it's control of congress...

Want to know why there's a flu vaccine shortage??? US pharmaceutical company's won't make the stuff anymore...they're afraid of class action lawsuits!!!

You want cheaper healthcare...support tort reform!

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Healthcare [Re: LI Phil]
      #34245 - Mon Nov 01 2004 09:57 PM

I have too many times been angered with GWB's choices but I don't feel he wasn't a good president. " With power comes responsibility"and if GWB has power then he should have responsibility over mistakes made. I do agree with you on the Lawyer issue, much of the area is corrupted with scandal and fraud but I don't feel that is affecting the dispersion of Flu shots. The reason why lawyers nowadays are corrupted is mainly because of dinero. They could care less about helping people ;at least some of them, all they want is money. I feel we have made a little error in that area of the justice department, and should be changed. Something like this would work but I’m sure it would be full of holes. The amount of money given to the lawyer should depend on the level of court not how much money the victim can throw at you. Just a thought...

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Healthcare [Re: Keith234]
      #34246 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

if GWB has power then he should have responsibility over mistakes made....

Specifically?
Quote:

I feel we have made a little error in that area of the justice department, and should be changed. Something like this would work but I’m sure it would be full of holes. The amount of money given to the lawyer should depend on the level of court not how much money the victim can throw at you. Just a thought...

Florida has a Proposal to limit the amount trial lawyers can receive. Too long to go into great detail here, but if this passes, it will be a good day for consumers in Florida.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Healthcare [Re: Keith234]
      #34247 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:10 PM

What you are describing is a form of tort reform...there are many ways to achieve this, including, but not limited to:

If a lawsuit is deemed frivilous, the party bringing about the suit must pay the costs of the defendant.

Limit (or cap) awards juries can award and/or permit the judge to reduce (or raise) awards.

Limit (or cap) awards period.

Limit the contingency fee for the plaintiff's lawyer. Most lawyers will take your case "for free" and if they/you win, they take 33% of your settlement. Force the limit to be a mere 5%, and you'll get rid of half the lawsuits in a heartbeat.

Restrict industry-breaking class action suit settlements. Crippling an industry, even for horrible wrongs, does not promote growth and costs everyone more down the road.

Again, these are just a few examples of tort reform. They'll never pass Congress though...why? Most legislators are also lawyers! Where else can you write the laws that you also play by! Great work if you can get it.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Healthcare [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #34251 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:23 PM

Well to be specific let's go with the obvious the whole Iraq thing, it will which will scar us for some time and not living up to what was expected of him, to sum it. He was mediocre he wasn't amazing and he wasn't horrible. Many felt that he had a road to presidency that was much easier the others, being the son of a president; it really helps with becoming a president if you haven't realized. Before he was elected I had a bad feeling that he would get involved in the whole middle east thing, he did, and you would think he wouldn't fall into the same trap his father did. But hid did, and there’s nothing to do about it but to wait, and care for it until it heals.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19158

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center