F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 212 (Idalia) , Major: 212 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 212 (Idalia) Major: 212 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged: Thu
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Initial Outlook for 2005 [Re: JustMe]
      #34923 - Tue Feb 22 2005 05:13 PM

When you think about, what could be some differences from last year that could have affected hurricane activity and landfall? I remember last year we had a relatively dry May- which would be conducive to a similar placement of Upper air features. The ENSO is fickle-but by the looks of things seems to be going neutral. Also factor in the cycle we're in, the time period from the late 40's and 50's and it seems like a active season has over a 50% chance of happening.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
twisted-weather

Reged: Tue
Loc: MI
Re: early trend? [Re: HanKFranK]
      #34979 - Tue Mar 15 2005 09:13 PM

Hello all. My NAM is Harry and i have used the handle KingOfWeather and Wxman70@ the wwbb which a few here i see should know already.

I will be issuing my Outlook for the season in a couple of weeks on my site which i encourage all to check out. I go by Harry_KOW on there. It's very detailed and as well has a very good proven track record as well.

In short right now i expect another active season and like the originator of this thread stated i am as well heavly favoring the western GOM states from about LA westward. Anyways alot more to be added soon.

Great board/site here. I look forward to discussing the systems with all here!

--------------------
New Source for wx updates/discussions.
Check in for my 2005 Tropical outlook!

twisted-weather.com

Beaujolais
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Thu
Loc: Kenner, LA but displaced in VA...
Re: early trend? [Re: twisted-weather]
      #34980 - Wed Mar 16 2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Hello all. My NAM is Harry and i have used the handle KingOfWeather and Wxman70@ the wwbb which a few here i see should know already.

I will be issuing my Outlook for the season in a couple of weeks on my site which i encourage all to check out. I go by Harry_KOW on there. It's very detailed and as well has a very good proven track record as well.

In short right now i expect another active season and like the originator of this thread stated i am as well heavly favoring the western GOM states from about LA westward. Anyways alot more to be added soon.

Great board/site here. I look forward to discussing the systems with all here!

Please keep us informed as you go along. I live like 10-15 minutes away from the beautiful city of New Orleans. Cause any Cane that hits us from the South is bad and if a Cane hits to our West, depending on size and strength, we would naturally be on the East side of the Cane, which we all know is the "WET" side of it!! Like I said before please keep us informed and please advise. Thank You so very kindly in advance.

--------------------
Displaced Cajun

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: Initial Outlook for 2005 [Re: Keith234]
      #34991 - Thu Mar 17 2005 07:36 PM

Add me in 11/7/2

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: early trend? [Re: HanKFranK]
      #34996 - Sat Mar 19 2005 05:01 PM

We in central Florida should watch the so called" Bermuda High" this summer. If it shifts more to the west we might be in for some trouble. I pray that it shifts more to the east. The space coast doesn`t need another summer like 2004...I`ve been using U M Weather web site for the last five years and I`m happy to have a site to go to that is from my local. Thanks for letting me join....B.C.F.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19202

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center