F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 230 (Idalia) , Major: 230 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 230 (Idalia) Major: 230 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged: Sun
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Prototype Model maps [Re: mysticalmooons]
      #36432 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:01 AM

The following are prototype model track maps based on the latest model data (as detailed in each image)

Enjoy.

Track map

Full size

County zoom

Full size

Model Initialization points

Full size

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mysticalmooons
Weather Watcher

Reged: Tue
Loc: rockledge, fl
Re: Hype Machine At Full Speed [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #36433 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:01 AM

I have tried to install jave during install i get error massage.

Tried manual install, whith no resolve as it says I already have java 5.0 update 2

No java in browser or in control panel. I dont know what else to do

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
Loc:
Re: Hype Machine At Full Speed [Re: mysticalmooons]
      #36434 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:09 AM

mysticalmooons -- with the current convective structure, there is always the possibility of the center reforming nearer to the deep convection as/if/when the storm attempts to become better organized. That is actually common with many weak and/or sheared storms and is often seen when there is a broad area of low pressure, such as with TD 1. However, as of yet there isn't much indication of this happening: low-level center still appears to be on the west side of the system. But, the current organization to the bands & somewhat natural tendency for storms to try to become better organized hints that unless we see some development near the center soon, we could well see this occur with TD 1 as well.

Aside: convection on the west side of the storm died off several hours ago (first indicated by an outflow boundary being ejected towards the west from the complex, followed by the collapse of the convection). This hints that we might not see a lot of convective development near the current center for the time being, due to a somewhat stabilized environment. Given some time, though, maybe 6-12h more, the environment should have sufficiently recovered for new convective development to occur.

Ultimate impact of a reformation towards the east, with regards to track: probably would result in the storm ending up a bit more to the east at landfall, but probably not dramatically so. Things have the tendency to even out with time, despite the inability of the models to capture all of the inner processes tropical cyclones go through, as the overall flow regime at mid & upper levels should be more or less the same given a 1-2 deg jump to the east. Ultimately though, the main changes come to the track & intensity over the first day -- more to the east and stronger due to better organization, respectively.

Hope this helps answer things. We'll know a lot more in 12-18hr as to what this storm is going to do...especially once the big jets get out there to sample the storm & its environment.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Loc: Tampa
      #36435 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:19 AM

I would remove and reinstall www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

mysticalmooons
Weather Watcher

Re: Hype Machine At Full Speed [Re: Clark]
      #36436 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:21 AM

Thank you clark, That helped somewhat, lol

I am 24 and cook on cocoa beach, and dont know what the hell u were talking about , BUT I did grasp the understanding. So essentally then a waiting game, lol

But I do think it will move more eastern if not by much a little. ( just to hope to be right, lol)

Anyways hope everyone is having fun. I am always interested in the weather and hope to learn more

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
reformation [Re: Clark]
      #36438 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:23 AM

thats the caveat.. a new center in the better environment to the east is the pathway to a much stronger storm. all of that mid-level dry air got in the center today and nixed the tightening/organization process.. the convective bands to the east keeping the inflow forcing on outer bands exacerbated the situation. there's still lots of that 'robber convection' as i call it away to the east, and streaming northwest along the depression's edge in the easterly flow. if the center were to jump over into that we'd have a hurricane in 36 hrs.. probably won't though.
do think it will get to tropical storm tomorrow.. figured on slow, but it's actually going a bit slower than i'd reckoned.
HF 0621z09june

Clark
Meteorologist

Loc:
      #36439 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:24 AM

mysticmooons -- sorry, my mistake. I sometimes still need work on better explaining things; within the education I'm getting, we don't do that a lot and mainly end up just talking amongst ourselves about something, which is usually pretty technical. Essentially though, it could have an impact, but not a great one in the long run. That's not always the case, as we saw with minor deviations during the 2004 hurricane season, but I think is more or less the case with TD 1.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Droop31
Weather Watcher

Loc: Pensacola
Re: reformation [Re: HanKFranK]
      #36440 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:29 AM

I agree with you both Clark and Hank, I've realized that depressions usually wait around until they enter more favorable atomospheric condtions then start to organize. The ones that dont encounter better conditions fall apart. Anyways Hank, what are your thoughts on future track and intensity? Care to give it a shot. Most models have been in an agreement that the area from SE LA too about Destin, FL are the most likely points. Im sticking close to the NHC track, what about you?

mysticalmooons
Weather Watcher

Re: Hype Machine At Full Speed [Re: Clark]
      #36441 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:29 AM

Thats ok, Hell the more technical the more I like it. Besides look at all the terms and explainations I am learning by it and others. ll take things I dont know and look them upo so I can understand them more. LOL

Besides no one ever said weather was easy so I dont think the teaching should be easy. Teach on ,lol

vvvteddybearvvv
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sat
Loc: Seminole country, FL
Re: recon decoder [Re: mysticalmooons]
      #36442 - Thu Jun 09 2005 01:37 AM

kinda off topic put with the help of the lovley people in the chat i am working on fixing the recon decoder

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Looking better [Re: vvvteddybearvvv]
      #36444 - Thu Jun 09 2005 02:53 AM

TD1 sure looks like it's getting it's act together tonight. The convection is surely firing off a lot more than it was earlier in the day. Certainly the healthiest it's looked since it's inception.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

Rabbit
Weather Master

Loc: Central Florida
Re: recon decoder [Re: vvvteddybearvvv]
      #36445 - Thu Jun 09 2005 02:58 AM

the center is now exposed, but there is deep convection firing east of the center, and t'storms seem to be trying to form NW of the center
aside from that, the pressure has not risen at the 2am advisory as i had expected

how much longer does everyone think until we have Arlene?

Droop31
Weather Watcher

Loc: Pensacola
Re: Looking better [Re: WeatherNLU]
      #36446 - Thu Jun 09 2005 02:59 AM

I agree. Its good to see Im not the only one up at this time of night. I just looked at the 00Z GFDL and it has basically stayed on track. Shows landfall around Mobile/Pensacola at Minimal Cat 1. Im not sure about intensity, but the track seems to be in agreement with many other models. Tomorrow afternoon, I believe we'll have Arlene. Im thinking about 55-60mph at landfall.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: EC Florida
Re: Looking better [Re: Droop31]
      #36447 - Thu Jun 09 2005 03:08 AM

3 AM hour...the convection that fired over Hond. this evening is now being consolidated into the system. Overall, the system is looking a little better but still on the ragged side.

I think we may see Arlene at 11 AM. Just a guess though.

Hurric
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Re: Looking better [Re: Kevin]
      #36448 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:10 AM

TD1 looking better organized this morning. Convection seems to be trying to wrap around the center more; Although still not much on the west and SW sides. I think will have a named storm at 5pm update and a minimal Cat 1 at landfall somewhere between Panama City and FL/Alabama border.
Hurric

danielwAdministrator

Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: 6 AM Quick Look [Re: Kevin]
      #36449 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:11 AM

A Hurricane Hunter aircraft has been flying in and around Tropical Depression 1 since around 1:30 AM EDT.
They have made 2 passes through the "center" area and have repeatedly found a very slight decrease in barometric pressure, and a very slight increase in wind speed.
0639Z pressure extrapolated to sea level- 1003mb
0847Z pressure extrapolated to sea level- 1002mb

0639Z Maximum flight level wind was 31 kt in the NW quad
0847Z maximum flight level wind was 34 kt in the SE quad

Watching the satellites over the last 5 hours has proven interesting. What first appeared to be a decay in the convection on the eastern semi-circle of the depression. Is now solid convection and lightning, from the 12 o'clock position around to the 6 o'clock position.

The East Gulf of Mexico buoy-42003 1010.4mb, winds ENE 14kts, waves 2ft.
Noaa buoy 42056, sw of Grand Cayman 1004.6mb. highest 1 min wind-27.2 and waves at 7.9ft.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/West_Caribbean.shtml
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Loc: USA
Re: 6 AM Quick Look [Re: danielw]
      #36450 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:19 AM

Td1 will be Arlene later today. Pressure is drpping and winds are incresing.

Cycloneye11
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Mon
Loc: San Juan,Puerto Rico
It's now Tropical Storm Arlene [Re: hurricane_run]
      #36451 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:28 AM

WTNT61 KNHC 091048
TCUAT1
TROPICAL STORM Arlene TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
650 AM EDT THU JUN 09 2005
A 09Z SHIP REPORT 130 N MI NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF TROPICAL
DEPRESSION ONE INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME TROPICAL STORM
ARLENE WITH SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH. A SPECIAL ADVISORY ON
ARLENE WILL BE ISSUED BY 8 AM EDT.

FORECASTER BEVEN

Well here it is the first tropical storm of the 2005 season.

Edited by Cycloneye11 (Thu Jun 09 2005 07:28 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 25632

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center