F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Robin Lauriault
Unregistered

Re: Honing in...
      #3914 - Wed Sep 18 2002 09:46 PM

Elvin - yours is one of the most sensible messages I have seen posted on this board over three years of watching.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
Re: Looks like..
      #3915 - Wed Sep 18 2002 09:51 PM

Well models maybe flipping back again. GFDL further east of original forecast track...AVN now swings Isidore west than northeast of several days though. I'am little unsure about exact track but NHC may want to push the track east a little on update. None the less should have hurricane by tomorrow.

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: let me rephrase that
      #3916 - Wed Sep 18 2002 09:54 PM

I'm cool with it,NOW LOL! As Joe B. says, the method to MY madness is I most of the time disagree with the models because they never take into consideration the odd things that can happen with these storms. The problem with that is that that IS these storms..... being so unpredictable! Why go with something that is always saying the predictable thing when you are dealing with some of the most unpredictable forces of nature on earth.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Steve/Houstontracker... follow this logic
      #3917 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:01 PM

The New Orleans Saints are 2-0 (one game ahead of the Bucs I might add). The USM Golden Eagles are 3-0... If the Saints beat the Bears on Sunday, and USM beats Alabama then they will be a combined 7-0....

Based on this very unbelievable set of events the storm has to hit somewhere between New Orleans and south of Hattiesburg Ms... how could it not.... hehe....

On a more serious note.... If I was on the Fl panhandle and a little eastward I'd start getting my supplies in order.... I just can't see this system going east of MS/AL line... no really good reason other than climatological history and a gut feeling... and I hope I'm right for purely selfish reasons...

abyrd
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: apopka
Re: Looks like..
      #3918 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:04 PM

Lyons said there was an eye forming, but did anyone notice that the place he said the eye was forming was west of the eastern most Cayman Island, yet the plot map had the center to the east of the island?

wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Steve/Houstontracker... follow this logic
      #3919 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:05 PM

No worries mate...

My beloved Crimson Tide should prevail this weekend, keeping you safe and secure from Isidore.

LOL...

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Southern4sure
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
Frank P
      #3920 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:06 PM

Alabama is on a roll.........gonna kick some USM butt!

Southern

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
hurricane?
      #3921 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:06 PM

tomorrow morning. 5am or 11am advisory. thinking it might cross the island of cuba closer to havana than the official track is showing. going maybe a little faster.
some core convection going.. dont see an eye. just a 'bald spot'. maybe the center is finally getting itself a CDO that will stay put.
HF 0200z19september

meto
Weather Guru

#3922 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:07 PM

izzy is much farther north and east than 5 pm forecast. ridge over fla. i think is weak.

Mary
Unregistered

#3923 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:08 PM

I would like to suggest that while thinking about the effects, direction and ultimate landfall that everyone consider, that which ever direction it ultimately goes to make landfall, that it still has to pass by Florida. Hanna was North of Central Florida but the south east side had quite a bit of rain and blow off and dumped a lot of rain on us in Central Florida along with some funnel clouds and isolated flash flooding. We got 3 inches of rain at my house in one hour out of one of those rain bands. Just remember, it does not take a direct hit from the eye of the cane in order to "experience" a hurricane. Those rain bands can really have some extreme weather in them and be a hundred miles or so from the Center. I truly don't know any one who would enjoy being in the most intense quadrant of a cat 2 or higher cane unless the person was a very careless risk taker, or started his cane party 9 hours in advance. (JMHO)

ROB H
Weather Watcher

Loc: Clearwater, FL.
Re: Steve/Houstontracker... follow this logic
      #3924 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:11 PM

Maybe isidodre wants to come see the buc's kick the rams
butt on mnf, , someone needs to tell him it's sold out

Edited by ROB H (Wed Sep 18 2002 10:12 PM)

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Jason
      #3925 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:13 PM

Maybe that's why we were butting heads a bit.........I'm a BIG SOONER FAN.......LOL! I've been a sooner fan all my life because my dad lived in Norman for about 7 years while growing up and he became a huge OU fan. Actually, my grandmother did graduate from OU while my grandfather graduated from Oklahoma A&M, known now as Oklahoma State. The Tide gave us quite a run for our money a couple of weeks ago. Too bad about the probation,though. I think ya'll would have had a great shot at a good bowl game this year.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Loc: Metairie, LA
Latest model suite (8/19 midnight GMT) 5pm CDT (?)
      #3926 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:14 PM

http://www.hurricanealley.net/09Ltrpmdl.html

Actually, I think Izzy wants to see the Rams and Bucs play to a scoreless tie. Maybe that's wishcasting NFL

Steve - 2 and 0 baby!

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Jason/Southern
      #3927 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:16 PM

Now Jason and Southern... I think you guys are wishful gamecasting now...

My how yall are going to be really disappointed come Sunday morning after my Golden Eagles opens up a can of whoop ass on the Tide... which will be certainly quite low after the game... hehe....

Looks to me following IR loop that the overall system continue to move towards the NNW to NW as predicted by the NHC...

Justin in Miami
Unregistered

#3928 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:16 PM

FYI, Not that this means much anymore but the Miami local stations (some of them b/c it is only 10pm) say the Keys could have some nasty weather from the storm. They still say it will slow to stall in SE Gulf.

abyrd
Weather Hobbyist

#3929 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:17 PM

Don't I know that Hanna affected Central Florida.
I was in the stands at Florida Field for hours being pelted by Hanna's rains.

To bad the Gators and the Gatorskins aren't playing as well as the Saints. But as a life-long Central Florida Saint fan, all I have to say is Who Dat!

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Steve
      #3930 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:20 PM

Saints 2-0
Rams 0-2
Bucs.... a good second place team in the NFC south...

USM 24 Alabama 17... Jason/Southern4sure.... read it and weep...

Hey, a little football to break the ice... we still have a ton of time to track our cane...

abyrd
Weather Hobbyist

Re: Jason/Southern
      #3931 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:20 PM

I just can't believe that Southern Mississippi is the top of the list when everyone knows that real SEC football is only played in Florida and where ever the Gators play.

I guess that would be Knoxville this weekend.

wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Jason
      #3932 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:22 PM

Great respect for the Sooners...was a good ballgame that broke my heart 2 weeks ago...and my GM is an OU grad, so I have to hear about it for the next 300 days or so...<grumble>

We won't discuss the probation...this is a family message board!

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Joe
Storm Tracker

Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
      #3933 - Wed Sep 18 2002 10:23 PM

Well another model turning it more north ,the LBAR.
Go Bucs!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 34052

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center