F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
Posting Rules for News Talkbacks
      #37229 - Tue Jun 14 2005 08:34 PM

For the storm forum, there is a thread that describes the rules for what should and should not be posted in that forum. If I remember correctly from last year, there were also posting rules that govern the news talkbacks forum as well (I know this from frequently getting posts relocated from breaking the rules). Anyway, I would appreciate knowing what is and is not appropriate to post in the news forum, because it seems that many posts (perhaps mine included) are against what I would perceive the 'rules' to be.... Another suggestion... perhaps it would be useful to have a "Personal Conversation" board where people can talk about things that are not exactly related to meteorology.

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Posting Rules for News Talkbacks [Re: Terra]
      #37247 - Wed Jun 15 2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

For the storm forum, there is a thread that describes the rules for what should and should not be posted in that forum. If I remember correctly from last year, there were also posting rules that govern the news talkbacks forum as well (I know this from frequently getting posts relocated from breaking the rules). Anyway, I would appreciate knowing what is and is not appropriate to post in the news forum, because it seems that many posts (perhaps mine included) are against what I would perceive the 'rules' to be.... Another suggestion... perhaps it would be useful to have a "Personal Conversation" board where people can talk about things that are not exactly related to meteorology.

there's only 2 hard and fast rules...no cussin' & no attackin'...other than that, it really depends upon what's goin' on...since it's slow, i've pretty much let everything go so far...we try NOT to let the board turn into a 'chat' room with one sentence answers between two posters...that's what the chat room is for...speaking of which, that is where you should go to discuss anything you want with others...either that or use the pm feature. we try not to let things get too "off topic" but sometimes a couple of posts (for example global warming) will be off topic...i understand this past saturday there was a bit of a problem with the main thread having a number of posts moved (i wasn't on line during Arlene's landfall); the matter has been discussed and it shouldn't be a problem...

i hope this answers your questions, but feel free to PM me if i'm not clear or you have any other questions or concerns...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Posting Rules for News Talkbacks [Re: Terra]
      #37268 - Wed Jun 15 2005 05:59 PM

To add to what phil said, we do have the Everything and Nothing forum where the rules are very relaxed for things like that.

Lar
Unregistered

Re: Posting Rules for News Talkbacks [Re: MikeC]
      #37280 - Thu Jun 16 2005 12:18 PM

I don't want to start a whole thread just for this, so I'll post it here (at least on the right forum)... Shouldn't WEATHER HOBBIEST be spelled HOBBYIST?

I'm sure Mike will get right on that...

Edited by LI Phil (Thu Jun 16 2005 01:06 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4290

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center