F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Fox news [Re: FireAng85]
      #39122 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:29 PM

What does what mean, FireAng85 ?

--------------------
cheers

Edited by Lysis (Thu Jul 07 2005 08:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: State of Emergency [Re: Colleen A.]
      #39123 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:30 PM

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING....i know your not but wishful thinking....is it goin on to be on the news at 5pm?

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Wingman51
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: State of Emergency [Re: FlaMommy]
      #39124 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:32 PM

Channel 9 just reported On line that Jeb delared a state of Emergendy because of Dennis concerns!

tornado00
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Maitland, Florida, USA
      #39125 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:32 PM

That's really early for Jeb to be doing that, but I guess they rather get it out early so no one can say that they didn't warn us early.

--------------------
Derek Sutherland

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: Fox news [Re: Lysis]
      #39126 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:32 PM

The eyewall has contracted? Does that mean it's going through the eye wall replacement cycle?

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
      #39127 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:33 PM

OK People, do not freak out. Bush always claims a State of Emergency before an impending hurricane hits. Right now the hurricane is aiming near the panhandle (thats florida too the last I checked). So do not freak out... Its protocol. It happens every hurricane..

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

Pensacola101
Unregistered

Re: Eyewall Replacment Cycle [Re: tornado00]
      #39128 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:33 PM

Yep, it is pretty normal from what I have seen in past storms for the eyewall to collaps on itself and then pop up as a stronger storm with a new, better than before, eye wall.

Rick on boat in Mobile
Weather Drama Guru

Reged:
dennis is pointing to where he is going....look at latest frame... [Re: FlaMommy]
      #39129 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:33 PM

he is pointing to where he is going...and Cuba is firing up some thunderstorms to soak things up a bit, before Dennis gets there and mops up...

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Fox news [Re: Ricreig]
      #39130 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:33 PM

I saw Joe B. on Fox News Channel and this is what HE said he thinks will happen:

That Dennis will continue moving in a WNW (?) motion, skirting the entire coastline of Cuba and entering in the central part of the Gulf of Mexico and head towards N.O. He also said that "Remember with Ivan last year? Everyone saw a NW motion and screamed "MIAMI" but it ended up in Mobile."

Only problem with that scenario is that Ivan passed on the WESTERN side of Jamaica and just barely missed hitting the WESTERN tip of Cuba.

Does anyone here believe there is any credence to JB's scenario? I mean, Dennis would have to make a SHARP left hand turn to completely miss Cuba at this point. I suppose it's possible, but it does not seem likely. But, I could be wrong.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

tornado00
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Maitland, Florida, USA
Re: Fox news [Re: FireAng85]
      #39131 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:34 PM

Looks like it is going through an eyewall replacment cycle, you can really see it on the infared imagery.

--------------------
Derek Sutherland

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: State of Emergency [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #39132 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:35 PM

One action this allows is the locking of prices. If supplies are already running short, the gas stations are forbidden from raising their prices artificially during a state of emergency in Florida.

Wingman51
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: State of Emergency [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #39133 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:36 PM

Amen to that

Thunder
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Re: State of Emergency [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #39134 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

OK People, do not freak out. Bush always claims a State of Emergency before an impending hurricane hits. Right now the hurricane is aiming near the panhandle (thats florida too the last I checked). So do not freak out... Its protocol. It happens every hurricane..

What he/she said.

mikendale

Reged:
Loc: Pensacola, FL
Re: Skeetobite's Maps [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #39135 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:36 PM Attachment (131 downloads)

New to forum. Live in Pensacola. Went through Ivan! P'cola will not be same for many years and if Dennis the Menace gives us a direct or NE quad...we're screwed.

Keep your heads down and good luck to all...

Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
State of Emergency [Re: FireAng85]
      #39136 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:37 PM

Here is the Statement

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=15851

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: State of Emergency [Re: Jamiewx]
      #39137 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:38 PM

thanks jamie but you beat me to it...lol....also they are already handing out sandbags....to people around here doesnt look good...but we will wait and see.....

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: dennis is pointing to where he is going....look at latest frame... [Re: Rick on boat in Mobile]
      #39138 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:39 PM

You mean wstrn Cuba right? Just making sure I undertsand what you're saying & heck for that matter understand period.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
      #39139 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:40 PM

What it means is that he can now call up the National Guard if needed, the State EOC is on full alert and other stuff. Also, there are hurricane watches and tropical storm watches in part of the state, the Keys are being evacuated, etc. It's standard, but it does show you that they are probably in contact with NHC mets who are giving them more info before we get it.
Remember: just as easily as he declared it, he could cancel it, too. Just pay attention to the news and you'll be fine.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
Re: dennis is pointing to where he is going....look at latest frame... [Re: twizted sizter]
      #39140 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:42 PM

If I read him right, I think he means to Cuba and beyond... But, generally big storms make a northern-ish turn... Give Dennis a chance to...

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

Rick on boat in Mobile
Weather Drama Guru

Reged:
Re: dennis is pointing to where he is going....look at latest frame... [Re: twizted sizter]
      #39141 - Thu Jul 07 2005 08:42 PM

yep...and I wouldn't discount Joe Bastardi...he knows more than most of us....

if he thinks New Orleans...he may be right...remember, He's right about Ivan...everyone thought it would hook...and it never did.....

interesting hurricane...

can't predict em......shoot...I think a dart board with cities on it would be about as accurate...

I am leaning back to Mississippi again...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 73041

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center