F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
superfly
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sat
Loc: New Orleans
track [Re: Frank P]
      #41394 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:07 AM

It should be starting to make a more northerly turn now. It has followed the same trajectory for about 24 hours now which would make it hit just to the right of Biloxi without a turn.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kissy
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Pascagoula, MS
Re: Major Hurricane Dennis to Landfall In the Afternoon [Re: Margie]
      #41395 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:09 AM

We are going to weather it out. We're as prepared as we can be with all the windows boarded and a generator ready to go! Praying for everyone that will be in the path of this one! Off to bed tonight, be backin the AM

--------------------

Nothing like fishing in the middle of a hurricane! Katrina '06!

Hurricane Fredrick 1979
Weather Guru

Loc: Mobile,Alabama
Re: Frederick-repost from last thread [Re: Shan]
      #41396 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

We're a few miles from the water and in a pretty high place. We do have a few businesses around Shell Belt Rd. and Cindy put over two feet of water in them. If I were in that area, I'd be gone!

Shan
No matter where you at down in Batre you need to get to high grounds. I know the main St will be under water. I use to live above the old fire station down there and I know what a little thunder boomer will do. And this aint no thunder boomer.

Larry Lawver

Loc: Oviedo (Seminole Cty) FL
News From Seminole County FL [Re: MikeC]
      #41397 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:09 AM

Lost at the end of the last thread................

A data point for everyone north, south, east, and west of Oviedo FL in Seminole County: It's eerie quiet here...

We're located just north of the high school for those familiar with the area. We're near the top of the "L" in "Orlando" for those watching the National Weather Service Radar Image from Tampa Bay.

We had one storm band before dusk that barely rated as a normal daily rain. No lightning, no real wind. At this moment, it's cool, damp, and silent outside. It's been overcast all day, but the northwestward skittering low clouds are now gone as well.

We've had no significant weather events here during this regional crisis. Meanwhile, tropical storm events have been reported within twenty miles of here. It reminds me of the aftermath of Charley, when I was dealing with devastation at my house, and my boss who lived five miles away had no damage at all and wondered why I hadn't worked the weekend!

This all meets the higher end of my expectations, because we have not yet repaired all of the damage from Charley. We still have blue tarps over the garage and the southeast side of the house, and probably won't be finished for several more months. Our house is fragile, but it survived Francis and Jeanne without additional damage. Unfortunately, the blue tarps are aging...

There are some bands approaching from the south, and I just hope they continue to spare us.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the spirited discussions that have kept Leslee and me sane during Charley, Francis, Jeanne, and Dennis. For us, FLHurricane.com is one of the most useful places on the Internet. Unlike most Internet blogs, this one has maintained an extraordinary signal to noise ratio!

Regards,

Larry

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: pensacola/gulf breeze
Re: track [Re: superfly]
      #41398 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:09 AM

The local NW service here in Pcola says the storm could track further west. Stay alert in MS

--------------------
Erin 95 , Opal 95, Ivan 04, Dennis 05, and that's enough!!!!

remedios

Loc: Hollywood, FL
Re: Frederick-repost from last thread [Re: pcola]
      #41399 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:09 AM

Weather is windy here on the S E Coast, and I'm feeling a lot of concern and empathy for you folks in the cone. This is not going to be fun for any of you.
Here's wishing you all the best.

G. J.
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: Frederick-repost from last thread [Re: Hurricane Fredrick 1979]
      #41400 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:10 AM

This is epic.

Nate
Weather Watcher

#41401 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:11 AM

My own Prediction is that I see it going to at least 145 MPH by 5AM..

After that I see it going into a lil colder water and losing some punch.. Hitting landfall at 125-130 MPH.

tpratch

Reged: Fri
Loc: Maryland
      #41402 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:12 AM

Anyone else notice the complete surrounding of the eye by the color purple in the infrared?

Is that a sign that the center is strengthing and deep?

To everyone in the path, you're in our prayers. Just as I wouldn't wish last season on the East coast, I wouldn't wish Dennis on you folks.

Be safe and let us know what's going on.

Kevin
Weather Master

Loc: EC Florida
Re: track [Re: tpratch]
      #41403 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:17 AM

Good luck to all in the path of Dennis, and I hope you all stay safe. There's not much else I can say at this point. Whether the landfall occurs at Pensacola further west, this storm looks to do a tremendous amount of damage. Best of wishes to everyone in its path.

G. J.
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tampa, FL
      #41404 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:17 AM

Nate, I hope you're correct, but the pro's are saying that there's nothing in the near future that will weaken it, unless it slows down itself, then it would succomb to the cooler waters, but not at 14mph. No?

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: pensacola/gulf breeze
      #41405 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:17 AM

The water south of Pcola and Mobile is a bit cooler..also the hurricane winds only extend 40 miles from the center...tight storm,...I am thankful it will hit during the day unlike Ivan...night storms are very frigtening..

--------------------
Erin 95 , Opal 95, Ivan 04, Dennis 05, and that's enough!!!!

lunkerhunter
Storm Tracker

Loc: Saint Augustine, FL
Re: 937 mb! [Re: recmod]
      #41406 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

The 1am advisory brings Dennis back to a Cat 4 with 135 mph winds and a central pressure of 937 mb (27.67). This is 1mb lower than when Dennis was south of Cuba with 150 mph winds. I think by 5 am we may be looking at a 150 mph hurricane again.....

ouch!!!!

Kevin
Weather Master

Loc: EC Florida
On another, more local note... [Re: lunkerhunter]
      #41407 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:34 AM

Looks like another squall is coming through the metro Orlando area. If this one is anything like the one earlier tonight, it could be quite intense.

Not that this will even compare to what will happen NW of us tomorrow. Interesting to watch, nontheless.

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
shelf waters, ERCs, mid-layer dry air, anything... [Re: lunkerhunter]
      #41408 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:37 AM

remember three years ago watching lili get up to cat 4 in the gulf, then spin down dramatically before hitting louisiana? that sort of thing can always happen.. there are lots of unexpected internal changes a hurricane can undergo and lose a lot of its punch. i personally still think it will be a cat 3 at landfall. already too far west for my central panhandle idea to work... over between biloxi and pensacola the greatest danger exists now.
just say a prayer that it finds some way to spin down in the next 18 hrs or so. it's happened before, it can happen again.
elsewhere.. 98L's organization and convection are improving some. the system is now near 40w.. it's going to be a depression inside of 48hrs, more likely closer to 24. i'm betting this one will threaten the northeastern caribbean around wednesday/thursday.
the new emergent wave has some model support too. got a feeling that the july net tropical cyclone activity is going to be well above whatever the previous record was. as far as that seventeen named storms i took a stab at back in the fall.. jiminy christmas, i thought it possible, but i'm still slack-jawed at the way things are going so far this season.
HF 0637z10july

spctymme

Reged: Sun
Re: 937 mb! [Re: lunkerhunter]
      #41409 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:38 AM

when viewiew the latest IR sat views you begin to notice the dreaded buzz saw formation of the storm, which is a true indicator that this is a very serious and powerful force

lunkerhunter
Storm Tracker

Loc: Saint Augustine, FL
Re: 937 mb! [Re: spctymme]
      #41410 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

when viewiew the latest IR sat views you begin to notice the dreaded buzz saw formation of the storm, which is a true indicator that this is a very serious and powerful force

i noticed that....although the most recent shot shows a change. maybe Dennis has peaked out?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT2/IR4/20.jpg

Nate
Weather Watcher

Re: On another, more local note... [Re: Kevin]
      #41411 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:45 AM

Anyone have a good Lightning Data links for this area?

Thanks

spctymme

Reged: Sun
Re: 937 mb! [Re: lunkerhunter]
      #41412 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:46 AM

we can only hope.....

Girlnascar
Weather Watcher

Reged: Tue
Loc: Orlando Florida USA
Re: On another, more local note... [Re: Kevin]
      #41413 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:51 AM

Just starting to get squally again southeast Orlando too...the one earlier around 7 pm reminded me all too well of last August. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about what the folks North of here will go through again! We are very lucky .............this time!

Please take Care all those north of here.

PS Found this site after Charley ravaged my home and our City Beautiful last year and just before we were hit with Francis-thanks to everyone who visits here it has been a great help and source along with NHC, etc. of information during these trying times.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 655 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 94854

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center