F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
StormKrone
Weather Watcher

Reged: Mon
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Latitude and Longitude
      #41974 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Even with the recent history, it's not a foregone conclusion that every storm that develops is going to hit Florida.

This may be statistically true, BUT, after last year, it's a bit hard not to expect it.

I am just home from a night in a shelter due to power outage... Then the power went out in the shelter... go figure... maybe it's me... but I am certainly feeling battered and it is only July.

I hope whatever is on the horizon doesn't aim at Central Florida. I am off tomorrow to visit with my daughter who is flying in from Seattle with her family... We just want a pleasant vacation and her back in the air with no drama.

Dee, the StormKrone

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
richisurfs
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Indialantic,Florida
Re: Latitude and Longitude [Re: StormKrone]
      #41976 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Even with the recent history, it's not a foregone conclusion that every storm that develops is going to hit Florida.

This may be statistically true, BUT, after last year, it's a bit hard not to expect it.

I am just home from a night in a shelter due to power outage... Then the power went out in the shelter... go figure... maybe it's me... but I am certainly feeling battered and it is only July.

I hope whatever is on the horizon doesn't aim at Central Florida. I am off tomorrow to visit with my daughter who is flying in from Seattle with her family... We just want a pleasant vacation and her back in the air with no drama.

Dee, the StormKrone

I understand your feelings for sure but my real point was that you have a storm halfway out in the Atlantic and someone wants to know if its going to hit Stuart or Vero Beach. I mean, he had to be joking...right? If he wasn't then I'm scratching my head on that one

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Latitude and Longitude [Re: richisurfs]
      #41978 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:57 AM

Call it hurricane fatigue. We Floridians are now joking that there are so many tropical events planned this year that each of us in Florida believe we have a TD with our name on it ready to hit. We know the exact time and location it will be as well. It will be when the kids have eaten all the canned spaghetti-o's, the gasoline has been used to mow the lawn, and we have planned a 50 member family reunion outdoors, with tents and camping supplies in a local state park. The intensity will be enough to close down all incoming routes to Florida and curfews will have started before our batteries we misplaced from Arlene, can be found. By the way for anyone who does not see the humor in this, you have never stood outside your home with a blue tarp on it wondering if your turn to get a roof would come before the next hurricane season. I personally had to wait from Jeanne until February. I paid $7,000.00. for it because the insurance company said that it did not meet the deductible for 13 missing shingles, but the shingles had to be covered by replacing the whole roof, so I found out that $2200.00 deductible was not sufficient for a $1300.00 apparaised damage that takes a $7,000.00 roof to make safe for the next hurricane.(Maybe that is why each and every Floridan thinks the next storm is coming their way)

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: Latitude and Longitude [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #41980 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:11 AM

very well said, and quite accurate

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

richisurfs
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Indialantic,Florida
Re: Latitude and Longitude [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #41983 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:20 AM

Don't forget I'm from Florida too. I share all the same concerns. Just gotta deal with them when they "really" become a threat if they ever do. one good thing..when you get hit once and then again, which i did last year, the damage isn't as bad the next go around as has been kinda born out with Dennis. Our new fence is alot more solid this year than the 12 year old one we had that was blown down.

D3m3NT3DVoRT3X
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: The Burg < FL
Re: Latitude and Longitude [Re: richisurfs]
      #41985 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:27 AM

man that sure look like TD # 6 right behind #5 they look to about the same storm ?
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/eatl-ir4-loop.html

Edited by D3m3NT3DVoRT3X (Mon Jul 11 2005 09:28 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5866

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center