F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
11am Is Out [Re: kissy]
      #42433 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:45 PM

11 is out

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: jb's tropical theatrics... [Re: kissy]
      #42435 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:46 PM

Oh my, I couldn't finish watching him. What a goof ball. I am sure he knows his stuff but, can you lay off the humor and get to business. He was wayyyy too annoying for me to watch. What was up with the coffee cup on his head? Give me a break!

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
Re: Emily's track [Re: Katie]
      #42436 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

All I have to say is, she better stay far away from the EC of Florida, I will finally have a weekend to myself and I plan on taking some girl friends to the beach the weekend of the 23rd.

But, from last night's track to today's track she is going farther South so, it may look better for those of us here in FL...but, I guess only time will tell with her.

A typical woman, doesn't know where she wants to go just yet.

LOL.....I am sure glad you said that.... If I remember correctly...that was why all of the storms use to have female names....

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

Edited by firestar_1 (Tue Jul 12 2005 02:47 PM)

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Polk City, FL
Re: jb's tropical theatrics... [Re: Katie]
      #42437 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:49 PM

JB... wow... what a nut

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
Re: Emily's track [Re: firestar_1]
      #42438 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:51 PM

She picked up some speed and a little strength. Business as usual for what has turned out to be a very active tropical season.

For the record, I'll be typing all future posts with a coffee cup on my head.

--------------------
Check the Surf

Bloodstar

Reged:
Loc: Tucson, AZ
Emily at 11am [Re: firestar_1]
      #42439 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:51 PM

It's looking stronger and appears to be heading a little south(!) of due west. Personally I'd think it had 60mph winds, but that's just a semi guess. As far as long range track, I'm presuming High pressure is keeping the storm pushed south, so I'll go with the idea that it's simply 'rounding the southern side of the high pressure, and will shift slowly due west then west north west over the next 48 hours. It's otherwise looking fairly healthy, But IANAM, so take what i say with several (dozen) grains of salt.

-Mark

--------------------
M. S. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech - May 2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory
U. Arizona PhD Student

DJINFLA
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Sebastian, FL
Re: Emily's track [Re: firestar_1]
      #42440 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:54 PM

Well, since I'm taking a week vacation for the first time in 2 years and heading for the Keys, a hurricane will probably hit in that direction. I mean, my first hurricane season in Florida ended with my house (rented, Thank God) being destroyed by Frances (and me telling my mother in Wisconsin, "Don't worry Mom. It's been half a century since this area was hit by a hurricane. Now it will be another 50!") Who knew Jeanne would then come by less than 2 weeks later.

Maybe if all Floridians stand on the East Coast and blow at the same time, we can blow Emily and the possible big brother Franklina away?! We could call it Operation Blow Hard?

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: drcrazibob]
      #42441 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I had to watch it twice, what a hoot. Is he always like that?

Anyone else have a hard time watching him (JB)?

Yes he's a flake and I don't care for his style at all.

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Emily's track [Re: DJINFLA]
      #42442 - Tue Jul 12 2005 02:59 PM

Complain about Joe all you want, but there is a significant track shift to the south with the 11am update. Perhaps he will be somewhat right in his thinking this time.

Calling him a fake is a little extreme. He just likes to differentiate himself from the NHC. While he is wrong sometimes, a second opinion is a good thing.

--------------------
cheers

Edited by Lysis (Tue Jul 12 2005 03:00 PM)

dem05
User

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL
Re: Emily at 11am [Re: Bloodstar]
      #42443 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:01 PM

Speaking of broken records (first this, first that)...Has anyone looked at the latest forecast track? Now that would sound like a broken record...One week Later than Dennis, this would be wierd!

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Emily's track [Re: Lysis]
      #42444 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Complain about Joe all you want, but there is a significant track shift to the south with the 11am update. Perhaps he will be somewhat right in his thinking this time.

Calling him a fake is a little extreme. He just likes to differentiate himself from the NHC. While he is wrong sometimes, a second opinion is a good thing.

Well I guess in balance, the guys at the NHC lately have had very poor on camea styles so somewhere in between is a good place to be...

A few more weeks of this season and we'll all be a bit more goofy...

Shalafi
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Altamonte Springs
      #42445 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:06 PM

I have no problem with his info for that very reason. But he needs to cut the idiocy. Having a sense of humor and personality is a good thing, but stopping multiple times in the middle of that to babble on about needing a sports team in Ohio or something..or red China...just shut up and give info...

--------------------
Bryan
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
God bless
I know very litte about weather. I'm here to learn mostly but will post friendly replies now and then. So if you don't want to see non-weather comments ignore me now. Thanx!

Lysis
User

Reged:
Re: Emily's track [Re: Wxwatcher2]
      #42446 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:07 PM

Exactly. And did you mean to shoot yourself in the foot by mentioning balance?

--------------------
cheers

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
      #42447 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:09 PM

Could be, but all the models appear to show this is only a temp drop and then back on course to shoot the gap of Jam/Cuba if it makes it. If it does get that far a nice 10 hour Cuba visit would be nice and helpful, again (not wishing hardship on anyone) but they are going to go somewhere. Wife is from Camaguey Cuba and still has family there, still has not gotten them on the phone from Dennis.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

drcrazibob
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Daytona Beach, Fl
      #42448 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think his knowledge it very credible. But he should probably have someone with actual TV talent broadcast his information.

Lysis
User

Reged:
Re: Emily's track [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42449 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:12 PM

Tazmanian… did you hear about the “relief” that we gave to Cuba? 50 freaking thousand dollars. Ok… my roof alone cost more than that. It is not that we are necessarily entitled to give our communist neighbor to the south extensive monetary compensation; however we should not embarrass ourselves like that. Needless to say, Castro turned the money down, calling it “insulting”. I don’t blame him.

--------------------
cheers

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: Emily's track [Re: Shalafi]
      #42450 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:13 PM

JB is ok.. The good thing about television, internet,etc. if you do not like what, who, or the content you watch, you can change the channel, close the web page, etc. I personally believe that sometimes we take ourselves, our lives, and each other too seriously. We need to relax a little more and give each other a break. Especially about hurricanes that are way, way to early to predict. And complaining about em, doesnt do any good either !!

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

mbfly
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
      #42451 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

You mean like......................

You know you're living on the Gulf Coast when:

You have more than 20 C and D batteries in your kitchen drawer.
The freezer in your garage is full of homemade ice.
You flinch when you are introduced to a person named Charley, Frances, Ivan or Dennis
You find yourself dropping words like "millibar" and "convection"into everyday conversation.
Your pantry contains more than 10 cans of Spaghetti Os.
Making coffee on your propane grill does not seem like an odd thing to do.
You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows.
When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has three bedrooms, two baths and one safe place.
You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot.
You are delighted to pay $2 for a gallon of unleaded.
The road leading to your house has been declared a No-Wake Zone
You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of the pool.
You have the number for FEMA on your speed dialer.
You own more than three large coolers.
You can wish that other people get hit by a hurricane and not feel the least bit guilty about it.
Three months ago you couldn't hang a shower curtain; today you can assemble a portable generator by candlelight.
You catch a 5-pound catfish. In your driveway.
You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's insurance policy.
At cocktail parties, women are attracted to the guy with the biggest chain saw.
You have had tuna fish more than 5 days in a row.
There is a roll of tar paper in your garage.
You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel.
Someone comes to your door to tell you they found your roof.
Ice is a valid topic of conversation.
Relocating to South Dakota does not seem like such a crazy idea.

lawgator
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: E C Fla.
Emily's organization [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42452 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:14 PM

The Floater satellite, IR loop, suggests to me that Emily is getting her act together. Screaming towards the islands right now and look at the outflow in the last few frames -- outflow is much less ragged:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

Edited by lawgator (Tue Jul 12 2005 03:19 PM)

kissy
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Pascagoula, MS
Re: Emily's track [Re: mbfly]
      #42453 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:20 PM

That is hilarious!!!

--------------------

Nothing like fishing in the middle of a hurricane! Katrina '06!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 129880

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center