F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Emily's track [Re: Lysis]
      #42455 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:24 PM

I did read that, the offering was pathetic. It was the country's highest death toll from a hurricane since Flora hovered over eastern Cuba for three days in 1963, killing 1,126 people. In 10 major hurricanes between 1985 and 2004 Cuba had lost only 22 lives. We had been wondering if that was simply an initial token offer similar to what was initially made for the Tsunami victims and later drastically increased.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Emily's track [Re: kissy]
      #42456 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:24 PM

at this point in time I would say this thing has GOM written all over it.... any doubters out there?

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Emily's track [Re: Frank P]
      #42457 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:31 PM

Well... we actually may not be able to pay anything more drastic. The US isn't exactly raking in the doe right now. Last year our offering for Charley was equally pathetic. Then again... I don't exactly see Cuba embracing us with open arms after every hurricane that hits here either. Considering that allot of the storms that hit Cuba invariably hit the US also, I guess it checks out.

--------------------
cheers

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42458 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:33 PM

This is the first time I have seen this JB. Who is he? Does he do these videos just for Yahoo or is he on TV as well?

I don't know about the forecast, but he is funny in a way. He's one of those peter pan guys.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

luki
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: palm beach county
      #42459 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:33 PM

im far from expert when looking at these storms but to me she looks be going just north of the NHC track,if she decides to track more north of west could be looking at the atlantic,only time will tell....im wishcasting shes a fish spinner GOM certainly doesnt need another one and with us here in JAX way over due i dont want her here either

Kal
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Space Coast
      #42460 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:35 PM

Emily seems to be playing a game of follow-the-leader with Dennis, at least through the 5 day forecast. We might have just enough time to report back to Hurlburt Field, fill out our travel vouchers, then evacuate again. Sorry if I sound a little flippant, but Ivan and Dennis made two evacuations in less than a year. I don't particularly look forward to the possibility of a third.

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: Emily's track [Re: luki]
      #42461 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:37 PM

looks like tx might have a small spinner too.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Emily's track [Re: Lysis]
      #42462 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:38 PM

Oh I know, I could go on and on about the realtions between Cuba and the US but won't here for obvious reasons. Or any of the other misplacements or lack of placement of funds.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: Margie]
      #42463 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:39 PM

Margie - you can see him sometimes on the Fox News channel but he is on Accuweather.com. (Joe Bastardi) Hope that helps, he may have a bio page you can read if you do a random search on him.

Tropics Guy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Miami, Florida
      #42464 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:44 PM

I agree that this is more and more looking like a potential long tracker into the GOM. High pressure will be building to the north & no strong troughs, at least in the short term to pull her more northward past Hispanola & Cuba. Think the models are right on track.

TG

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: Margie]
      #42465 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:49 PM

Joe was born in Providence, Rhode Island. Moved to College Station, Texas. Graduated high school in Somers Point, New Jersey. Pennsylvania State University, where he was a member of the varsity wrestling squad. He graduated with a B.S. in meteorology from Penn State on March 4, 1978; the very next day he started at Accuweather, the world's largest commercial weather organization. Joe has risen steadily through the ranks, receiving promotions to Forecaster and Senior Forecaster for his excellent work. Today he is an Expert Senior Forecaster at Accuweather, and he is heard daily on a number of different radio stations. Both Joe and his wife are competitive bodybuilders.

--------------------

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
      #42466 - Tue Jul 12 2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

Joe was born in Providence, Rhode Island. Moved to College Station, Texas. Graduated high school in Somers Point, New Jersey. Pennsylvania State University, where he was a member of the varsity wrestling squad. He graduated with a B.S. in meteorology from Penn State on March 4, 1978; the very next day he started at Accuweather, the world's largest commercial weather organization. Joe has risen steadily through the ranks, receiving promotions to Forecaster and Senior Forecaster for his excellent work. Today he is an Expert Senior Forecaster at Accuweather, and he is heard daily on a number of different radio stations. Both Joe and his wife are competitive bodybuilders.

What's his name again? just kidding....

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: Emily's track [Re: Tropics Guy]
      #42468 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:00 PM

I think it's just to early to tell where she is going.Yesterday NHC had her going more nw,today more west.Tormorow it could having it going more nw again.When she developes more I think we can get a better handle on this.She could end up in New England or the Yucatan or any place in between.The other wave seems to have died.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
      #42469 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

at this point in time I would say this thing has GOM written all over it.... any doubters out there?

i don;t know about that one Frank..in the NHC path it has it turning a little bit northward..i'd say southeast florida and or the keys could be in for a wild ride, but after that it coukld go into the GOM and make a second landfall, lets hope for the best

being on LI im like so spoiled i feel so bad that florida..taking like 1,000 for the team and for your country..hats off to you lads, hats off

-------------
Arlene X
Bret X
Cindy X
Dennis X
Emily X

aayyyy ooss miioooo..

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: Emily's track [Re: Ryan]
      #42470 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:04 PM

hmmm if im not mistaken
the model have shifted to the north again....
ahhhh the waiting

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: Wxwatcher2]
      #42471 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:08 PM

What's his name again? just kidding....

LOL

--------------------

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
      #42473 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:28 PM

There are no doubts about this storm on where its going after weds. We will know if its going to hit florida or the east coast by weds night. If it stays south of puerto rico, then this will be a Mexico or Texas hit in 5-6 days.

scottsvb

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: scottsvb]
      #42474 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

If it stays south of puerto rico, then this will be a Mexico or Texas hit in 5-6 days.

I like the sound of that.

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: scottsvb]
      #42475 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:36 PM

I like Joe B.,he never has any storms hitting east Florida.I hope he is right.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: jb's tropical theatrics...anyone got a link? [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #42476 - Tue Jul 12 2005 04:38 PM

Anyone who may have missed Geraldo Rivera fall in P'Cola - here is a link to the video. I finally got to see it - worth the watch.

http://www.mjmorningshow.com/cc-common/f...rticle_id=25523

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 130316

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center