F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: NewWatcher]
      #42983 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:33 PM

look the way i see it is if i am in any part of the cone of death not the dotted line. im gonna take precautions too protect my family. last year tom terry did really good on charlie but the rest of them were off. but now days these storms are getting bigger and bigger and maybe one day it will blow up the scale and they will have too cat 6 so if i see that volusia county is any where near the eye then yeah i know what too do. its not peoples faults that people die it just happens. yes i think some local news stations are misleading like last year but noone can always be right except for god.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42985 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:39 PM

i agree i love this site. this is my first year and already it has inspired too goto college so i can work the NHC one day. my first major is marinebiology but now i wanna do this too. i cant wait, im only 24 yrs old and i have plenty of time. i enjoy this room when we arent fighting about soemthing thats off topic. lets just get back on track with these canes. come on peeps lets do some investigating this is fun.

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: nl]
      #42986 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:41 PM

I think the NHC should officialy employ the use of "The Cone of Death". THAT would get peoples attention.

--------------------
cheers

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Lysis]
      #42987 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:44 PM

i think im just gonna build be a bomb shelter and ride out thses things this year. equipped with everything i need.lol!

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Terra]
      #42988 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:48 PM

Right on Terra, STORMS and WEATHER.......Stick with the program of tracking and weather information ........No bickering, it wastes everybodys time and its boring....Weatherchef

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
      #42989 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

looks like the spin of death in the GOM. geez!

I'm sorry but I don't follow you. Could you please explain?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

recmod
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Ralphfl [Re: ralphfl]
      #42990 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

...many people left the west coast of Florida last year also for that storm yet the NHC never had it coming here.

When you post inflammatory comments, at least be sure you know what you are talking about. The 11pm advisory on Sept 8 for Ivan showed the hurricane making landfall on the FL coast south of Tampa in the 5 day forecast. See for yourself:

Ivan 5 day Forecast 11pm 9/8/2004

--Lou

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Margie]
      #42991 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:53 PM

well look at the water vapor loop on the GOM and you will see the spin like a circle and its like if it catches the circle it could be the spin of death from mexico too fl.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #42992 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

...the cone of death

...now days these storms are getting bigger and bigger and maybe one day it will blow up the scale and they will have too cat 6

I'm also having a little trouble understanding you here as well. Hoping that you can take the time to provide some scientific background for your conclusions.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #42993 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:56 PM

i wish i could i seen them talking bout on cnn headline news the other day too scientists and they were talking bout the 50 billion dollar cane and said that the rest of this decade could get worse and worse.

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #42994 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:57 PM

Emily sure got her act together yesterday. This morning she still looks decent on the vis. sat. and a little better on IR. I'm sure that if she could scoot a little further north of S. Amer. she could get better organized, though I don't see her moving much further north for the time being. The models are looking pretty good right now with the westward movement.

Edit-Here's a good link describing the eye and eye wall.

Eye/Eye Wall

--------------------
Check the Surf

Edited by AgentB (Thu Jul 14 2005 02:02 PM)

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #42995 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

i agree i love this site. this is my first year and already it has inspired too goto college so i can work the NHC one day. .... i cant wait, im only 24 yrs old

You know I think you must be right. You probably don't have to take the plunge to be a college freshman until you are 30 or so.

--------------------

Reged:
Loc: Cairo,Ga.
Re: Emily a Hurricane [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #42996 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:58 PM

Whats the link for the site which has info up to 120 hrs out? It has surface winds,sea level pressure,,etc.... Its NOGAPS,fsu,and other predictors...I seem to have lost alot of links during Dennis..Thanks in advance for your help... Maybe emily will tone down to a cat 1 or better fizzle out.....

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: AgentB]
      #42998 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:02 PM

so could it still do a charlie or no?

in all likelihood, no. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Thu Jul 14 2005 02:23 PM)

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #42999 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

i wish i could i seen them talking bout on cnn headline news the other day too scientists and they were talking bout the 50 billion dollar cane and said that the rest of this decade could get worse and worse.

Well don't we all implicitly trust every single thing that we hear on the news, especially when it comes to weather. But you know, I think you are really missing out by not watching FOX news.

--------------------

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #43000 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:03 PM

i wathc fox news alot just been busy tracking thses storms and havent really watched it lately. i love shep hes my favorite. why what did i miss? there is only a little dry air left for emily too suck up where she is now could this mean a strong 2?

Edited by nl (Thu Jul 14 2005 02:05 PM)

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
      #43001 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:07 PM

I like watching…uh… my barometer.

--------------------
cheers

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #43002 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

so could it still do a charlie or no?

A Charley, as in making a "sharp turn" to the east?

Right now, I would say no. I think the models have a pretty good grasp on the weather patterns currently in place, and what their effect is/will be on Emily. This isn't to say that something won't change in a few days because, as we all know, the weather/atmosphere is always changing. However, the setup with Charley was different than what's going on now, or what's happened so far this season. You can't really compare then to now because the similarities aren't there.

--------------------
Check the Surf

TDW
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Mobile, AL
      #43003 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:09 PM

Isn't Shep from Ft. Walton Beach? He should have had some experience with a few storms.

--------------------
"It's time to see the world
It's time to kiss a girl
It's time to cross the wild meridian"

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: AgentB]
      #43004 - Thu Jul 14 2005 02:11 PM

so what is that huge stuff over florida right now? if it was too go west could it keep emily from going west?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 54748

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center