F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 212 (Idalia) , Major: 212 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 212 (Idalia) Major: 212 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
D3m3NT3DVoRT3X
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: The Burg < FL
Re: Tropical Wave north of PR [Re: The Force 2005]
      #48321 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:28 AM

if u are talking about the storms of the coast of the fl ga border those are assioated with a low .. that is moving east away from any interests i believe

my 2 cents =p

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Re: Tropical Wave north of PR [Re: D3m3NT3DVoRT3X]
      #48323 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:52 AM

I'm Suprised navy doesnt have a invest of for the wave near 13n 30w after what the NHC Said-

"E ATLC TROPICAL WAVE IS ALONG 30W/31W S OF 22N MOVING W 10-15 KT. BROAD ROTATION ACCOMPANIES THIS WAVE WITH LOWER PRESSURES SUGGESTING THE PRESENCE OF A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTERED ALONG THE WAVE NEAR 13N. THE WAVE COULD BEGIN MOVING FASTER NOW THAT IT IS FARTHER AWAY FROM THE ENHANCING W WINDS OFF THE COAST OF AFRICA. ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION IS S OF THE ITCZ."

If it has a LLC then I would say is should soon become a TD. What do the met/mod have to say About this one?

notice the TWD doesn't say closed circulation. if you look at the satelite, there is a puff of cloud debris near the turning in the atmosphere and all the convection is strung to the south along the ITCZ. this thing is nowhere near developing... maybe as the wave energy gets further west/into a moister environment it will perk back up.. not much in the way of modeling to suggest that, though. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Fri Aug 19 2005 12:34 PM)

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
dead horse (well-beaten) [Re: NONAME]
      #48329 - Fri Aug 19 2005 12:41 PM

quick check of the basin reveals the first day since august 1 without a tropical system active somewhere in the basin.
xtd 10 still has a surface trough associated with it near 21.5/67.5, moving wnw. convection is spotty.. the convective complex overnight broke down leaving a skeletal mlc back near 20/63. the surface feature is weak but still persisting... it aint over til it's completely over.
the impressive convection in the caribbean the other day isn't looking so sharp today. convection that was firing near an old mlc off the honduras/nicaragua border is scant, and the mlc has no apparent surface reflection in low cloud vectors. nothing there today.
stuff off the ga/sc coast is along a wind-shift line, nothing of consequence. globals still showing a system coming off africa this weekend, but getting less juiced over it.
very surprised that the basin is as quiet as it is, based on the pattern we had evolving early in august. there's a weak MJO-enhancement factor, but the upper lows are persisting in the basin, SOI is staying neutral/weak negative, and eastpac development continues though the atlantic is only responding weakly. the mid latitude weather pattern is transitioning towards an early fall one... tropics seem to be in limbo.
HF 1641z19august

Lonny307
Unregistered

Re: Wishcasting [Re: Unregistered User]
      #48331 - Fri Aug 19 2005 12:48 PM

Hey HW. Don't tell me what to post. I'm here cause I like Hurricanes. You got a problem with it e-mail me:Lonny307@aol.com
lonny you ought to register so you can send stuff like this by PM. we don't tattoo a number on your arm or anything, just allows use of PM pretty much. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Fri Aug 19 2005 01:04 PM)

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
new thread [Re: Lonny307]
      #48333 - Fri Aug 19 2005 12:54 PM

I put up another thread. The theme hasn't changed much, because not much is going on.
Future posts, head on over.
HF 1655z19august

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 45553

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center