F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk City, FL
90 L- Development Possible
      #50754 - Sat Aug 27 2005 01:32 PM

Invest 90L is up and according to the latest TWO, it looks likely to become a TD in the next day or two.

Sat View

Models

This storm looks to at least threaten the islands, and then either threaten the SE or even Caribbean (once again).

Not to be overly dramatic, but with the once in a lifetime level of destruction possible from Katrina, it is doubtful that many of us here will be closely following 90L over the next 3-5 days. However, it may become a player (it would be Lee), so folks in the islands and Florida may want to keep the possibility of development in the back of their minds.

We've come a long way from our early August lull...

11:30 TWO: A LARGE TROPICAL WAVE ACCOMPANIED BY A SURFACE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS CENTERED ABOUT 1450 MILES EAST OF THE WINDWARD ISLANDS. THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY HAS INCREASED AND THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO SHOWS SIGNS OF GETTING BETTER ORGANIZED. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE...AND A TROPICAL DEPRESSION COULD FORM DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO AS THE SYSTEM MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT
10 TO 15 MPH.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: Big Red Machine]
      #50771 - Sat Aug 27 2005 01:50 PM

Thanks Big Red,Please keep us informed on this one.Do they think this one will go out to sea?I can't find any models.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk City, FL
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #50778 - Sat Aug 27 2005 01:56 PM

Bob, fortunately most of the very early models take this out to sea.

Here is the 12Z GFS: http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/carib/gfs/12/fp1_180.shtml

Other Models: http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_90.gif

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
      #50788 - Sat Aug 27 2005 02:04 PM

Thanks for the infro Big Red. I`ve been watching that system for the last day or two and was wondering what was going to happen with it. Seems to be getting a little better organized as the day goes by. I know we have major hurricane Katrina about to make its turn towards the southern gulf coast ( while I have the chance, I hope all our members that live in its path are prepared and ready. Good luck to you) but we that live on the East Coast have to watch what is coming in Katrinas wake and this storm looks like it may have potencial to come our way. I don`t know. Maybe Clark can shed some insight into this invest if he has time , god knows he`s a busy man today............Weatherchef............. web page

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
Loc:
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #50809 - Sat Aug 27 2005 02:53 PM

It is looking better today on satellite, but is still a couple of days away from getting going, I believe. It's far enough south that it should miss most of the unfavorable conditions, but only time will tell as to where it goes and how strong it is when (if) it gets going. It may be a reminder of what 97L could have done were it to have come off further south instead of further north in a more hostile environment, though truth be told 97L may have served to moisten the environment ever-so-slightly to help set the stage for future waves to get going.

I'm not going to be looking hard at it until after Katrina makes landfall, however. That storm has made me -- and many others -- quite sick with how the track forecast continues to change. It just goes to show how little we know about these storms. I have some friends spread about the southern Louisiana area and have been trying to help them prepare and stay up to date, on top of following the storm, so needless to say -- my hands are full with Katrina, particularly given what might unfold tonight.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: Clark]
      #50927 - Sat Aug 27 2005 06:56 PM

Now NHC says it could devlop tonight or tommorow into a depression and the 123 rule has it as possible devlopment in the next 36 hours.

--------------------
I am a young Weather enthusiast and really want to get to college in a couple of years for meteorology.

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: NONAME]
      #50929 - Sat Aug 27 2005 07:05 PM

which one is 90l?

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged: Thu
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: nl]
      #50943 - Sat Aug 27 2005 07:42 PM

90L is the one about mid-way between Africa and the Caribbean. It's always good to keep an eye on the happenings upstream as well as things more close to home.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

west_pasco

Reged: Sat
Loc: W central FL
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: nl]
      #50945 - Sat Aug 27 2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

which one is 90l?

Invest 90L

Edited by MikeC (Sat Aug 27 2005 07:56 PM)

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Israel
      #51583 - Sun Aug 28 2005 03:28 PM

And now, its Tropical Depression 13 per the Navy Cane site.

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_hom...es&DISPLAY=

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

MsWickedWitch

Reged: Sun
Loc: Central Illinois
Re: 90 L- Development Possible [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #51660 - Sun Aug 28 2005 06:34 PM

Curious about current developments - where is the best place to observe? Traveling to Tampa on 9/6 for a week - wondering about potential developments. I appreciate this site for updates but would be thankful on other tips. Just glad I'm not in/around LA or MS right now.

muffyjune
Unregistered

How closely is Katrina following the path of 1969's Camille? That even affected Virginia . [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #51730 - Sun Aug 28 2005 08:44 PM

Camille in 1969 came in at Biloxi, Missippi, I believe, and I think it caused deaths as far away as Virginia. Is Katrina on about the same path? Looks to me like that trough is going to edge it east-northeast maybe, plus the front to its west.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 11175

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center