F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 231 (Idalia) , Major: 231 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 231 (Idalia) Major: 231 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando, FL
Lyledore...
      #5319 - Wed Sep 25 2002 12:51 PM

That's my moniker for our triplets.

Lilli's looking a little better on the visible loops this a.m. There is a hint of an LLC on the western edge of the convection. She might just hang on to be trouble later this week. Waiting to see what recon finds today.

Looks like Isisdore will go inland at 60mph and be yet another underachieving rainmaker. Some higer power must really like us...I *think* that the U.S. has never gone 3 consecutive seasons without a hurricane strike.

Kyle is one of the best looking non-hurricanes I've seen in a while. It's amazing to me that we can have a 110mph Isidore off of Cuba with no eye, and a 70mph Kyle with a perfect eye in the Central Atlantic. Will wonders never cease.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rasvar
Weather Master

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Lili improving
      #5321 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:21 PM

Well, seems that Lili is playing the reforming center game. Going to be interesting to watch over the next few days. I was about ready to write her off; but she seems determined to come around. Gut feeling is still Western Carib near where Izzy was; but, the chance of being cuaght up and sent north still seems to be there. Lily may surprise us in the next few days.

--------------------
Jim

Kevin
Weather Master

Loc: EC Florida
Re: Lili improving
      #5322 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:37 PM

Isidore: Really doesn't look too tropical at this point...naked on west side with nearly 100% of the convection to the east of the center. Indeed, Isidore is very broad. He won't become a hurricane again because there is just too much to pull together...a strong tropical storm (60-70 MPh) and should spawn some tornadoes and dump tons of rain. Could have been a lot worse than this.

Lili is playing a game with us...she looks good when recon gets in but slack off after they leave. All kidding aside, I believe she may finally start to intensify. I'm shifting further west now, perhaps just south of eastern Cuba by Friday (she's moving at 8 knots!) With this movement, the trough may well bypass Lili and she will travel slowly towards the western Caribbean...and we could have another major storm. Even the models that recurve her are shifting the recurvature further west...could be in response the her slow movement. A threat to Florida still exists, but it is now delayed. We should have nice weekend but we will need to keep our eyes on Lili. Once again, thinking threat to WC of Florida increases if Lili isn't a hurricane by Friday or early Saturday at the latest.

From what I heard, Kyle's eye looked great this morning. From what I see now, however, he is starting to look a little distorted overall. He's very small, and a lot can happen to small storms.

Kevin

Bruce
Weather Guru

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Lyledore...
      #5323 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:55 PM

Thats right clyde, 3 years, no land falling Hurricanes in the US. But, the season is not over just yet.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Izzy Moving????
      #5324 - Wed Sep 25 2002 04:13 PM

I can't detect a motion.

mbfly
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Re: Izzy Moving????
      #5325 - Wed Sep 25 2002 04:17 PM

Here in Rickinmobile's neighborhood, the sky is brightening, light breeze, no rain and hummingbirds at my window feeder. Maybe Izzy is GONE............ right ????

Carl
Unregistered

#5326 - Wed Sep 25 2002 04:36 PM

Izzy is looking a little better this afternoon--big blob of convection has developed just north of the center, and the latest recon reported 67 knots at flight level --still seems to be moving mostly north, but a little bit slower. will be interesting to see if NHC increase the winds a bit on the next advisory

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5327 - Wed Sep 25 2002 04:41 PM

Frank, I agree when u said that izzy may make it to hurricane strength. doesnt interaction with land or the friction cause a storm to intensify right before it moves ashore? I dont know but im just asking. Storms around here in pensacola this yeah have done that they are weak an look like crap away from land but when the center is about 50 100 miles away from landfall the storm intesifys pretty rapidly. What do u all think

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Metairie, LA
Report from the Front Lines...
      #5328 - Wed Sep 25 2002 04:57 PM

WOW! What a bitch trying to get to Old Metairie from downtown. Almost every major artery had some type of street flooding. I had to take several turns to get home - including crossing several inches of rain in many locations. French Quarter was flooded in spots, CBD, Metairie - we're under a Flash Flood Warning right now in Jefferson Parish with another band building up overhead. First thing I did after I took off my sopping wet clothes? Opened up an Abita Amber. This Abtia's for all you guys!

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Mon
I am cooking today gang
      #5329 - Wed Sep 25 2002 05:10 PM

<<<<I still think it has a shot at getting to min Cat 1 prior to landfall... should get to 65 mph winds at 27N and then reach min hurricane status at around 28N... best guess....>>>>

Posted this on the board at 10:30 this morning....... Izzy is now at 65 mph at 26.8N.... missed it by .2 degrees... don't you just hate a smart ass .... hehe

rolling with this one..... Now will it get to 75 mph by 28N? Looks likes he's trying to tighten up somewhat and I'm not sure he is moving as fast as the NHC indicates.... sure would like to be 2 for 2....

gotta go put up some plywood.... just in case...

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Lili and Isidore and the Future
      #5333 - Wed Sep 25 2002 06:31 PM

lions said last few frames look to be ne we will see do you see this anyone

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 29931

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center