F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 212 (Idalia) , Major: 212 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 212 (Idalia) Major: 212 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Catawba

Reged: Fri
Loc: Putnam County, Florida
Re: Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports [Re: MikeC]
      #53928 - Tue Sep 06 2005 06:36 PM

Here in Melrose (northwestern corner of Putnam County - about 20 miles east of Gainesville), it's been windy all day. Started raining about 1:00 this afternoon, and it seems to me that the winds have picked up quite a bit. We're already under a flood watch (for small streams) in this area until Thursday morning, possibly to be extended based on the actual track of TD 16.

-MB

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports [Re: Catawba]
      #53939 - Tue Sep 06 2005 08:26 PM

Rain is very heavy right now in Maitland, a little windy, but not bad.

satellite steve
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Fri
Loc: Satellite Bch FL
      #53952 - Tue Sep 06 2005 10:12 PM

Here on the beach occas heavy showers and drizzle in between - reminds me of New England - but slightly too warm. Has anyone noticed the Southerly shear seems to be pushing convection N away from circulation center since sundown

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports [Re: satellite steve]
      #53977 - Wed Sep 07 2005 07:18 AM

My family down in Indiatlantic Florida told that they`ve had some fairly good showers and gusty winds through out the last 24 hours. I`m up in Charleston SC on business and here the winds are out of the NE 15 -20 mph with 20 -30 mph beachside and a sprinkle or two. From the looks of the radar out of Melbourne , it looks like the center is almost due east of the Cape. People up here in SC are keeping an eye this storm just in case it decides to head north instead of doing the loop that some models are suggesting and head back toward Florida which I don`t want to happen......Weatherchef

Cathi50
Unregistered

#53991 - Wed Sep 07 2005 09:05 AM

We're having strong rain bands coming thu now in St. Augustine. Flooding downtown has made some roads impassable- police have closed parts of King St. leading to US1. A big limb came down on Codova St. downtown, and our cable TV signal is off and on since last night.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#54213 - Thu Sep 08 2005 10:09 AM

In Cassleberry, right now it's overcast, not raining, but a little breezy. I'm heading to New Smyrna Beach tonight and will report some from there.

webcams from volusia:

Video/Audio/Webcams
Daytona Beach Webcam (Streaming)
Daytona Beach Piercam
WESH TV 2 Daytona Beach Tower Cam

isobar
Unregistered

#54230 - Thu Sep 08 2005 11:18 AM

At 11am, Scottsmoor 2NNW RTP Co-Op station observing 100% cloud cover, intermittent rain showers/squalls, wind north 25mph gusting to 40mph. 3.5" of rain recorded in the last 36 hours. If you surf, here is the link http://www.surf-station.com/ to a website where I forecast the surf.

edge0337

Reged: Thu
Loc: Space Coast, FL
      #54326 - Thu Sep 08 2005 07:12 PM

Heavy rain in Satellite Beach at the moment. With the same steady fairly light gusts winds. If this is as bad as we get from Ophelia I'll be a happy man.

--------------------
T
H
EDGE

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Re: Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports [Re: edge0337]
      #54360 - Thu Sep 08 2005 10:53 PM

At the beach in New Smyrma, wind is steady probably around 20-30mph. Occasionally gusts higher, rain is steady now, but not overly heavy. Looks like a band is nearing that may be a little stronger though.

Water is up to the seawall here, but at dark its hard to tell. Earlier it was and it was low tied. I've seen it worse here though. So overall not too bad, not pleasant, but not too bad.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24403

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center