F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Domino
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Makati City, Philippines
Re: latest recon
      #5697 - Wed Oct 02 2002 03:51 AM

Down to 954 MB in the last vortex message...looks like she will be a cat 3 for the 5am advisory. At this rate and without any changes, I really have a tough time understanding why she won't be a Cat 4 by landfall. Yes, the water is a bit cooler in the north, but she's not slowed down yet.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rickinmobile
Unregistered

New Orleans?
      #5698 - Wed Oct 02 2002 07:33 AM

conspiracy shmiracy. I love it when someone throws out something...and the first thing people do is categorize them as conspiracy freaks, as though the government in any and all situations is above board. wake up hank frank, and re-read my post, and the one after it. I am only parroting what I heard.

now, to Lili

sure looks like a New Orleans possible hit to me

Hurric
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Re: New Orleans?
      #5699 - Wed Oct 02 2002 08:36 AM

Rick, Please, now is not a good time to be playing this game. I tried to respond immediately last nite to your,"Stacked bodies" post but couldnt logon.
In the first two weeks after Andrew all kinds of rumers were rampant concerning deaths from Andrew, People were scared, confused and information sources were limited. It has been ten years.
Relize that some people get off on either repeating or starting rumers. Something inside makes them feel important that they know something others don't. This is at best a character flaw. It is well known that eyewitness reports can be seriously flawed.

If you dont want to be looked at as a conspiracy freak then dont act like one. Especially at this time when so many people need to focus on what is happening with Lili.
Hurric

Tony
Unregistered

Andrew Cover-up
      #5700 - Wed Oct 02 2002 08:40 AM

Rickinmobile/HankFrank
Here is a link you both might find interesting, about the "Hurricane Andrew Cover-up" Thought the 350+ winds was "interesting". Rickinmobile, maybe your friend was refering to this article. Just thought both of you, and other posters, might enjoy the article.
http://wwwnexusmagazine.com/hurricane.html

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: Andrew Cover-up
      #5702 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:01 AM

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/hurricane.html

ya left out a dot.

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: cocoa beach
      #5703 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:16 AM

overall its a garbage story, what one would fing in the pages of the Weekly World News or "G-Men will Get You" magazine.
A 5 degree jump as he stated the EBS statement mentioned would be the distance rougly from Homestead to Jax. And it didnt happen within 5 minutes.

I can go on and on dismantling the semantics of that garbage story but will let evryone else read the story first to develop their own views.

jth
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
      #5704 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:23 AM

That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. If you believe any of that, then I have some....... you know how it goes. "it changed 5 degrees at the last minute and within seconds was upon us yeah right.

Tony
Unregistered

#5705 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:30 AM

troy2
First, thanks for remiinding me abot the "dot" .
Second, I agree with you 100% about the article being gabage. I just posted the link so you and others could read it. Seems like science fiction to me !!!!!!
Tony

FlaRebel
Unregistered

#5707 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:32 AM

BUT IT MUST BE TRUE......IT'S ON THE INTERNET!!!!

Tony
Unregistered

#5709 - Wed Oct 02 2002 09:37 AM

jth,
Agree with you also, it is the most idiotic thing I have also read. No, I NEVER believed any of the article, as I said in my previous post, I just supplied the link to this site so others might see it.
Tony

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 45612

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center