F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 210 (Idalia) , Major: 210 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 210 (Idalia) Major: 210 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
bobbutts
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Mon
Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Stan [Re: dave foster]
      #57678 - Mon Oct 03 2005 08:17 PM

Speaking of google earth, anyone here who has it should try out this network link
http://www.paulseabury.com/tropModels.kmz
It has overlays of model runs, SST's, satellite images, and analysis

Another good one can be found here
http://wdssii.nssl.noaa.gov/geotiff/
This is the "CONUS Radar Reflectivity (Composite)" overlay in google earth

And one more that shows all the known storm tracks from 1850-present
http://www.paulseabury.com/storms.html
the author wrote:
"Using the databse provided at NOAA's Coastal Services Center ( NOAA CSC ) I made a series of kmz's that show all storm tracks, as well as various storm information at each observation."

Edited by bobbutts (Mon Oct 03 2005 08:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rubén

Reged: Thu
Loc: Mérida, Yucatán, México
      #57679 - Mon Oct 03 2005 08:22 PM

http://meteorologia.semar.gob.mx/meteoro/cayo_arcas.php

This confirm the NHC bulletin advisory 09A at 23.6 milles from the center.

Look that rain!!

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
GFS [Re: Rubén]
      #57680 - Mon Oct 03 2005 08:54 PM

yea im looking at the GFS right now, it seems like they have a system forming then slitting and going in dirrent, a part of it with pressure estimated at 996-1000 mb going over the NC extreme eastern areas the coming up the coast and going over RI-Cape Cod area, some of the other little storms that look to have "broke off" affect areas like NC, SC, GA coastal areas, and western Florida.. well i gues we'll wait and see but looking at GFS theres all the systems i talked aboiut, then like 2 or 3 more over by Africa. Ohhhh boy..

Ryan =)

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

Genesis
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Re: Stan [Re: bobbutts]
      #57681 - Mon Oct 03 2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Speaking of google earth, anyone here who has it should try out this network link
http://www.paulseabury.com/tropModels.kmz
It has overlays of model runs, SST's, satellite images, and analysis

WOW!

Now that's cool. I'm a big Google Earth lover - didn't know someone had done an overlay for it....

Had to save that one......

dave foster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: UK
Re: Stan [Re: Rubén]
      #57682 - Mon Oct 03 2005 09:13 PM

Interesting.

Just found Cayo Arcas on Google Earth, right in the middle of Stan's path.
100mms of rain in the last four hours eh? Guess someone's a bit wet.

BTW, what's a little island doing all the way out there on it's own on a night like this?

--------------------
Dave Foster
http://www.ascn92.dsl.pipex.com

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
      #57683 - Mon Oct 03 2005 10:19 PM

Poking around the model runs a bit, looks to me that 92L is a little random on the track. One thing I am picking up - and the CMC does this the most interesting way - is it appears that there is a 2nd circulation/low right next to 92L that will develop and become the dominant one. A number of the tracks I'm seeing seem to jump from the 92L one to the newly forming one after a couple days - so I'd toss most tracks out the window. We don't even know if that new one will develop, or if is just the models having fun with our minds.

It looks to me that we'll have another named storm in the next week or two - it's more a matter of which low forms it first. 92L is likely to beat anything else. Somehow I doubt that we won't break the "end of the alphabet" this year - there's just too much time left in the season...and the Atlantic still seems quite interested in spawning lows associated with tropical waves.

--RC

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Stan [Re: Random Chaos]
      #57684 - Mon Oct 03 2005 11:11 PM

somewhere between the florida straits and near puerto rico something ought to spin up over the next day or two. who knows, could be a little north of that line. once something gets going it'll probably move towards or over florida, then up the east coast. i'm guessing that the thing following stan into the gulf is a separate entity that will meander around like the models suggest. stan itself is nudging sw across the BOC and should go inland some time on wednesday--probably as a minimal hurricane. it's too close to land to really spin up i'm thinking, though it could end up being surprisingly strong.
in the medium to long range whatever is left in the gulf may move across florida and off the east coast.. and modeling suggests that more will try to brew up in the nw caribbean/yucatan region going into mid month. i'm discounting the stuff showing in the eastern atlantic as that region hasn't shown much proclivity to spawn things this year (aside from a doomed depression and some early medium-trackers).
with stan going in to the western bay of campeche coastline, that's the fourth system to hit that region this year. granted the other three were tropical storms, but that's still quite a concentration of hits.
HF 0311z04october

Hurricane Fredrick 1979
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mobile,Alabama
Re: Stan [Re: HanKFranK]
      #57685 - Tue Oct 04 2005 01:31 AM

URNT12 KNHC 040449
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 04/04:27:10Z
B. 19 deg 28 min N
093 deg 49 min W
C. 700 mb 3005 m
D. NA kt
E. NA deg nm
F. 148 deg 047 kt
G. 061 deg 013 nm
H. 989 mb
I. 9 C/ 3051 m
J. 16 C/ 3066 m
K. 7 C/ NA
L. NA
M. NA
N. 1 345/ 7
O. 0.02 / 1 nm
P. AF304 0620A STAN OB 05
MAX FL WIND 47 KT NE QUAD 04:23:00 Z

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
latest adv. on stan [Re: Hurricane Fredrick 1979]
      #57686 - Tue Oct 04 2005 02:41 AM

that sucker is coming up pretty quick. good thing it doesn't have but a day or less over water. stan is going to move slowly enough as it goes inland and once inland that rainfall amounts ought to be pretty high in places... especially the country between oaxaca and puebla. on the coast veracruz looks to take a pretty solid hit, but the worst conditions will be around the village of alvarado if the forecast track verifies. stan ought to decouple from its ridging and a lot of its mid level vorticity by wednesday, so there will be plenty of support for another system to make a development run in the gulf later in the week.
HF 0641z04october

meranto
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Ridderkerk, Netherlands (51.52...
Re: latest adv. on stan [Re: HanKFranK]
      #57687 - Tue Oct 04 2005 04:38 AM

Wow, thats some pretty heavy deep convection, -85C / -90C cloud tops you don't see everyday.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 28976

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center