F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Pages: 1
n1unicorn

Reged:
Possible new storm
      #57817 - Wed Oct 05 2005 02:57 PM

Anybody picking up on the cluster below the Yucatan? http://vortex.accuweather.com/hurricane/...&region=GUL I see an eye there but nobody seems to be worried about it yet.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
04GTP

Reged:
Loc: Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
Re: Possible new storm [Re: n1unicorn]
      #57846 - Wed Oct 05 2005 04:35 PM

Hi, Unicorn!

Not to honk my own horn, but please take a look at my post on GFS model and effects on the Tampa Bay area..posted yesterday.

GFS has been calling for the Yucatan low to develop and swing NE into the central Florida Gulf Coast for about 3 days now.

Intensity will be questionable as always...but being that I live on the Gulf in St. Petersburg Beach, this is definitely one to keep an eye on when it crosses the FL Straits.

Cheers!

Dave

--------------------
Novice storm tracker / "Hurricane Junky". Have lived through: Jeanne, Charley, Elena, Ivan, too many T.S.'s to mention!

Ben Wallace

Reged:
Loc: Zephyrhills, FL
Re: Possible new storm [Re: 04GTP]
      #57868 - Wed Oct 05 2005 06:53 PM

Yesterday I thought the GFS was crazy in developing a low and swinging it twords Tampa because I did not see one sign of the desturbance. Now I am inclined to think the GFS is not as crazy. The desturbace is there with a good amount of T-Storms. I don't beleve it will develop into anything major maybe a Tropical Storm at worst because of some sheer.

CoalCracker
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: Possible new storm [Re: Ben Wallace]
      #57879 - Wed Oct 05 2005 07:54 PM

Although the 12Z GFS is not showing the same strength as in previous runs, I'm staying totally informed on this one. Could be one of those "UH OH!" systems that intensifies rapidly right before making landfall. Like to check the results of the 18Z models later this evening and see how Tammy's new track and the effects and movement of the low in the NE Gulf will have on track/intensity of 93L. Depending on the 18Z runs, might even stay up to check the 00Z 06 runs so I don't get caught with my britches down.

centercounter
Unregistered

Re: Possible new storm [Re: CoalCracker]
      #57885 - Wed Oct 05 2005 08:42 PM

As reported, the system coming from the Yucatan is disorganized. It has signs of developing slightly, but the storm is moving rather quickly and is now passing over Cuba on its way to Florida. Fortunately, assuming status quo (I know... it's wrong to assume), should be little more than bad thunderstorms and a windy day or so for South Florida. Here's hoping for the status quo!

Ben Wallace

Reged:
Loc: Zephyrhills, FL
Re: Possible new storm [Re: centercounter]
      #57911 - Thu Oct 06 2005 01:15 AM

Looking at the satilite tonight this system looks even more disorganized and probably won't, in my mind become a depression. I hope it keeps coming twords the Tampa area though because we need the rain and it has been a very dry summer especally in September.

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Possible new storm [Re: Ben Wallace]
      #57959 - Thu Oct 06 2005 05:04 AM

when are we supposed to start feeling the effects and major effects of this storm in the tampa bay area??? got busy weekend ahead and havent seen much on news about it...thanks becky

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

SMOKE
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: USA, Ga.
Re: Possible new storm [Re: FlaMommy]
      #57968 - Thu Oct 06 2005 01:05 PM

Yea that 'area' hasn't shown a lot of promise in developing and with the frontal boundary moving through the SE CONUS ...... I don't see it developing into a depression or storm for that matter.

RECON has been pulled for 15 and 18Z.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5885

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center