F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
moody

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach, FL
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall [Re: Sheeper]
      #62893 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:31 PM

First time poster here - been reading for about 3 years, though - thank you all for the information!

Satellite Beach here (about 5 mi. No. of Melb. Beach). Sporadic power outages, kinda windy . A couple of tornadoes from what I've heard on the local news, but hopefully none too close...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SEAKRO

Reged:
Loc: Stuart, Fl
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall [Re: Sheeper]
      #62894 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:32 PM

Can any of the mets provide an realtime wind speed site as storm progreses across state?

--------------------
There are no atheists when you are caught in a storm at sea. 22 years U.S. merchant marine.

engicedave
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Pressure Drop [Re: WXMAN RICHIE]
      #62895 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:32 PM

I'm near you Ritchie, In Boynton

Power keeps going off and on, I gave up on it
On lappy battery and cingular wireless card

The worst of the frontside seems to be here

emackl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indianapolis
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall [Re: nicolew]
      #62896 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:38 PM

Collegemom,

It's hit and miss in Melb. I'm in Suntree and it's windy and rainy. The closer the the coast the worst from what Im hearing. Tornado have been in south brevard and north brevard. One on John Rhoddes and 192. If there is anything to worry about around FIT I'll PM!

ChessieStorm
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Spring Hill, Fla. (Hernando C...
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall [Re: emackl]
      #62898 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:45 PM

Reporting in from Spring Hill (Hernando County), not much going, with the back edge of the rain starting to come through and should end in the next hour. Rain showers all night, highest wind gust was 39 mph in the early morning hours.

Rainfall has been light near only 1 inch. 40 miles to the east places received 6-8 inches, doppler estimates from storm cells that just sat there last night.

Temps have dropped to 59° and continue to fall.

Edited by ChessieStorm (Mon Oct 24 2005 12:46 PM)

laureg
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Port St. Lucie, FL
Re: Pressure Drop [Re: engicedave]
      #62899 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:48 PM

Good SE FL coverage...

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/wptv

BullitNutz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
At UCF [Re: emackl]
      #62900 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:48 PM

I'm across the street (And a couple blocks South) of the university. Nothing too spectacular. Wind, rain, the occasional gust that hammers the rain against my window and flutters the cheap vinyl siding (Yay apartments being built by the lowest bidder) but I'n in no danger at all. Charley rolled through here, and aside from the food going bad (I had left instructions to put the meat in a cooler when I went home to Pasco, roommates left for the shelter on campus without doing that, 5 days without power = "jesus h. christ what's that smell?") no damage was sustained by my apartment. Currently, I'm just keeping a continuous trickle of beer going on and keeping tabs on the radar.

RockledgeRick
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Space Coast, FL
Re: Pressure Drop [Re: engicedave]
      #62901 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:48 PM

Wilma is definitely clipping along. Already south of Okeechobee. She'll be back over open water by noon at this rate.. maybe sooner.

--------------------
Been through Agnes, Erin, Irene, Dennis, Floyd, Charley, Frances, Jeanne, TS Fay, Matthew

tpratch

Reged:
Loc: Maryland
Melbourne [Re: RockledgeRick]
      #62902 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:56 PM

Palm Bay here. Windy, rainy, just had a few minutes of gentle breezes and very light rain give way to renewed heavy rains. Tornados have been spawning around my general area but staying away from where I am for now. Lost power once in a beautiful green-blue flash, got it back in short order.

Hard to say if we've gotten or worst yet or not.

marcsantoli

Reged:
Re: At UCF [Re: BullitNutz]
      #62903 - Mon Oct 24 2005 12:57 PM

I'm fairly close to UCF as well and conditions are certainly better than they were in Charley although they appear to have gotten a noticeably worse in the past 15 minutes. Longer periods of sustained winds and definitely more driving rain. My work said to call at 10 or so and find out if I need to come in at noon. Now to me it just doesn't seem safe to be driving at all today.

Thanks for all the great information everyone!

-Marc

BC

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach, FL
Re: Melbourne [Re: tpratch]
      #62904 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:02 PM

Satellite Beach here - fairly heavy wind and rain, the wind is pretty steady but the rain is off and on..... about what I expected, nothing too terrible.

--------------------

BC

laureg
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Port St. Lucie, FL
      #62905 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:02 PM

Just heard from my friend in Homestead who said he lost the roof off the screened in porch...had no power...and still getting pummelled as of this writing...

Here in PSL steady strong winds and rain. Any news on damage on west coast and Keys?

StPeteBill
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas County
Re: Melbourne [Re: laureg]
      #62908 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:08 PM

I know the word "Tampa" can spark controversy here but have we seen the worst of our winds and threat of tornadoes here in the St Pete/Tampa area?

Ned
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: W.Coast Fl.
Re: Melbourne [Re: StPeteBill]
      #62910 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

I know the word "Tampa" can spark controversy here but have we seen the worst of our winds and threat of tornadoes here in the St Pete/Tampa area?

Not qualified to answer that,but know who could

RockledgeRick
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Space Coast, FL
Re: Melbourne [Re: StPeteBill]
      #62911 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:17 PM

Looking at radar, I'd say Tampa will be sunny and cool within two hours. That front is really clearing things out fast right behind the storm.

--------------------
Been through Agnes, Erin, Irene, Dennis, Floyd, Charley, Frances, Jeanne, TS Fay, Matthew

3rdGenFlaNative

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, FL
Tornadoes gone??? [Re: StPeteBill]
      #62912 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:19 PM

Hey guys. Things in Lakeland seem to be improving by the hour. Still windy, some rain, and occasional strong gusts, but I get the feeling the worst for us is over. Last night was pretty dicey - as some of you may be aware, I had a minor meltdown last night when Polk County started getting bombarded with tornado warnings, touchdowns, and threats of tornado "clusters". I got it together though, and sat up all night listening for the freight train I was expecting to plow into my bedroom. It never came.

Although there are reports of tornado touchdowns near here, I haven't heard of any extensive damage yet. My power flickered a few times & DSL went down for a couple of hours, but other than that, I'd say we're pretty lucky. After I got back on line, I caught up with all the postings. Sounds like many had an exciting night! Hope everyone is safe and sound. I know many of our neighbors to the south and east still have some rough moments ahead. Stay safe - we're praying for you.

Oh - and thanks again to everyone who talked me through my "episode" last night! This site has been a godsend!

--------------------
28.0 N 81.9 W
Inland Tropical Storm Warning
Tornado Watch

Began my entrance into this world during Hurricane Dora, 1964 - Have since experienced effects from: David ('79) - Irene ('99) - Charley, Frances, and Jeanne ('04)

StPeteBill
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas County
Re: Melbourne [Re: Ned]
      #62913 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not qualified to answer that,but know who could

I knew that was coming Ned, set myself right up for it, lol.

TampaDon

Reged:
Re: Melbourne [Re: Ned]
      #62914 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:19 PM

Check this link: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.ktbw.shtml

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: Melbourne [Re: BC]
      #62915 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:22 PM

Channel 9 had a report of a tornado in Melbourne off of 192 I think out near Wickham. Live report showed an apartment complex with a rather large part of the roof torn off in a couple of places and some vehicles with their windows blown out. Also the said, one car was thrown some distance away back in some woods where some large oak trees where blown down....Real heavy rain here at times, I can hear the surf from my house . When the rains let up a bit I`ll try and get some pictures.....Weatherchef

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Mobile,AL
      #62916 - Mon Oct 24 2005 01:39 PM

I just moved my radar back over . Sorry about sleeping in

http://hardcoreweather.com/showthread.php?t=4173

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 89357

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center