F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: damejune2]
      #63553 - Sat Nov 12 2005 10:20 PM

Wow 2 Invest form in one night and it is november look like MJO has started in the Atlantic once again It look like 93L is going kuputt while 94L is flaring some nice convection and should be getting into a better enviorment for Devlopment It Might not be suprising if we have a Tropical cyclone in a couple of days mabye even Two Can I get some feedback on these thanks.

--------------------
I am a young Weather enthusiast and really want to get to college in a couple of years for meteorology.

Edited by NONAME (Sat Nov 12 2005 10:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: NONAME]
      #63557 - Sat Nov 12 2005 11:09 PM

94L is in the location CMC has been showing something developing for a couple of days. This might be it.

Looks good for an early pre-TD system on IR - growing quickly. If it can maintain this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see it classified as a TD tomorrow.

The track CMC takes this system on is between WNW and W. Here are the other model runs: http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_94.gif

Also, Floater 2 has been moved to 94L.

--RC

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: Random Chaos]
      #63564 - Sun Nov 13 2005 12:20 AM

naw man, floater 2 has been sitting there since that invest 92L was over there, back when beta was still active. that thing never developed, but two weeks later something has popped up to replace it.
i agree that it looks like it may well be classified soon. it looks to have a closed low at this point though cloud motions at night can be tricky, even on ir2. there's definitely a solid mass of convection present with the disturbance, so it looks like the developmental feedback mechanism is in place. that keeps up and it'll probably make it during the day sunday. close to the islands, so they might toss together a recon flight. more likely monday, though.
that's 94L. 93L is still just a broad mess near panama. a lot of convection has developed inland over columbia, and should wander out to sea into the broad low pressure in the region, while the upper air pattern has been consistently forecast to improve for this region. 94 looks to be leading the way right now, but i'd say that 93 has time on its side. both have had modest support from the models, but it's still a little surprising that one is already ramping up.
HF 0520z13november

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: HanKFranK]
      #63565 - Sun Nov 13 2005 12:57 AM

Isn't that nifty... 94L formed right under the floater. [Jaws music...] just when you thought it was safe to go have a nice Sat evng away from the computer. What a diff six hours makes. Well now we've got the tortoise and the hare bookending the Caribbean. Oughta be a fun week.

Why am I seeing a little bit of outflow to the west, or at least not so much evidence of the westerly shear on the west side, I wouldn't expect to see any at all with that much westerly shear.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Loc: Maryland
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: Margie]
      #63567 - Sun Nov 13 2005 09:36 AM

SSD gives a Dvorak classification of 1.5 to 94L now, but sat shows convection dropping in the core (though growing on the fringes). It needs a bit of time for organization before hitting TD now...but I'd be surprised if it doesn't make TD within a day or two.

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Loc: Israel
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: Random Chaos]
      #63568 - Sun Nov 13 2005 01:18 PM

94L is looking like its in some shear right now. The circulation center you can very clearly see is off to the north and west of the deep convection. But its not really outracing the entire circulation as there looks like evidence of some low level turning in the atmosphere. I guess it is wait and see now.

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #63569 - Sun Nov 13 2005 07:52 PM Attachment (462 downloads)

GFDL Bring 94L up to a 4 in 114 hours looks like after tomorow it will start to devlop more and become a strong major hurrican going through the Central Carribean following a track like Emilys through it.

--------------------
I am a young Weather enthusiast and really want to get to college in a couple of years for meteorology.

Old Sailor
Storm Tracker

Loc: Florida
Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: NONAME]
      #63570 - Sun Nov 13 2005 08:07 PM

The GFDL models have gone from nothing to Major Hurricane and back to nothing the last 2 days so wouldn't count on that model right now Number of the models that do something has 94L as a strong TS or Cat 1 system.

Dave

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? [Re: Old Sailor]
      #63572 - Sun Nov 13 2005 09:16 PM

Special Tropical Distrubance statement was issued. Looks like TD 27 will form tonight.

--------------------

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

TD 27 [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #63573 - Sun Nov 13 2005 09:52 PM

Has formed. Just...Wow.

--------------------

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: TD 27 [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #63574 - Sun Nov 13 2005 10:16 PM

Yes and the discussion was written by Stewart...don'tcha love to read his. They are so thorugh and explain everything in a simple clear way.

Well looks like Central America could be seeing a lot of rain again next weekend, and possibly even a major hurricane.

What's with the pic of TD22 on the LH side?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Hurricane Dad

Loc: Virginia
Re: TD 27 [Re: Margie]
      #63576 - Sun Nov 13 2005 10:44 PM

Very Long time lurker - First post -

Margie,

I have noticed that when a new tropical system forms, the graphics do not update correctly for the first update. This is the case with sTD-22 listed on the top of the page. If you goto the NHC Site you will see the correct graphic.

Marc

Doombot!
Weather Guru

Loc: Lakeland, Fl.
Re: TD 27 [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #63577 - Sun Nov 13 2005 11:03 PM

Hell has frozen over. How about a new topic?

Funny you should mention it, I was cooking one up just now. El topic nuevo. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Sun Nov 13 2005 11:11 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 29881

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center