F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
emackl
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indianapolis
Re: hmmm.. [Re: HanKFranK]
      #63954 - Wed Nov 23 2005 08:40 PM

Happy Thanksgiving HF and the rest of you all. Thanks for this board too.

Jackie

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Re: hmmm.. [Re: emackl]
      #63955 - Wed Nov 23 2005 08:48 PM

Yep hankfrank Thank and I wrote you a message. Happy thanks giving great job with these forums you are trully awesome at this stuff.

By the way Delta look like it might possibly be a hurricane tommorow but who know only good well happy thanksgiving everyone and good luck shopping the day after.

--------------------
I am a young Weather enthusiast and really want to get to college in a couple of years for meteorology.

dave foster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: UK
Re: hmmm.. [Re: NONAME]
      #63957 - Wed Nov 23 2005 09:18 PM

Delta appears to be turning through east now, and I think when it gets to NE it's probably going to take a bit of a run up towards the Azores. There's one thing for certain, it's NOT going to hit Florida. If it does get free passage northeast then in 2 to 3 days we might be giving advice to the folks in Portugal again

Anyway, y'all have a good Thanksgiving, you luck dogs - I have to wait 'til Christmas for my turkey

--------------------
Dave Foster
http://www.ascn92.dsl.pipex.com

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: South Florida
Re: hmmm.. [Re: HanKFranK]
      #63958 - Wed Nov 23 2005 09:45 PM

Hard to believe we may have a hurricane on the map again... but not unbelievable.

Amazing season. Imagine we will see one more storm though where I don't know.

As for the nasty comment... You know what they say.. Can't please everyone so at least you ought to please yourself.. or something like that.

Either way HANK FRANK ... you please us a lot and I come here to read what you have to say often.

Seems online you have to adopt a very hard sort of shell to people making nasty comments about you. Sad, but true...

You make this site what it is... along with Clark and Ed and the brothers and a few others...

Will check back tomorrow to see what is what with Delta... and any E storm that might pop up but... don't think the Caribbean is all that friendly a place for the E storm to form..

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here... lurker, poster or someone who stumbled in...

Bobbi

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Loc: Twin Cities
Re: hmmm.. [Re: LoisCane]
      #63959 - Wed Nov 23 2005 10:00 PM

Well, I like to think that I add a certain enthusiasm to the mix! [Margie-like grin]

? about Delta: How is it getting any outflow when it is within a larger low? Is this why the convection was so slow to develop?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

ltpat228
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Saint Lucie FL
Delta Burke's direction..? [Re: Margie]
      #63960 - Wed Nov 23 2005 10:19 PM

I must be an idiot yet I see this storm heading north when all the sites say it's heading SS/E.

FloydRTurbo
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Des Moines, IA
Re: Delta... why not? [Re: HanKFranK]
      #63961 - Wed Nov 23 2005 10:31 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any comments or insight on the latest model runs on http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/. Specifically the GFS and UKMET models which spin off another low from Delta that looks like it has a more westerly track to start off. Any idea of the likelihood of this scenario? Since I've been storm trooping I haven't followed model runs this year very closely and don't know which ones are proving to be the most reliable in given situations. All I know is the GFDL appears to have done the best with Katrina, Rita, and Wilma (at least from what I could tell) and it doesn't spawn a potential Epsilon (or Zeta if Epsilon forms in the carribean later in the week - hard to believe this year's made it this far in the Greek Alphabet). Just a point of curiosity...

UKCloudgazer
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Wed
Loc: Wallasey
Re: Delta... why not? [Re: FloydRTurbo]
      #63964 - Thu Nov 24 2005 05:25 AM

Well, looking at the NOGAPS, I would say Epsilon will be in the Mediterranean about Tuesday....

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/nogapstc2...;hour=Animation

Happy thanksgiving - hope you aren't reading this but having jolly times somewhere.

FloydRTurbo
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Des Moines, IA
Re: Delta... why not? [Re: UKCloudgazer]
      #63967 - Thu Nov 24 2005 12:10 PM

No, it has to be a Tropical system to get named, otherwise it's just a low pressure system. But interesting to see now that the NOGAPS is now following the GFS and UKMET scenario. Happy Thanksgiving

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 36525

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center