F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Other Weather Events

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Mobile is having entirely too much weather!
      #65120 - Wed May 10 2006 11:26 PM

Every time I check out the board lately there's a long list of weather statements from MOB.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Hurricane Fredrick 1979
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mobile,Alabama
Re: Mobile is having entirely too much weather! [Re: Margie]
      #65122 - Thu May 11 2006 01:25 AM

Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado warnings. Hope no damage done up in Clark, Washington, and Monroe Co's.

danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Low Pressure Systems [Re: Hurricane Fredrick 1979]
      #65123 - Thu May 11 2006 04:52 AM

I've noticed that the last 3 or 4 Lows drifted up the Mid Atlantic Coast to New England.
Maybe I'm just paying more attention than usual. Or is this an anomaly?

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Loc: Port Orange, FL
GFS [Re: danielw]
      #65126 - Thu May 11 2006 08:57 AM

Seems like the GFS has been showing something for a couple runs running across south FL around the 27th. Be interesitng to see if it stays in the runs for a couple more days or what.

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

ITCZ
Unregistered

Re: GFS [Re: NewWatcher]
      #65127 - Thu May 11 2006 10:14 AM

Rumba line is HOT ...hotter than I have ever seen it for May!

ITCZ

KiminCanada
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Tue
Re: GFS [Re: ITCZ]
      #65128 - Thu May 11 2006 11:17 AM

Good Morning. I have lurked on this site most of last year flowing the very active season. I thank you all for your insight. I have a question if someone can offer some insight....any crystal balls working out there.

We will be again cruising this October 28 - Nov 5 to be exact. Unfortinatley this is the only time of year we can all get away. i know this is still hurricane season and we narrowly dodged Wilma last year. But, how common is really active weather at that time of year?? We will be going to places like Belize and Cozumel that general area. Was last year just a really bad year? I know they are predicting this to be a bad year but does that mean into late October?? I did a quick check and I could only find 2 hurricanes that time of year Wilma and Mitch.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Lee-Delray
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Re: GFS [Re: KiminCanada]
      #65132 - Thu May 11 2006 12:30 PM

Ask November 5th.

It's hard to say when and where that far out. I live in South Florida and would never have bet on a Wilma last year. While there is always a good probability of a storm during that time, there is no way to pinpoint exact times & locations.

I wouldn't change my plans.

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Re: GFS Run [Re: NewWatcher]
      #65134 - Thu May 11 2006 04:03 PM

Interesting last 3 runs on GFS....something small (very weak and small) appears to come up from southern GOM (cancun-ish area) and move across southwest florida and up to the NE atlantic.... this may just be some junk... and we will have to wait and see what becomes of it.... I don't want a earlier start to the season... but south florida DOES need some rain! Just bring some tropical mositure to the area would be great.... Will keep watching models.... Just weeks away from start!

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

native
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: SE Florida
Re: GFS Run [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #65135 - Thu May 11 2006 04:52 PM

Hunter....God, I hope that pans out...(for rain sake only) my legs are killing me from two straight weeks of rain dancing...to no avail!

I only hope that if we do get some desparately needed rain, it comes in buckets and without lightning...we don't need anymore fires.

Funny story real quick: 3 days ago I wake up, go to the laundry room to get something, step in water and hear dripping...look up see water coming in through the ceiling leaking on top of the water heater. Go up into attic (I can walk upright in it...I'm only 5'1") to sluth out the source of the problem but can't seem to find where in hell all the water's coming from. Call plumber (who's local, Deerfield/Ft. Laud) who....are you ready? Asks me if my roof is leaking!? After I picked myself and my jaw up off the floor and regained my composure, I asked..."are you serious? Do you not live where I do? Oh, you do? Then maybe you've noticed (or apparently not) that we haven't had ANY *&*#(E) rain in like weeks you genious! How is my roof leaking! To which he says, I can be there today...I tell him that I'm not real keen on his powers of perception and therefore not real comfortable with his skills in general and that I'll call someone else.

Can you believe? Is your roof leaking?....that was a good one!

Thank god he's not a met!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5635

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center