F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
ryancole

Reged:
Loc: fort polk, la
sick of the non rain in the fort polk area
      #66741 - Tue Jun 13 2006 02:40 AM

all i know is there better be some rain in the forcast soon for fort polk....anyone else having the lack of rain problem

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
VandyBrad
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Bryan, TX
Re: sick of the non rain in the fort polk area [Re: ryancole]
      #66761 - Tue Jun 13 2006 04:01 AM

Yeah, pretty much all of Florida (until Alberto that is). Forest fires have been bad here bro.

--------------------
Brad Shumbera

ryancole

Reged:
Loc: fort polk, la
Re: sick of the non rain in the fort polk area [Re: VandyBrad]
      #66792 - Tue Jun 13 2006 09:38 AM

we dont have a problem with forest fires, its the humidity and heat index that kills us....100+degree days and 80+ degree nights.......we need some rain bad to cool things of for a day or so.....

Edited by ryancole (Tue Jun 13 2006 09:39 AM)

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Tropical Wave Topic? [Re: ryancole]
      #67041 - Sun Jun 18 2006 10:45 PM

Happy Father's Day to those of you who celebrate. The satellite images appear to do the Tango when thumbing through the slides. It is a bit disconcerting. The best I can tell about the wave of interest is that it is still not posing any threats to formation which is good.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: sick of the non rain in the fort polk area [Re: ryancole]
      #67043 - Sun Jun 18 2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

we dont have a problem with forest fires, its the humidity and heat index that kills us....100+degree days and 80+ degree nights.......we need some rain bad to cool things of for a day or so.....

FLOOD STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAKE CHARLES LA
538 PM CDT SUN JUN 18 2006

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAKE CHARLES HAS ISSUED AN URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR VERNON PARISH UNTIL 800 PM CDT SUNDAY EVENING.

AT 532 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED VERY HEAVY RAIN FROM THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN PARTS OF THE PARISH... WITH ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS MOVING INTO THE AREA FROM THE SOUTHWEST.

RADAR INDICATES TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN OVER THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE PARISH NEAR FORT POLK.
AN ADDITIONAL TWO TO FOUR INCHES OF RAINFALL ARE POSSIBLE IN THE ADVISORY AREA.

Mother Nature at her Best?~danielw

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4669

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center