F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
East of Puerto Rico
      #69661 - Mon Aug 07 2006 01:10 AM

Tropical wave with a convective flare-up near 17.8N 63.1W at 07/04Z is moving to the west northwest at about 10mph. Wave is bringing scattered heavy rainshowers to the Leeward Islands. Motion should become more northwesterly as the wave comes under the influence of a large upper level low to its northwest. I haven't really looked at the environment, but I would suspect only a slim chance for additional development.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
North Coast of Dominican Republic [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #69682 - Mon Aug 07 2006 11:25 AM

Tropical wave relocated near 20N 70W at 07/15Z continues to remain active while moving west northwest at 20mph. Wave structure has improved overnight. Motion should continue toward the west northwest to northwest. Strong upper low near 22N 55W is digging southwestward while upper low to the northwest of the wave is weakening and moving off to the northwest. This system is slowly becoming something to keep a casual eye on if the upper low to the northwest continues to retreat. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Cheers,
ED

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: North Coast of Dominican Republic [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #69693 - Mon Aug 07 2006 02:23 PM

If it keeps moving WNW or NW its gonna run into shear. The convection has stepped up a notch today tho. It's a watcher.

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: North Coast of Dominican Republic [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #69696 - Mon Aug 07 2006 03:19 PM

Well I saw it this morning...I think the convective flareup is more due to upper level winds at that location, there doesn't seem to be any vorticity, so not a good candidate for development?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: North Coast of Dominican Republic [Re: Margie]
      #69704 - Mon Aug 07 2006 05:28 PM

this thing... i called it a no-go earlier, and that's still the most likely result. the u/a low that chopped chris up is the culprit, only this time the low is elongating and pulling westward ahead of a wave, enhancing it by divergence aloft. low level winds are really cranking and the ridge to the north is strong, so there's nothing for the convection to 'hang up' on, should just keep plowing westward and never develop any vertical structure.
last year, time and again.. this was the mechanism that created the hurricane blitzkrieg.
HF 2128z07august

Storm Cooper
User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: 91L... [Re: HanKFranK]
      #69946 - Wed Aug 09 2006 10:59 PM

91L still trying to make it...

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6522

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center