F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Beach
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: Cocoa Beach/Banana River
Out of the "Norm" August
      #70211 - Thu Aug 17 2006 08:26 AM

Here in Cocoa Beach area we have had .01 inches of rain in 16 Days of AUGUST!!
What is up with that??. It wont be long before we are back under fire warnings.
I know the real reason for this quiet season...
This year I bought a generator

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jfreak
Unregistered

Re: Out of the "Norm" August [Re: Beach]
      #70213 - Thu Aug 17 2006 09:00 AM

I can concur with the lack of rain.... Does anyone know what the average date of a first hurricane forming is? I'd venture to say that we're not going to have a busy season. It's funny how hurricane forecasters work, i'd venture to say they aren't forecasting much. More like guessing and when the season slows down they decrease their guess and guess again vice versa the other way. I don't know it's kinda dumb how they do it, why don't they just stick to one frecast? We know they're gonna probably be wrong why change it four or five times when your going to be wrong anyway? It's more like forecast cheating to me...I hold little faith in the numbers they put out because of this>

We've got an ACE score of 7.41 so far for the season and are very near peak of the season. I'd like to be an optimist and hope it stays at that number!

pensacola
Unregistered

Re: Out of the "Norm" August [Re: jfreak]
      #70222 - Thu Aug 17 2006 12:14 PM

Here in Pensacola, we are still about 20 inches below average rainfall. This past two weeks we have received about 5 inches of rain but, we are still so far behind in rainfall, it's crazy. I know what you mean about a generator. I purchase my generator before last season and Dennis took direct aim at us. But because Ivan cleared out all of the tree limbs the previous year, I did not even loose power durring the hurricane. I actually had to use my generator the other week after a terrible lightning storm shut down my entire block for almost 12 hours.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Colleen A., danielw, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3562

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center