F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
traveller1
Unregistered

Ernesto Over Water
      #72288 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:24 AM

Dear all,
I am about to arrive Mia Intl. Wednsday 31st at 3pm. Is this recommended or should I stay away?
Thanks
Traveller

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DayDreamer
Unregistered

Re: Ernesto Over Water [Re: traveller1]
      #72291 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:33 AM

Wednesday the 30th? or Thursday the 31st?

The 30th No ... If it turns into a Major hurricane then the 31st No.... but if its a Cat 2 or lower.. 31st would be a go.. or late evening on the 30th

Psyber
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Ontario, Canada
      #72292 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Dear all,
I am about to arrive Mia Intl. Wednsday 31st at 3pm. Is this recommended or should I stay away?
Thanks
Traveller

It will have passed miami by then however there could be storm related damage/power outages due to whatever strength storm it is. Looks like a strong tropical storm *possibly*(remotely) a weak CAT1 so the chance of some damage is small.

--------------------
The safest way to deal with a potential Hurricane hitting you...is to leave and just not be there at all.

traveller1
Unregistered

Re: Ernesto Over Water [Re: DayDreamer]
      #72296 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:39 AM

Sorry, its Wed. 30th at 3pm.

Psyber
Storm Tracker

#72298 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:50 AM

Quote:

Sorry, its Wed. 30th at 3pm.

Well in that case you are cutting it pretty thin. Ernesto doesn't have alot of water to gain strength over but what he is over is some pretty prime hurricane soup.

All the forcasts show him hitting miami or at least skirting it so there will be effects felt of some sort in miami...how much is anybody's guess until we see how much he strengthens over the straight.

--------------------
The safest way to deal with a potential Hurricane hitting you...is to leave and just not be there at all.

Geoff
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: Ernesto Over Water [Re: Psyber]
      #72300 - Tue Aug 29 2006 08:00 AM

Based on the sat loops he still appears to be moving NW to me; are any more of the models leaning towards the west?

traveller1
Unregistered

#72301 - Tue Aug 29 2006 08:01 AM

Thank you Psyber. This better info than getting from the airline. Guess they leave the decission to the captain and he will drop me in Orlando or so. I think I will have a look tomorrow morning and check the latest status at the airport. :?:

Psyber
Storm Tracker

#72316 - Tue Aug 29 2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Thank you Psyber. This better info than getting from the airline. Guess they leave the decission to the captain and he will drop me in Orlando or so. I think I will have a look tomorrow morning and check the latest status at the airport. :?:

Yes, since it'll be so close to Miami, any local closures/reroutes will probably be on an hour by hour basis. As of right now he looks to be maintaining a NW direction so (thankfully) no big ugly GOM loop. No real strengthening yet but you can see he is getting more organized after getting dried out by Cuba.

--------------------

traveller1
Unregistered

#72389 - Tue Aug 29 2006 11:13 AM

Seems with a little chance he moves more to the west and Miami will be not touched by the heavy winds. By now I will go 80:20 chance. But lets see tonight and tomorrow.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9871

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center