F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2006 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Robert A
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Central Florida
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: KC]
      #72859 - Wed Aug 30 2006 06:42 PM

We're now getting the rain in Orlando. Still not much in the way of wind, but we'll take the rain, for sure.

Edit: Rain is starting to pick up. Come on, rain, we need ya! Wind, you can stay away

Edited by Ed Dunham (Wed Aug 30 2006 09:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wingman51
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: Robert A]
      #72863 - Wed Aug 30 2006 07:39 PM

Just had a couple of interesting squalls come through St. Cloud (Osceola County) decent rain and 20 - 25 mph wind coming out of NNE - - some dead fronds down near the lake front and white caps on the lake - - glad we were prepared - - excellent dress rehearsal for the next one.

ltpat228
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Saint Lucie FL
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: Wingman51]
      #72887 - Wed Aug 30 2006 10:41 PM

Here on the east coast directly across from Lake Okeechobee, around 7pm we experienced high winds and very heavy rain for about 30 minutes. Ever since, its been constant rain and I'd say winds gusting up to 30+mph.
Where we're located, seems storm is moving over us to the N/E and the back side of Ernesto was MUCH stronger than the front!

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: ltpat228]
      #72928 - Thu Aug 31 2006 07:37 AM

Around 4 am this morning I think, no glasses to see, we had a very windy squal come through, It did not last very long but I would estimate the winds to be about 35-40mph but it was racing very fast. It merely sounded like a window washer with a pressure hose attacking my window from the Northwest

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #72959 - Thu Aug 31 2006 10:09 AM

Here are the conditions that we experienced at the house - along with a few other reports.

At the house ( Melbourne - Lake Washington area)
Storm Total: 3.19"
Max Gust: 33mph out of SW at 2306
Lowest Pressure: 29.54 at 2000

Met Tech near Lake Washington reported pressure of 999.6mb at 2000

Systems Engineer in Suntree estimated two wind gusts in excess of 40mph (thunderstorm in progress) at 2301 and 2329.

Satellite Beach Main Fire Station
Storm Total: 3.18"
Max Gust 38mph out of SSW at 2219

Tampa_Lyle

Reged: Wed
Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: Wingman51]
      #73033 - Thu Aug 31 2006 07:45 PM

Everything right now in the Tampa/ Clearwater area is calm, just another summer day. Some rain this morning with a few squalls and some mild breezes from the Gulf, but all cleared out now. Might be some more coming in later (according to radar). The worst weather we saw was that first feeder band with all the lightning 48 hrs ago. After that, it was happily pretty lame.

--------------------
Loved Alma in '66--hated Frances in '04

GENIE

Reged: Thu
Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #73084 - Fri Sep 01 2006 01:14 AM

Here are some of the conditions being reported by NWS in NC/SC.
HIGHWAY 210 IMPASSABLE IN A FEW LOCATIONS WEST OF HAMPSTEAD
DRAINAGE POND OVERFLOWED INTO A COMMUNITY IN SOUTHERN MYRTLE BEACH. 4 FEET OF STANDING WATER ON SOME OF THE ROADWAYS IN THAT COMMUNITY
64 MPH PEAK WIND GUST AT THE FRYING PAN SHOALS BUOY
PEAK WIND GUST OF 49 MPH AT SUNSET BEACH WIND GAUGE
45 MPH PEAK WIND GUST AT SPRINGMAID PIER IN MYRTLE BEACH
PEAK WIND GUST OF 51 MPH.BALD HEAD ISLAND
68 MPH PEAK WIND GUST AT THE WATERFRONT IN SOUTHPORT
74 MPH PEAK GUST AT JOHNNIE MERCER PIER
HEAVY RAIN HAMPSTEAD M11.13 INCH
HEAVY RAIN SURF CITY M11.92 INCH
HEAVY RAIN WILMINGTON M9.07 INCH

At 3:51am Duplin County in NC reported a portion of I40 was impassable due to high water. numerous other roads in county impassable.

Edited by GENIE (Fri Sep 01 2006 04:39 AM)

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: Ernesto Conditions in Your Area [Re: GENIE]
      #73156 - Sat Sep 02 2006 04:54 PM

Here in MD a lot of the damage was only semi-related to Ernesto due to other atmospheric factors creating a massive pressure gradient and thus sustained 35-40mph winds from the northeast - winds lasted over 24 hours, but were at their peak for less than 12.

We had 4 foot tides (based on NOAA readings). A neighbor's boat washed off their peir onto our beach - we managed to get it back to their peir and on their lift, but it had a lot of damage. Ourselves - we had some washout on a low bench (designed to protect the main part of our property from storms), but the we're entirely intact otherwise. Some settling along the bulkhead (it's was a new a year ago, so the dirt is still compacting with every major rain storm). Our neighbors, however, all had wash out, with some locations having significant washout behind their bulkheads. The beach had many of it's marsh grasses severed at the root, and peices of many peirs are now sitting on the beach. Lot's of power outages in the area, but we never lost power for more than a handfull of seconds - luckily.

I'm on the Chesapeake near Annapolis, to give you some orientation.
This station is just north of us and has full NE exposure to the winds (unlike the NOAA stations): http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMDPASAD5
NOAA tide graph - Baltimore: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports_d...tem&port=cn
NOAA tide graph - Annapolis: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports_d...tem&port=cn

--RC

supermom1
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sun
Loc: Spring Hill, FL
Re: Nothing Imminent [Re: MikeC]
      #73161 - Sat Sep 02 2006 06:42 PM

My son who is on the USS Theodore Roosevelt (Norfolk, VA) told me on Friday morning that the ship clocked winds of 75 MPH from our old pal Ernesto.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31881

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center