F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Barry Conditions in Your Area
      #75254 - Fri Jun 01 2007 06:36 PM

This is to kick off reports from your area,

In Orlando next to Universal Studios, the rain is currently light, with a slight breeze.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KC
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Naples, FL
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #75258 - Fri Jun 01 2007 06:44 PM

Greetings from Naples, FL and welcome back to all! I'm actually in Central Collier County (inland), 8 miles from Ave Maria. We've had rain all day, light until about 4pm, about 1/2 inch total. Winds are ESE 11 gusting to 23. NBC-2's chief meteorologist is calling it "Beneficial Barry" since we so desperately need the rain.

Karen

TS2
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando, Florida
      #75259 - Fri Jun 01 2007 06:47 PM

Hello from College Park in Orlando, Florida.

Conditions are light rains with hardly any wind at all.

Have a great night everybody!!!

--------------------
Dr. Joe Smith

Substitute Teacher at University of Central Florida

GreatWeatherForums

AdrianInFlorida
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Indialantic, FL
      #75263 - Fri Jun 01 2007 07:06 PM

Indialantic, FL (15 mi. South of Cocoa Beach, Due east of Melbourne), ENE Winds 15-20, alternating between blowing drizzle, and some sporadic heavier rains.

Jane219ga

Reged: Thu
Loc: Valrico, FL
      #75266 - Fri Jun 01 2007 07:23 PM

Nice light rain here in Valrico. A friend and I were down at the outlet mall in Ellenton.....rain started pretty good around 2:30.......got to Valrico and there had not been too much rain. Winds are pretty non-existent (compared to the strong easterly gusts of the past week or so). All in all, it is a nice soaking kind of rain. Did Central Florida ever need this kind of system!!!!

rmbjoe1954
Weather Master

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Jane219ga]
      #75268 - Fri Jun 01 2007 07:27 PM

Hello from Port Saint Lucie- we've had a nice steady rain fall since 4PM. What a blessing- God has shown Himself today- and will put an end to the drought once and for all. I hope we have more Barrys in our future!!

--------------------
________2023 Forecast: 20/10/5________

There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. ~Arnot Sheppard

Sarasota3G

Loc: Sarasota County - Sarasota, Fl...
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: rmbjoe1954]
      #75278 - Fri Jun 01 2007 08:43 PM

Here in Sarasota, 3 miles from the water: Light rain, light wind. Barometer is at 29.72 and dropping, down from 29.95 at noon. Temperature has dropped to 67 degrees and also slowly dropping.

--------------------
Sarasota 3G

allan
Weather Master

Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Sarasota3G]
      #75279 - Fri Jun 01 2007 09:05 PM

Here in Palm Coast, FL (about 10 miles north of Daytona), it is drizzling with some breezy conditions.

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Sarasota3G]
      #75280 - Fri Jun 01 2007 09:05 PM

Plant City (20 miles east of Tampa). Rain was slow to start. Very light sprinkles from about 2:30 to about 4:00. Then it has been a pretty steady drizzle to steady shower since then. No wind to speak of and we have accumulated about 0.30 inches so far today. My uncalibrated barometer shows 29.88 in for what it's worth. Looking for 1-2 inches tonight and another 1-2 tomorrow. I really don't worry about the wind here. 40-50 usually doesn't cause us too many problems in this area (or at least didn't during Frances and Jeanne).

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

dem05
User

Reged: Wed
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #75288 - Fri Jun 01 2007 10:37 PM

Here is Charlotte County it started drizzling at about 10AM. By 10:30 the rain became more steady. The overall rainfall has ranged from intermittent breaks and intermintent drizzlewithlonger periods of light to moderate rain. Tome, this rain has been ideal because we have not had any deluge events as of yet, so the rain we are getting is providing a nice soaking. Windwise, I would say thatthe breeze really started to pick uparound 6:30PM, but so far, this breeze has been comparable to what we have seen over the last few weeks under that high pressure ridge. Based on the looks of the track over the last few hours, if that track keeps up, the center will move either directly over us or just to the north...so I suspect it will be a bit (maybe a tad more than a bit)gustier in the morning. I hope madmumbler will have a chance to chime in from over on the peninsula as well. Mumbler probably lives only about 10 miles away from me (i reference that based on the fact that my parents live in Englewood East, which is on the penninsula). I imagine that combined reports would make for a fairly comprehensive report in Charlotte County should Barry decide to cross land in this neck of the woods.

floridafamily

Reged: Sat
Loc: Englewood, Sarasota County, FL
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: dem05]
      #75292 - Fri Jun 01 2007 11:11 PM

Here, in Englewood, we've had rains on and off since about 11am. The rain has been heavier and almost constant since about 6. Although listening outside right now, it sounds like it's calming down. There's been a pretty nice breeze for the last few hours. I'm just so glad it's raining, as I know many are!

--------------------
~Melanie~

Bev
Weather Guru

Loc: Port Charlotte, FL and Abaco, ...
      #75293 - Fri Jun 01 2007 11:18 PM

Conditions in Cortez, FL on Palma Sola Bay near Bradenton. Light drizzle and rain from noon-9pm. Heavy rain from 9-9:45. We've had 1.3 inches so far and are thankful for it! My grass is saying "Ahhhhhhhh"

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Bev]
      #75298 - Sat Jun 02 2007 12:04 AM

Just went out to check the 'real' rain gauge (the remote one can be quite off), and found just over an inch!! Rain has been steady showers for the past hour and a half, but still not a lot of wind. My barometer has dropped by 0.08 in in the past 4 hours. Let it rain!!

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

jbmusic
Weather Watcher

Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: Bev]
      #75299 - Sat Jun 02 2007 12:08 AM

As Bev said here in East Bradenton steady rain from about 3 to 9 and now a stronger rain has moved in. It is great I can hear my grass and flowers gulping the water

--------------------
Jenny Bradenton, Florida
www.bbdigitalphoto.com

AdrianInFlorida
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Indialantic, FL
      #75300 - Sat Jun 02 2007 04:44 AM

Since about 0330 this morning the winds have really picked up here in Indialantic/MLB. Steady, sustained winds that seem to be in the 25-30 MPH, and alot more rain.

Genesis
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico [Re: MikeC]
      #75301 - Sat Jun 02 2007 04:55 AM

We are IN IT off Miami on the Liberty Of The Seas RIGHT NOW!

Its freaking HOWLING out here. Ship's instruments are showing south winds of 50-58mph STEADY; we're basically holding station intending to dock this morning. IMHO they'd have to be NUTS to run the inlet in this crap, but heh, I've seen more insane things done.

I have no idea what the sea state is - its still dark - but it sure isn't "nice" - we're getting tossed around quite nicely on this 1100 footer.

There's stuff flying all over the top exposed deck on the ship - I'm in the solarium with my laptop and have a good signal, so far, so good..... just coming back after a nice Caribbean vacation.

The drive home today ought to be REAL pleasant. NOT!

50mph storm my ***. The wind has been in the 50+mph range for close to an hour now and we're what - 100+ miles from the core?

Edited by John C (Sat Jun 02 2007 06:18 AM)

damejune2
Storm Tracker

Loc: Torrington, CT
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico [Re: MikeC]
      #75302 - Sat Jun 02 2007 05:07 AM

I'm on my patio as i type this and there is a slight breeze, but no rain and no howling winds. I have a weather station and winds are 3-4 mph. Today is my birthday.....first time since being in Florida (1987) that we had to contend with a storm on my birthday. I am in Bradenton which is about, i don't know....70-100 miles south from projected landfall.

--------------------
Gloria 1985 (Eye passed over my house in...get this...northwestern CT!)

gsand
Weather Watcher

Loc: Palm Bay, FL 28.00N 80.38W
      #75304 - Sat Jun 02 2007 06:59 AM

My first post! In Palm Bay, very overcast right now, breezy from the SE about 15-20. Rain gauge shows 5.6 in so far. We had a very heavy cell around 3:30 with some limbs down and 2 bird feeders blown over. Usual drainage issues in Palm Bay for anything over 0.5 inch, but not anything bad. Grass says "Thanks, Mother Nature!"

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hazel 1954 Camille 1969 Agnes 1972 Bob 1991 Erin 1995 Charley 2004 Frances 2004 Jeanne 2004 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017
2021 Forecast- 15/6/3

flarrfan
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Spring Hill FL
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: gsand]
      #75307 - Sat Jun 02 2007 07:44 AM

Dead calm at 7:45 in western Hernando County, ten miles inland from the coast. Weather station barometer says 29.55 and falling. Awaiting arrival of squall line now entering north Pinellas County. About 2 inches of rain overnight, thank you Barry much!

Edited by flarrfan (Sat Jun 02 2007 07:49 AM)

allan
Weather Master

Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area [Re: flarrfan]
      #75308 - Sat Jun 02 2007 07:52 AM

Ok now I just wioke and and saw some flare up with Barry and noticed he's not a weak TS like I thought he would be... It is raining steadly here in Palm Coast, FL... under a tornado watch and the wind is picking up.

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 20940

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center