F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Other Storm Basins

Pages: 1
CoconutCandy
User

Reged:
Loc: Beautiful Honolulu Hawaii
EastPac TD ?? NOT !!
      #75616 - Tue Jun 26 2007 09:59 AM

EASTPAC UPDATE:

The Tropical Wave that looked so 'promising' the past few days never got organized enough, and is now about to cross over into cooler waters. NHC's TWO for the EastPac has pretty much given up on it. So, I guess the chance of TD-4E developing is waning pretty quickly.

I was going to delete this post altogether, but thought I'd leave it up for the links below to the University of Hawaii Weather Server, which some of you may not know about and have not noticed yet.

Below is a snip of my original post a few nights ago, left here just for 'continuity'.

-------------> From Original Post <------------------

Looks like the strong tropical wave that passed through the western caribbean a few days ago and then across central america is getting organized in the EastPac, a few hundred miles SW of Acapulco. NHC is hinting, in its TWO, that we may be seeing TD-4E pretty soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, be sure to check out the excellent University of Hawaii Weather Server:

http://weather.hawaii.edu/satellite/inde...amp;overlay=off
(for Central and Eastern Pacific) ... and ...

http://weather.hawaii.edu/satellite/inde...amp;overlay=off
(for Atlantic / Caribbean / Bahamas / Gulf of Mexico, etc.)

... as the season progresses for some truly unique satellite imagery for your edification. Enjoy!

- Norm in Honolulu

Edited by CoconutCandy (Thu Jun 28 2007 07:24 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CoconutCandy
User

Reged:
Loc: Beautiful Honolulu Hawaii
POST DELETED [Re: CoconutCandy]
      #75628 - Thu Jun 28 2007 07:28 AM

POST DELETED

cieldumort

Reged:
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: EastPac TD ?? NOT !! [Re: CoconutCandy]
      #75630 - Thu Jun 28 2007 09:46 AM

93E may yet pull it off. For the past 48 hours it has effectively flirted the line of becoming "organized-enough," only to lose central deep convection and/or have the LLC run out ahead of the mid-level circ. There have been at least two occasions where, in some other basins, I might describe it as a "depression," but not "deep depression." For Atlantic/East Pac-speak however, "wave" seems about right.

Very nice server, by the way.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4831

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center