F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Cat 5orBust
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
central atl
      #75672 - Sun Jul 01 2007 10:19 PM

i know it is rather early to be looking well out in the atlantic and by time I post this it may very well have lost its look, but the wave in the central atlantic looks decent. I know there have been waves coming off africa that have looked impressive and then have died out. just like some thoughts on this one because the shear forecast that i looked at indicated a relatively low shear at least for the next 2 days. the GFS is indicating something possibly getting going and with some articles indicating that the MJO may very well enhance tropical entities in july, this wave may survive? i cant find the link but the quickscat i saw picked up on a possible low level circulation as well as it passed over it. any thoughts would be welcome.

From the Description of the Main News Talkback Discussion: "you can only reply to the topics covered in existing main page articles. " This post was moved because this wave is not mentioned in the Main Page Leadoff Article.

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sun Jul 01 2007 10:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steve H1
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Palm Bay FL USA
Re: Wave Near Florida [Re: Cat 5orBust]
      #75676 - Mon Jul 02 2007 11:57 AM

Interesting little bit of tumbleweed halfway across the pond between the islands and Africa, along the ITCZ. If this thing can get fire some convection we may get an Invest in the next couple of days

From the Description of the Main News Talkback Discussion: "you can only reply to the topics covered in existing main page articles. " This post (and the posts below it) were moved because this wave is not mentioned in the Main Page Leadoff Article.

Edited by Ed Dunham (Mon Jul 02 2007 06:34 PM)

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: Wave between Islands and Africa [Re: Cat 5orBust]
      #75677 - Mon Jul 02 2007 12:11 PM

I noticed that also.If it can get some convection,there would not be much out there to stop any develoment.Very little shear etc.Anyone have a site where I could get pressure readings that far out?It is in the lower right hand corner in this loop: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/natl/loop-vis.html

Edited by ftlaudbob (Mon Jul 02 2007 01:25 PM)

madmumbler
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: SWFL
Re: Wave between Islands and Africa [Re: Cat 5orBust]
      #75679 - Mon Jul 02 2007 04:51 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up on it. The 11:30am TWO says they don't expect significant development out of it. That could change, obviously, but let's hope it doesn't.

Any forecast model run data on it?

--------------------
Lesli in SWFL.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: did the front stall? [Re: Cat 5orBust]
      #75681 - Mon Jul 02 2007 06:49 PM

yesterday i saw the ITCZ blip at low latitude out near 35w and said 'nah.' today the thing has gained a tad of latitude and has a slightly better signature (if a tad less convection). i'm still saying 'nah' to myself, but maybe tilting my head at it a bit more. it looks like a reasonably favorable upper pattern will accompany it westward, though the environment is quite dry and its amplitude isn't anything to write home about. just the same, might bear a bit of watching. things rarely happen out there this early, but there is some precedent.
mess near the north american continent is of the less interesting variety. the weak low near florida is reduced to a frontal trough closer to bermuda than anywhere.. still some weak shortwave energy along the sagging frontal boundary that is trying to wash out in the southeast. not much doing just yet.
HF 2249z02july

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Re: did the front stall? [Re: Cat 5orBust]
      #75682 - Mon Jul 02 2007 07:02 PM

Agree with hank... out near 40w. Some of the Globals take this into the Carribean in a few days. Its pretty dry out there, and there is some Dust around. Based on the pattern, this wave should keeping moving wnw. I also see that the CMC wants to throw up something of Florida east cost in a few days. VERY WEAK... I would keep my eye on the wave in the atlantic... if it holds, i would expect an invest from navy on it tomorrow.

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

Edited by Storm Hunter (Mon Jul 02 2007 07:06 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4797

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center