F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 231 (Idalia) , Major: 231 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 231 (Idalia) Major: 231 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Critter Report August 16, 2007
      #76522 - Thu Aug 16 2007 06:42 AM

On my way home from work yesterday it was still daylight and the waterbirds we do not usually see feeding had come in land. from the Gulf I suppose. I had not noticed any other activity until yesterday. The great thing about this obsservation is that I did not have access to computer yesterday and I was able to know that there was a significant change in the weather report. The four legged critters are starting chow down, act restless, and if young enough, a little more hyperactive. I have not been in touch with nature enough to see if the undomesticated animals are doing any unusual behavior, except the birds. I then noticed that in my drive home, I did not see one single mocking bird, Jay bird, or scavenger bird. This morning when I walked my dog at dawn, the cicadas were not singing to each other and the air was still and very very moist. I have felt more air circulating in a sauna before. Last night my domestic birds were screeching, fluttering and carrying on. I had turned the lights off to get them to quiet down. They noticed and continued their noise. Now I see that Erin appears to have made land fall in Texas. I also see where they updated Dean to a Hurricane. Will be making further observations as my house is half painted and needs the other coat before Dean gets near enough to wash my one coat of paint off.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jbmusic
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sat
Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Re: Critter Report August 16, 2007 [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #76533 - Thu Aug 16 2007 09:58 AM

I came on here this morning hoping there would be a report from you because I had noticed some signifiacnt changes yesturday and this morning also. My finches were very vocal late last night even after I turned off the lights. I have three cages of them in different parts of the room and they called to each other from about 8 till about 11. I have one baby finch in a cage all by herself. (she is getting ready to be adopted) for hours yesturday she would jump from her perch to her swing round and round. She was very restless.

When I walked the dogs this morning I also noted that there were no birds singing. Which is real unusal because we have tons of birds in my neighborhood.

--------------------
Jenny Bradenton, Florida
www.bbdigitalphoto.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Colleen A., danielw, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3125

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center