F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 210 (Idalia) , Major: 210 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 210 (Idalia) Major: 210 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Hurricane Ask/Tell

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
neospaceblue
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Newport News, VA
Last week
      #77497 - Sun Aug 26 2007 02:35 AM

In the last two weeks there have been three intense tropical cyclones: STY Sepat in the WPac, Hurricane Flossie in the EPac and Hurricane Dean in the Atlantic. I was wondering has something like this ever happened before, where there were 3 intense systems in all three basins.

--------------------
I survived: Hurricane Bonnie (1998), Hurricane Dennis (1999), Hurricane Floyd (1999), Hurricane Isabel (2003), Tropical Storm Ernesto (2006)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lysis
User

Reged: Thu
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Last week [Re: neospaceblue]
      #77632 - Fri Aug 31 2007 08:29 PM

Andrew floored South Florida in August 1992, and super typhoon Omar hit Guam about a week later. Shortly thereafter, Hurricane Iniki scored a direct hit on Hawaii as a strong category 4.

As bad as he was, Andrew was the only only major storm for the Atlantic in 92. In contrast, the 1992 NW pacific experienced one hell of a season, including a typhoon in January, and a 870mb monster in late November (research super typhoon Gay, if you are interested).

EDIT:

Here is the JTWC report on Gay in .pdf format; a really fascinating read, especially the part where Gay's thunder is stolen from it by typhoon Hunt, and the storm fills like 90 millibars in just 24 hours while still over open sea!

Gay preliminary

--------------------
cheers

Edited by Lysis (Fri Aug 31 2007 08:35 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4624

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center