F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Critter Report 9/10/2007
      #78223 - Tue Sep 11 2007 12:10 AM

Ok I have been back in the house for 24 hours + and can now say that the critters are acting weird.
1) The cats are looking for and finding safe places to hide, coming out for chow and going back into hiding.
2) The birds have been chattering none stop all day very excited about something and there are no new babies to be talking about(their usual chatter)
3) I spoke of the fireants and their downright meanness in another post.
4) I have these tiny winged moths I suppose. They hatched out in hordes. They don't do anything wrong, they just land in liquids and they look like moths but are unusually plain.
6) I suppose the troubled waters off the eastern gulf coast would be enough, but it was actually cool again to me until about noon today. That is not a normal state of things and I am sure that if I worked all day in the sun I would not see it as being cool, but it is all relative to not being able to breathe most days. Keep looking and be prepared. There will be a surprise or two coming down the pike,whether or not we see anything landfalling or not.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Ants taking to the trees [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #78401 - Thu Sep 13 2007 07:53 AM

I saw an unusual sight last night as I was walking my dogs. The ants were trailing up into a palm tree. This tree has always been there, is not a fruit tree and has no known attributes to it other than being about 50 feet off the ground. It makes me stop to wonder if it is the earth quakes going off in Indonesian, the hurricane in Texas, or if Florida has had a political fumigating occur.......

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3673

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center