F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Critter Report September 22, 2007
      #78840 - Sat Sep 22 2007 07:26 PM

Critters point to changes in the atmosphere. Recently we have had a series of storms that were not entirely too destructive to form and dissolve before the publicity on them got outrageous. There is something to be said for conscientiously minimizing terror and mayhem by the media. The critters where I live are not being particularly abnormal or annoying. So, they either feel safe with me in charge or they are tired of reacting to the same old, same old and have found better things to do with their time. I had a battle with the fire ants the other day and everytime I out their favorite bait out, a new ant culture would form so we went through the sugar ants, the fire ants and the cow ants or army ants are now trying out their home building techniques. I am looking any day now to see a whole new hybrid insect that looks like an ant, stings like a fire ant, and acts and trails like a sugar ant.When I see them going to high ground to avoid rising water, I will let you know. Thus far we have had one incident like that and that was briefly before Humberto did his thing in Mexico. Otherwise the critter report remains bland and uninteresting today.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center