Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 45 (Nate) , Major: 62 (Maria) Florida - Any: 72 (Irma) Major: 72 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2007 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
allan
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida 29.55N 81.20W
GFS, CMC, HRWF and UKMET resurrect Karen!!
      #79126 - Tue Oct 02 2007 02:25 PM Attachment (562 downloads)

The CMC may not be too wrong on the re-arrival of Karen in a few days.. the model that dropped Karen first, now resurrects Karen in a few days along with the UKMET now hinting at redevelopment.. According to Accuweather (I know :/) Meteorologist Frank Strait, the remnants of Karen is where all that junk is next to 90L.. If that is true, and if these 3 models verify, would this new storm be named Karen? I really don't know but I would think a Katrina situation since there is no low level circulation.. probably as 90L will most likely be Noel, this one, if it does, becomes Olga but for right now, I still hang on to Karen until it becomes classified as something else. Here, on the attachment, I made some diagrams on the current satellite image on the possible areas to watch. The week starts out quiet, but I believe it will be active as the days go by.. I do agree with the 3 models, but I would make it stronger if it were to enter the Western Carribean as the GFS and UKMET are showing.
Here are the new runs..
http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/

2:55 p.m. the HRWF now shows the leftovers of Karen in the Western Carribean on the run for 90L.

see attachment for map..

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Edited by allan (Tue Oct 02 2007 03:12 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: fl
Re: GFS, CMC, HRWF and UKMET resurrect Karen!! [Re: allan]
      #79141 - Wed Oct 03 2007 11:57 AM

That isnt the left over of Karen.....Karen dissapated...this was a trough of low pressure. If it develops it will be another name.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6165

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center