F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Noel Conditions in Your Area
      #79392 - Wed Oct 31 2007 12:26 AM

In Orlando, next to Universal Studios.

Mostly clear skys, and winds are light maybe 5 mph.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rookie
Unregistered

Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #79408 - Wed Oct 31 2007 08:16 AM

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KRSW.html

Good Morning from a big time Rookie.

AdrianInFlorida
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Indialantic, FL
      #79410 - Wed Oct 31 2007 08:40 AM

Indialantic, FL....Windy since Sunday night, 15-20 MPH sustained, higher gusts with the squalls. Less rain last night, it seemed to be hitting more to the north, around New Smyrna and Daytona.

RevCane
Unregistered

Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: AdrianInFlorida]
      #79413 - Wed Oct 31 2007 09:16 AM

Light rain and breezy in Miami. The TS seems to be expanding on the west side. This could make the weather worse for us tonight.

Stork
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Palm City, FL
Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: AdrianInFlorida]
      #79415 - Wed Oct 31 2007 09:21 AM

Good morning from Palm City, FL (just west of Stuart). Another of these squally, east-driven shower bands just came through, the previous one was about three hours ago. It actually doesn't seem nearly as 'look, honey, it's raining sideways!' as it was yesterday, but the day is young. :-) Dark and dreary.

Just also, as my first post, wanted to thank everyone who posts here, and especially those that run the site, for the good education/information they've provided to me this tropical season. I doubt I'll ever have much to contribute, but this is definitely one of my first places to check and will continue to be in the future. Thanks for the great resource.

Jane Feehan
Unregistered

#79417 - Wed Oct 31 2007 09:29 AM

Fort Lauderdale, beach. From the 23rd floor, I can see a line of waves crashing along the reef for miles - as far as I can see. It's been like that for two or three days. I've got a storm shutter up in one room to keep the warm air from coming in through windows. Wind is doing a gale howl.

samm on the sea

Reged: Wed
      #79418 - Wed Oct 31 2007 09:33 AM

Ponce Inlet: Seas crashing along the jetty, hurling landward, palms bent, fronds flying, the air heavy with salt. Had a lovely walk on the beach last night amid the roar of the waves, mazes of seaweed and chunks of flying foam.

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: samm on the sea]
      #79421 - Wed Oct 31 2007 09:44 AM

Just to give a perspective from away from the storms affects....here in Plant City (E of Tampa) we have fast moving (to SW) low clouds with occasional misty rain (off and on most of the night). About 75 with dewpoints close at 73. Wind NE from 12-15. Been this way most of the past 3 days.

Quote:

Had a lovely walk on the beach last night amid the roar of the waves, mazes of seaweed and chunks of flying foam.

I used to love to do this in rough weather when I lived in Lake Worth (10 min to the beach)....now I am too far from the beach to do it very often

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

saluki
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #79424 - Wed Oct 31 2007 10:01 AM

Fort Lauderdale, two miles from the beach. Seeing sustained winds of 15-20 mph, gusts of 30 -- probably still more because of the pressure gradient "squeeze play" between Noel to the south and high pressure to the north. Starting to get some light rain.

No power outages reported yet in Broward County, to my knowledge, and I don't expect many here unless Noel moves closer to us than forecast and/or is stronger than anticipated.

samm on the sea

Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #79434 - Wed Oct 31 2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

I used to love to do this in rough weather when I lived in Lake Worth (10 min to the beach)....now I am too far from the beach to do it very often

It is indeed a different world which belongs only to you and the weather. Perhaps it's not the wisest of things to do but exhilarating, nonetheless. I've dodged palm-frond-javelins on the beach in Maui during Iniki and have screamed soundlessly into many powerful winds here, enjoying the stinging, salty rain on my face. It's a truly marvelous sense of isolation mixed with wonder and a little fear...

The skies have cleared here now but the air is still thick, the waves still furious and the wind constant.

doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl
      #79457 - Wed Oct 31 2007 02:07 PM

Fort Myers:
Winds ENE 21, generally overcast..fast moving light rain showers with gusty winds.

--------------------
doug

Edited by doug (Wed Oct 31 2007 02:07 PM)

samm on the sea

Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: doug]
      #79458 - Wed Oct 31 2007 02:38 PM Attachment (370 downloads)

Despite the reports about beach erosion, the sand here is piling up. Several of the ramps lead into the sand rather than onto the sand. This is outside my place. The beach normally extends to about 3/4 of the way up in the photo.

(I don't seem to be able to upload a photo... )

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebebe8ae7da7300000026108AYtGThy3bNr

Looking south...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebebe8afe5b5a00000026108AYtGThy3bNr

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Loc: Plant City, Florida
      #79461 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:07 PM

If sand is going away from one place....it has to go somewhere....you seem to be in the place where it is building up. This is not uncommon. Just like the old 'breakwaters' or jetties they used to build in South Florida...the sand would build up on one side and erode away on the other side depending on the direction the wind was blowing.....

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

conschscooter

Reged: Tue
Loc: Florida Keys
      #79462 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:10 PM

Key West is sunny, windy and pleasant; the stats show 85, though it feels cooler with low humidity (officially 70%) and NE winds around 20mph gusting to 25. It's really a nice day here- so far.

vineyardsaker
Weather Guru

Loc: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: conschscooter]
      #79465 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:42 PM

Sunny and windy in New Smyrna Beach (south of Daytona), some drizzle now and then, very rough seas off the beach.

--------------------
Charley(eyewall), Ivan, Jeanne, Dennis, Wilma, Irma, Ian (eyewall), Nicole

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: South Florida
Re: Notes from satellite observations [Re: MikeC]
      #79466 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:43 PM

I really don't care about the legal arguements of whether or not school should be closed. IF conditions are such with winds of 40mph steady on my block I do not want to go to work as a teacher nor do I want my children out in it.

I never personally said Boo about Charlie (was in the cone) but I have complained for years that Irene was handled badly and I was getting blasted in my area by hurricane force winds and flooding knee high while JIm Cantore stood on a quiet West Coast Beach watching as ripples of waves danced ashore with the "circulation center" of Irene.

Years later nothing has changed.

Miamians are not stupid, nor are Monroe County Residents they know what a Tropical Storm Warning means and they will not panic, they will act more carefully to protect themselves and their property (small flying objects, lawn furniture, etc) and take measures .. the problem is when they have no time to do so..

With a storm this close to land I don't warn to argue if it's a jog or movement... it's WEST or WNW... whatever you call it.

And.. I was just at the beach and took photos and the waves are much higher and foamier and rolling and crashing much different scene from yesterday which really looked like winds from a pressure gradient (there is a difference) and from an approaching tropical system.

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Colleen A.Moderator

Reged: Sat
Loc: Florida
      #79467 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:44 PM

Lakeland - Near Plant City: wind is currently ENE @29mph with higher gusts; pressure is 1002mb (which has dropped from 1006 around 12 Noon); dewpoint 67; Outside temp 80 with 81% humidity.

Readers Digest version: very windy, warm, muggy and humid as heck.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
      #79469 - Wed Oct 31 2007 03:52 PM

Partly cloudy here north a few miles from Indiatlantic. Looks like some rain south of us. Still very windy. Lots of beach damage to the dune line from Paradise Park northward. A good part of the sand that was dredged up and trucked in along southern Brevard County has disappeared with last 3 high tides. 6-8 foot drop from the top of the dune down to beach here at the Crowne Plaza. We`ll see what happens the next few days....Weatherchef

DJINFLA
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Sebastian, FL
      #79473 - Wed Oct 31 2007 04:37 PM

Vero Beach:

Humidity: 77 %
Wind Speed: NE 22 G 30 MPH
Barometer: 29.89" (1012.1 mb

Ugly gray skies all day and very windy.

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: Noel Conditions in Your Area [Re: DJINFLA]
      #79482 - Wed Oct 31 2007 05:59 PM

I live 1.5 miles from Ft Laud beach.Power was flickering this morn,and lost power for 30 mins at my office in Lauderhill.I just lost power for 5 min,just now.FPL is the worst!!

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 21428

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center