F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Baylink

Reged: Fri
Long time listener...
      #79216 - Fri Oct 12 2007 01:38 PM

First time caller.

First let me say how useful I find the site; except for your disinclination to treat the front page updates as a standard blog (which they are, really), I'm pretty happy with everything about the site.

That said, let me say how annoying it is that I had to register for your forums merely to point out that your front-page storm box appears to have some broken coordinates in it: it's showing the wrong graphics. You don't seem to have any Contact Us link anywhere on the site that I can find... not even one that says "sign up for the forums if you need to tell is something."

And no one's watching the IRC channel, either, even though three ops are logged in.

(Edit: Having looked now at the tracking list, I see that the TD15 updates are tagging on the end of the TD10 information.)

Edited by Baylink (Fri Oct 12 2007 01:40 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ClarkModerator
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
Loc:
Re: Long time listener... [Re: Baylink]
      #79217 - Fri Oct 12 2007 10:01 PM

There's a contact address at the bottom of the "About CFHC" page on the left sidebar, though admittedly it's not exactly the most visible of all pages or links. I'm sure Mike will eventually see this and work on a fix, though TD 15 is now no more.

As for the IRC channel, there's typically not a whole lot of activity there except for bigger storm events. Not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, just how things are.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Long time listener... [Re: Baylink]
      #79220 - Mon Oct 15 2007 08:56 AM

It was a glitch that happened with TD15 while I was out of town/away from the site as well as being ill (and I"m still ill today). It involved some back end stuff that nobody really knew how to fix except me. If TD15 were an actual threat I would have likely made more effort to get to a computer to fix it.

Hootie Hoo

Loc: Austin Tx
Re: Long time listener... [Re: MikeC]
      #79884 - Wed May 28 2008 10:42 AM

How do you start a new topic in this section? Also why can't I change my e-mail address in my profile-it says you already have an e-mail under the new one I want to put -but it is ME??? I am very confused. I had to select a new name and start all over this year...I feel I am running in circles. I just want to be the previous 'me' with the correct e-mail address. Thanks!

(Answers were coordinated using the PM capability)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Wed May 28 2008 11:10 AM)

Hootie Hoo

Loc: Austin Tx
Re: Initial Outlook for the 2008 Season [Re: Baylink]
      #79886 - Wed May 28 2008 10:48 AM

Sorry for posting here but how does someone post a new topic?? I don't see any links... Also I am trying to change my e-mail address in my profile but it keeps saying we already have that e-mail address -well that is ME-my other e-mail. I am very confused.-Especially with how to post a new topic? Not that I want to do that but maybe there needs to be one for technical stuff like mine. thanks in advance and sorry again for posting here.

Finally does the names (User ID's) of the persons logged in ever show up-or is it just a count of registered users and guests.Thanks.

(Post was moved from the Storm Forum. When you click the Who's Online button you should see a list of Registered Users (by User name) that have been online in the past 10 minutes. You will not see any names for unregistered users.)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Wed May 28 2008 11:50 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6054

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center