F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 212 (Idalia) , Major: 212 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 212 (Idalia) Major: 212 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2008 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
allan
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Carribean Predictions
      #79854 - Sun May 25 2008 06:29 PM

Allrighty, now that some models are going with the GFS on this possible system, I'm making a forum on it. Now that I have seen agreement with the NOGAPS, now somewhat the CMC (still getting around there), and the GFS, I have a higher confidence that it might actually form by the end of the week. Right now, nothing can form for a few days due to higher pressures that are coming out in the Western Carribean. However, the moisture from the Pacific side might as some models are showing, swing northeast into the WC and possible form the forst depression or storm of the season. Most of the runs yesterday from the GFS had a hurricane hitting the Yucitan, then heading north into the GOM. The water tempuratures favor strengthening and if the GFS actually verifies, an anticyclone will form over the area. Now if we get an early storm does not mean we will have a hyperactive season, I'm really following the ENSO conditions in the Pacific Ocean. After 2005 and 2006, anything can happen, could be active or quiet. I'll have more info on the "possible" WC storm as more days pass and we know more about it. Comments anyone???

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hugo survivor
Unregistered

Re: Carribean Predictions [Re: allan]
      #79862 - Mon May 26 2008 09:29 AM

Oh!!! Yeah Here we go...... Been watching the models since Friday and run to run they have been holding steady. Round up the troops let's get it on....... Maybe someone can call the oil guys in the gulf and let them push oil to $200 this week they will call us crazy but I have a feeling this on will form...

hurricaneguy
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Fri
Loc: Greeneville, TN
Re: Carribean Predictions [Re: hugo survivor]
      #79868 - Mon May 26 2008 10:56 PM

Right now there is still a big "if" that there will even be a storm. But if we see a depression form then I think there will be a strong chance that it could become Arthur and take on similar characteristics in paths and strengths as Alberto and Beryl.

--------------------

AprilDriesse

Reged: Sat
Re: Carribean Predictions [Re: hurricaneguy]
      #79990 - Sat May 31 2008 04:59 PM

It became TS Arthur.

First storm of the season people!

Genesis
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Re: Carribean Predictions [Re: AprilDriesse]
      #80008 - Sun Jun 01 2008 07:26 PM

Pretty amazing....

Seat-of-the-pants here - when we see a season that starts like this with Caribbean activity west, this early, it generally forbodes poorly for the Gulf Coast.

Not always - but......

Barf.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5101

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center