F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 230 (Idalia) , Major: 230 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 230 (Idalia) Major: 230 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
StormBulletin

Reged: Fri
Loc: longboat key, florida
Tropical Wave
      #80064 - Fri Jun 06 2008 09:22 PM

Post of NHC TWO was deleted.

Entire NHC Article/Advisory Reposting: Don't do it. The main page has direct links to most of the advisories and reposting them just tends to clutter the site. Your repost is likely to be edited down or graveyarded depending on how much content other than the article/advisory is there. If you quote a specific part of an advisory or article, reposting that excerpt, with discussion, is fine. The TWO is available on the Main Page as a drop-down item.

Ed Dunham
CFHC Administrator

Edited by Ed Dunham (Fri Jun 06 2008 11:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarleneCane
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Re: Tropical Wave [Re: StormBulletin]
      #80065 - Sat Jun 07 2008 10:38 AM

Did you make this so because you think this wave will develop Ed?

I keep hearing about the westward moving tropical wave but I cannot tell if there is anything to it or not.
It isn't like the TWO to mention something that they feel has no possibilities I suppose, but I really wasn't sure. And, was looking for more input.

Shear is there but not as high as it has been other years that I can recall.

The ITZ is pretty active though even if nothing is developing.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: Tropical Wave [Re: DarleneCane]
      #80066 - Sat Jun 07 2008 11:04 AM

No, I don't believe that the wave has much chance to develop. Note that the TWO will mention waves that may or may not develop - but the NHC will hint at their thoughts, one way or the other, in the bulletin itself. Sometimes the NHC will mention something that may look impressive on satellite imagery but really has little chance to develop simply to alleviate hype and reassure folks that its nothing to be concerned about.

My point was to enphasize that CFHC discourages reposting NHC bulletins/advisories/forecasts since they are always available as drop-down messages from the top of the Main Page.
Cheers,
ED

craigm
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Palm City, Florida
Re: Tropical Wave [Re: DarleneCane]
      #80067 - Sat Jun 07 2008 11:22 AM

DC, Use the graphical link on the TWO at the top of the main page to see a percent probability for development of suspect areas.

--------------------
Why I'm here:
Weather hobbyist

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5085

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center