Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 45 (Nate) , Major: 63 (Maria) Florida - Any: 73 (Irma) Major: 73 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2015 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL 28.49N 81.47W
Erika Remnants effects in your area
      #95872 - Sat Aug 29 2015 09:05 PM

What are the effects of Erika;s remnants (and combining with the stream associated with the cutoff upper level low in the gulf) In Orlando next to Universal, it's raining about an inch an hour now (see cfhc's orlando personal weather station)

Although not directly related to Erika yet, the combined stream of moisture in the Gulf and Erika is a setup for flooding rainfall, as most of central and south Florida is under a flood watch.

Orlando webcam stream is running http://www.ustream.tv/channel/flhurricane-hurricane-streams

And pointed at a weird angle because of rain and nighttime. It's overlooking lake Marsha toward the backside of Universal Studios Florida. (lit up structure on right is the employee parking garage for it)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bev
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL and Abaco, ... 27.03N 82.06W
Re: Erika Remnants effects in your area [Re: MikeC]
      #95875 - Sat Aug 29 2015 11:24 PM

Conditions here in Port Charlotte

2" of rain since 7 p.m. with frequent lightning (fried my router).
Regional power outage of less than an hour.
Winds NE 13mph with earlier gust to 26mph.

Nearest web cam with night visibility is at Pineland Marina on Pine Island.
http://www.capeweather.com/pineland-marina-webcam.html

--------------------
Survived Charley at Cat 4 under a staircase. Won't do that again. I watch SW Florida and Abaco primarily.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
      #95878 - Sun Aug 30 2015 01:16 AM

Had a fast moving thunderstorm come in from the southeast off the water this evening with 0.59". Rainfall total for the past four days is 5.91". The ground is saturated and ponds and drainage ditches are full.
ED

Prospero
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Gulfport, FL 27.74N 82.70W
      #95889 - Sun Aug 30 2015 08:25 PM

Gulfport, Florida at 8:20 pm, Sunday August 30th:

Gave up on anything by 6:00 pm, cooked a couple steaks on the grill, and then at 7:00 pm it started raining and so far we've had 2.3 inches in an hour and 20 minutes.

Tropical systems feel much different than the typical Summer afternoon thunderstorms, and totally different than the storms that come in a wave with cold fronts. There is that "tropical" warmth and depth that other storms don't have.

Erika is giving us a kiss...

Gulfport, Florida weather station

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2571

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center