Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 42 (Nate) , Major: 60 (Maria) Florida - Any: 70 (Irma) Major: 70 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2015 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
cieldumort

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx 30.40N 97.80W
Area of Interest - Invest 94L
      #95942 - Mon Sep 14 2015 02:56 PM

At 14 Sep 2015 1830Z, Invest 94L was located just offshore of Tampico, Mx near 22N 97W, with maximum sustained winds of about 30 MPH, central pressure of 1010mb and movement almost stationary. SSTs are running around 30C, with modest shear over the system out of the west-northwest, that becomes high just to its north.

Some additional development of this system is plausible early this week, after which shear is forecast to increase in the area to levels prohibitive of further development, while the feature is forecast to track inland over eastern Mexico.

In the near-term, 94L's greatest impediment to becoming a named tropical cyclone is its close proximity to land.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl 27.53N 82.44W
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 94L [Re: cieldumort]
      #95945 - Tue Sep 15 2015 10:02 AM

The dynamic in the GOM has changed radically since this time yesterday...the mid-level trough mentioned in forecasts to be developing, seems to be taking shape in the mid GOM south of NO/LA at about 92-93 W... the 1013mb low near Mexico is slated to dissipate, but "weak" low pressure is anticipated to form and move along this newly formed trough over the next few days...

To me it seems that the GOM is ripe for development IF the right ingredients happen to fall into place, and I personally will be checking the progress of this dynamic closely. I am a little suspicious about what I am seeing here.

--------------------
doug

doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl 27.53N 82.44W
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 94L [Re: doug]
      #95954 - Fri Sep 18 2015 03:46 PM

the area has crossed into the Atl. and is now 96L..it is a very sheared system and I do not think it has much of a future...although I did see one run of a GFS model that did close off a low here.

--------------------
doug

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2102

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center