Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 47 (Nate) , Major: 65 (Maria) Florida - Any: 75 (Irma) Major: 75 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> 2017 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Prospero
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Gulfport, FL 27.74N 82.70W
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: flnative]
      #98518 - Thu Sep 07 2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

flnative:
I called because I didn't know my zone and their website said it couldn't find my address. The Pinellas County EOC employee looked up my address and told me I was in Zone B and that B & C would be mandatory evac 7am Saturday morning. This was at 1:45 this afternoon.

Inside information on FLHurricane.com, that's why this website is THE BEST!

Let's keep it going, consider a donation. I gave my first one this year after 13 years of getting my up-to-date storm information here.

http://flhurricane.com/wiki/Site_Donations_and_Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rubber Ducky
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Cocoa Beach, FL
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: Prospero]
      #98519 - Thu Sep 07 2017 07:41 PM

Just donated. Thanks for reminder.

JMII
Storm Tracker

Loc: Margate, Florida 26.26N 80.22W
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: Rubber Ducky]
      #98521 - Thu Sep 07 2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Here ya go... https://www.sigalert.com/Map.asp?lat=27.82634&lon=-80.55367&z=3

Impressive site, they also have an iOS app. Instant download - THANKS.

Gas Buddy lists stations with gas and power, so another good resource for those getting out of dodge.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced:
David ('79) - Floyd ('87) - Andrew ('92) - Georges ('98) - Irene ('99) - Frances & Jeanne ('04) - Katrina & Wilma ('05) - Matthew ('16)

Rubber Ducky
Weather Watcher

Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: JMII]
      #98523 - Thu Sep 07 2017 07:57 PM

Cameras too.

TheOtherRick
Weather Watcher

Loc: 28.35N 80.61W
      #98530 - Thu Sep 07 2017 08:30 PM

All the news about I-75 backing up all the way to Georgia, and Tampa being overwhelmed. I'll bet, everyone thinks/thought it would go up the east side of the state. They took the turnpike etc, and headed NW.

A warning, If all of a sudden, it the track shifted to the west side of the state, I-95 will become a parking lot if a real panic sets in on those big population centers tomorrow and early Saturday morning.

Here in Cocoa Beach, there are no lines at any gas stations, and the Publix has everything except the big D cell batteries. Hardly any cars on the road. Publix stays open until tomorrow night, not sure about the gas stations. The Weather Channel has descended on us like vultures, and it's not "Hurricane Shield" Cantori, it's one of those sacrificial lambs. Well, there's one building that will be there regardless, Cocoa Beach Surf Complex, where the emergency folks stay, and they were filming in front of it. If they have the guts, (or lack of sound judgment) to stay, it'll be some great footage, backup generator, six stories and plenty of places to film from, all the way up.

Rubber Ducky
Weather Watcher

Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: TheOtherRick]
      #98531 - Thu Sep 07 2017 08:34 PM

Cocoa Beach Publix was scheduled to close for a year or so on 9 Sep for remodeling ... but request from city manager to stay open an additional week to ease things after the storm was agreed to. So no matter what the sign says, CB Publix at Banana Square open another week.

Prospero
Weather Guru

Loc: Gulfport, FL 27.74N 82.70W
      #98532 - Thu Sep 07 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

The Weather Channel has descended on us like vultures, and it's not "Hurricane Shield" Cantori, it's one of those sacrificial lambs.

Well then the good news is that the worst of the storm will likely miss you! LOL

How many, countless in fact, hours I have watched Weather Channel anticipating anything near the hype they promote to end up yawning and bored. Even Harvey live footage was a joke at landfall.

Disclaimer: Not that I would want to watch any live human picked up and thrown around and harmed by a storm. But to see people walking in the background looking at their smart phones while the anchors appear to fight the breeze is a joke.

TheOtherRick
Weather Watcher

Loc: 28.35N 80.61W
      #98540 - Thu Sep 07 2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Cocoa Beach Publix was scheduled to close for a year or so on 9 Sep for remodeling ... but request from city manager to stay open an additional week to ease things after the storm was agreed to. So no matter what the sign says, CB Publix at Banana Square open another week.

i didn't know they were going to close the whole thing down that long, I thought they were going to work around the expansion. At any rate, I'm talking about closing for the hurricane tomorrow night.

Spooky how few people on the road already. And everyone driving 10mph faster, and acting rashly.

Weather Channel said it's backed up from the beginning of the Turnpike to Atlanta. If 5am says it's gonna hit the western part of the state,anywhere over the center line, I-95 will be a parking lot. Might be regardless.

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida 28.12N 80.58W
      #98579 - Fri Sep 08 2017 07:46 AM

Last guest out at 11:00 am then we`re closing the hotel. We`re going to batten down the hatches and lock it until Monday afternoon when I`ll make my way up A1A and do a recon of the property. It wasn't a pretty sight after Jeanne went through. I hope it isn't repeated this time.

JMII.

#98592 - Fri Sep 08 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

All the news about I-75 backing up all the way to Georgia, and Tampa being overwhelmed. I'll bet, everyone thinks/thought it would go up the east side of the state. They took the turnpike etc, and headed NW.

A warning, If all of a sudden, it the track shifted to the west side of the state, I-95 will become a parking lot if a real panic sets in on those big population centers tomorrow and early Saturday morning.

US27 up the middle of the state was fine, like a regular day, about 1/2 the gas stations had fuel. Reports indicate is get crowded near Leesburg.

Had to create a new account my previous one wouldn't log in despite resetting my password (twice in fact).

--------------------
David ('79) - Floyd ('87) - Andrew ('92) - Georges ('98) - Irene ('99) - Frances & Jeanne ('04) - Katrina & Wilma ('05) - Matthew ('16)

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Plant City, Florida 28.01N 82.12W
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: JMII.]
      #98594 - Fri Sep 08 2017 01:53 PM

Looking at current Tampa radar....noticing showers moving east to west in bands...this is NOT normal summer weather but is showing some upper level influence from Irma's outflow....pretty cool since it is so far away.

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2017 Season Prediction: 16/7/3

LilE

Loc: Panama City, Florida
      #98597 - Fri Sep 08 2017 02:45 PM

Up here there are NO hotel/motel rooms left. From here to Gulfport and from here to Tennessee. No Rooms. They are closing some things in PC Monday like banks. They are having trouble keeping water stocked and some low gas spots, We are shipping gas down south from here.

I keep checking local EOC and nothing, I check local news and not much. Then I listened to the weather radio and their saying TS conditions possible Monday, Hurricane conditions possible Monday night and TS conditions possible Tuesday am.

Then I looked at the weather channel app and the red cone had moved from the big bend to over Pensacola. But the one on TV was only over to Apalachicola. lol

It doesn't matter, but if anything unpredictable happens and it does come W there is now no way to get out of here. Between summer visitors and hurricane refugees we would be slammed. One problem I have is my 84 year old Mom, she is deathly afraid of Hurricanes (terrified). She has been through smaller ones when younger, then she decided it was best for her to leave, so she usually left and like I said she lost her house in Opal.

So, I guess I'm going to go get the courtyard taken care of and put the sandbags out.

Can any of you shed any light on the forecast track, because their showing on the NHC latest forecast track it is still going WNW but on the weather channel their showing it going W@14mph? Plus the cone difference?

Thank you, and I hope those of you in her path stay safe...
Laura

Daniel Jones

Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: LilE]
      #98652 - Sat Sep 09 2017 12:10 AM

Seminole County Public Schools has announced closure for Monday AND Tuesday.

Deltona gas stations still have gas, but it is sparse. Most stations are down to 87 ONLY, and I've yet to find one on the GasBuddy app in decent distance with diesel. Lines are still long, unless you do what I did and go at 4 am. Mail service suspended until Tuesday, and most stores (including grocery) will be closing at 4 or 5 pm.

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: Daniel Jones]
      #98682 - Sat Sep 09 2017 07:49 AM

All Publix in Flagler County closing at 8 pm for last minute supplies/medicine etc......

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

JMII
Storm Tracker

Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: Daniel Jones]
      #98683 - Sat Sep 09 2017 07:51 AM

Gas available at US 27 and SR 70 Shell / Circle K, south of Lake Placid, north of Venus .

--------------------

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Loc: Indiatlantic Florida 28.12N 80.58W
      #98688 - Sat Sep 09 2017 09:04 AM

Just had a nice round of showers come in off the ocean here in southern Brevard County and that's just the beginning of the next 36 hours. I`m going to try and make a run down to beach and do a recon when the rain lets up

JMII
Storm Tracker

Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #98691 - Sat Sep 09 2017 10:30 AM

Back home... fastest run down US27 ever - not a car to be seen, all traffic lights blinking yellow.

A few light and quick feeder bands coming thru Coral Springs.
Winds gusting to 20 mph, pressure 29.7 and steady, trace of rain.

...the event has begun for us in S FL.

--------------------

JMII
Storm Tracker

#98704 - Sat Sep 09 2017 12:58 PM

Condition update - about the same...
Mostly cloudy with patches of sun, low fast moving grey clouds.
Winds gusting to 30 mph, pressure 29.6 and steady, trace of rain.

JMII
Storm Tracker

#98712 - Sat Sep 09 2017 02:30 PM

Steady state here..

Overcast skies, dark clouds moving in.
Winds due E @10 to 15, gusting to 30 mph, pressure 29.6 and falling - just .1" of rain from 3 squals

jastrowx

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL 29.27N 81.05W
      #98713 - Sat Sep 09 2017 02:56 PM

Here in Ormond Beach we have been getting a lot of rain and thunder moving in from the ocean. Not directly related to Irma but the pressure gradient between the high and Irma is allowing convergence bands to form. Total rain so far over 2 inches. Tropical storm force winds expected here Sunday afternoon or evening. Hope everyone stays safe.

--------------------
Joe

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15564

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center